Sign in to follow this  
joe_mcentire

Help enriching the swamp experience!

well when speaking of salty marshes...why not adding an abandoned marina which slowly got retaken by nature a nice addition

am607c.jpg

His going to say 'first', I just know it.

(Edit: I was wrong...This time.)

As for the swamp: It either needs some cover or a major incentive to go there. Like a howitzer or something.

As it looks now you'll just be a guy with wet feet about to get shot through the head should you decide to visit.

The howitzer thing was a joke, relax.

Damn. i was all ready to go with 'Max and his Howitzer' stories too.

• Like 1

Has anybody requested snapping turtles for the swamp? Swamp boats? Hover Craft with lasers?

Has anybody requested snapping turtles for the swamp? Swamp boats? Hover Craft with lasers?

Or moss covered swamp zombies. (as suggested IIT)

Edited by 7kingMeta

The howitzer thing was a joke, relax.

Sorry mate, didn't see your smile behind the serious moustache :)

• Like 1

hej, back with some interesting informations regarding swamps/bogs/marshes: http://www.wikihow.com/Walk-in-a-Swamp

A short overview of several kinds of waters and how to behave in and challenge a swamp. very informative.

all in all a very informative site, can be used for future SA implementations! (http://www.wikihow.com/Category:Hunting)

Make it like Metal Gear Solid 3, but more hardcore. Leeches drain your blood slowly and you can just pick them off and lose a little extra blood or burn them off with matches or a cigar (lol) or something.

I dunno though. There are so many things that you could add, that would be good ideas if you REALLY thought them out and implemented them well, but you have to ask if it's worth the time and effort they could have used to add something else.

Still, I've always loved swamps, especially in MGS3, and I'm definitely looking forward to it in-game.

Well here are some idea's for the swamp, not sure if they are all possible though!

- Swamp gas, maybe a random event where it rises up from the water at certain area's. ( not uncommen in real swamps )

- partially submerged vehicles which maybe can be towed out to be repaired or can cantain loot.

- not if this one is possible, musquito's that could bite/sting a person with a chance of infection or diseas ( swamps are breeding grounds for these things )

- more fogged area's. The shallow waters have a higher chance to produce fog than lets say a grass land.

- slower movement. Swamps are unpredictable and often have holes or softspots so running through them should be a bit harder.

- Floods, after a heavy rainstorm parts of a swamp can easely flood and therefor destroy tents/stash you have been hiding there.

Dfekt

it seems that swamps now could play a major role in the overhauled health-system, as their ecosystem provides perfectly fresh-filtered water. i see deliberately polluted (drag corpses into swamps, throw polluted clothes) swamps to get their rebalance much faster than other conventional water resources.

Edited by joe_mcentire

it's quite old i know, however something i have noticed so far:

luZVaNI.jpg

are swamps supposed to be just ankle-deep?! please change that immediately. this is just.... and Dean mentioned it's his new favorite place to be. tssss...

Edited by joe_mcentire