Sign in to follow this  
obi_james_kinobi

Zombie children, too much?

I was wondering if zombie kids would be a possibility to be added, it'd definatly scare the crap out of me if some little girl poped out of no-where and started running towards me, howling an moaning trying to eat my brains. Would it be too much though? The game's age rating would shoot up with zombie kids running about, but does that really matter? Realistically, we should be seeing loads of young zombies roaming the streets. Unless the population of Chernarus WAS infertile. Just a point.

What do u guys think of this?

• Like 1

i would love to see zombie children in this game because it would be realistic.

• Like 3

It would be realistic but i know Dead Island got alot of hate due to there trailer showing a zombie child/her death.

• Like 1

I don't get the moral conudrum everyone's making it out to be.

I watched Utopia (an awesome Channel 4 drama) last night and a man walks into a school and murders a bunch of adults and children.. That was broadcast on one of Britain's terrestrial channels.. I don't see why potential zombie-fied children in a computer game should be tabboo'd if that's already happening.

i would love to see zombie children in this game because it would be realistic.

there is already an awesome poll on this subject.

Personally i don't mind if there are zed kids or not, or even players kid characters for that matter (be nice if you had a character who looked your rl age), but i do understand why some folks would have an issue with it, and i get why a corporation would shy away from releasing a game where you get to waste kids, especially in the wake of that school shooting in the states.

As for realism you could just say as part of the back story that all the kids were evacuated after the outbreak.

Edited by wabbit

As for realism you could just say as part of the back story that all the kids were evacuated after the outbreak.

the thing is if it where realistic not everyone would have be evacuated in time i mean you could even have it so players could play as children surviving the zombie outbreak along side adults also same for females.

Edited by JABBA69R

Not fussed if Zomboys and Zombettes make it into the game, but I predict the media will get it's knickers in a collective twist and the "Ban This Sick Filth" brigade will be out in force.

• Like 1

"Won't somebody think of the infected children?"

• Like 2

the thing is if it where realistic not everyone would have be evacuated in time i mean you could even have it so players could play as children surviving the zombie outbreak along side adults also same for females.

Like I said I'm all for having kid zeds and characters but the fact remains that there are those folks who will not feel too comfortable about a game where one of the features is to execute little children with military grade weaponry.

Is it too much of a stretch for the imagination to have a back story where there are no kids because the kids were evac'd out and the few that did get infected were shot by locals in the immediate aftermath? just saying.

Like I said I'm all for having kid zeds and characters but the fact remains that there are those folks who will not feel too comfortable about a game where one of the features is to execute little children with military grade weaponry.

I think that's exactly why there should be infected kids! :) It would make you think twice. Emotions are good.

Anyway, why bother worrying about controversy? Isn't the game going to be 18+ anyway? And the sells aren't the most important thing?

• Like 1

I think that's exactly why there should be infected kids! :) It would make you think twice. Emotions are good.

Anyway, why bother worrying about controversy? Isn't the game going to be 18+ anyway? And the sells aren't the most important thing?

The game would be refused rating in places like Germany and Australia i.e. wouldn't be allowed to be sold at all unless a modified version was released for these places.

Zombie children have already been considered and decided against by the dev team...

• Like 1

definitely mate, i think it would be a good thing, i hate the over emotional doo gooders who want to dictate to everyone else what is right and wrong, but they exist and they are vocal and on this issue they will win

The game would be refused rating in places like Germany and Australia i.e. wouldn't be allowed to be sold at all unless a modified version was released for these places.

Zombie children have already been considered and decided against by the dev team...

This. I live in Germany and USK (our rating for games) is kinda strict in terms of violence. Infected children wouldnt be very helpful for a release here.

€: I also dont see a point in making infected children. Would be cool, sure, but I never missed them.

Edited by Sei.Fe

what? my topic that mentioned children and zombies in the same sentance but nothing about zombie children gets locked, and this does not? WHYYY!?

I say hell yeah put zombie kids in be scary as shit plus it be fun to blow their little heads off and as far as the rating goes it would not be a problem because the game is already going to be rated M so yeah...

I say hell yeah put zombie kids in be scary as shit plus it be fun to blow their little heads off and as far as the rating goes it would not be a problem because the game is already going to be rated M so yeah...

Read. It's not happening, lol.

what? my topic that mentioned children and zombies in the same sentance but nothing about zombie children gets locked, and this does not? WHYYY!?

Well, if you insist...

Locked.

Edited by mZLY