Sign in to follow this  
Helson

Opinions with the 1.7.5.1 Update?

Your probably the guy that sprint around cherno n expects to lose 'em in the buildings... i spent the whole day stealthing round most of the north area with my m9 sd n bizon, if your smart you can survive....if you dont get into a zombies line of site and walk on roads you never get agro, if you do dispatch them quickly or expect the full town/airfield to come for you, and then its time to screw the stealth, empty a mag into the nearest zeds, make an escape route and RUUNNNN!

Im loving it soo far but ammo and even all loot for that matter is low, still it makes a change from everyone camping on nwaf n spamming every bullet they have to get your smoke grenades XD

Untrue. Zeds can now easily spot you at 200 meters when you are crawling under the cover or trees/bushes/grass. Best to not assume that because you are careful you can survive, because that does not fly under the new update.

They can see/hear you crawling at amazingly long distances. Needs to be adjusted.

I'm all for making things harsh and realistic- love the idea of infection, boiling water, dragged out out of cars.

It would be okay for the Zeds to call for their buddies if you had a decent chance of crawling around town. You don't, and this destroys the idea of strategy and surviving with your wits. You have to have stuff like morphine. You cant get it outside of zombie locales, and stealth know longer functions.

It's simple, and it's the one thing that needs addressed.

Loving it. All the little changes just add to the games already awesome hardcore survival feel. As for zombie aggro, feels the same to me. Been able to hide prone in the bush and watch Zeds walk right by grunting all the way lol.

Its great! I like how the difficulty has seemingly been ramped up BUT zombies are way to OP. I have been spotted crouched walking and crawling almost instantly from about 200m, this has to be fixed it draws away from the realism; I'm all for rougelike brutality but this is just suicide. Also alot of players are now even more cautious of using characters with high level loot, lots of gear etc because of this.

Your probably the guy that sprint around cherno n expects to lose 'em in the buildings... i spent the whole day stealthing round most of the north area with my m9 sd n bizon, if your smart you can survive....if you dont get into a zombies line of site and walk on roads you never get agro, if you do dispatch them quickly or expect the full town/airfield to come for you, and then its time to screw the stealth, empty a mag into the nearest zeds, make an escape route and RUUNNNN!

Im loving it soo far but ammo and even all loot for that matter is low, still it makes a change from everyone camping on nwaf n spamming every bullet they have to get your smoke grenades XD

Dude, smoke grenades are mostly bugged, and there's always a zombie who see you even if you're crawling in grass with shift pressed 100m away, and when you try to lose him or kill him, you end up with a ton more spanking you to death, as one freaking g17/makarov shot will aggro like 20 zombies.

Actually, running around with full sprint is a way better strategy than crawling at the moment.

Edited by lipemr

I think the biggest issue I have with the update is the stupid "30 second" timer to log off. It's not 30 seconds...it's about twice that. Sometimes something happens IRL and I have to exit the game quickly. Why should I be punished because I want to exit the game???

• Like 1

I think the game feels alot smoother..

Greetings citizens,

I definitely agree with the post quoted above. The game is more optimized and effective with lower cost computer architecture.

From the Desk of the President.

Greetings citizens,

I definitely agree with the post quoted above. The game is more optimized and effective with lower cost computer architecture.

From the Desk of the President.

wut

I don't mind the angrier, faster zombies too much, but I do wish the laws of physics would apply to them. (Walking through solid objects to get you) There have always been a few of what I call 'one-hit-wonder-Zed' that can break your bones and kill you almost instantly. But I didn't expect them to break all the glass in a vehicle and kill you in that vehicle from a good three arms lengths away. Without the Zed's abilities to use tools they should not be able to break through tempered vehicle glass with one blow, even in a group.

I don't know anything about coding, but I'd bet it's really difficult to make the Zed respond approriately to so many types of objects, with so many variations in the damages those objects can take. I appreciate all the work the community devs are doing to enhance the DayZ experience for all of us. I hope I don't come across as complaining, I'm just relaying my expriences.

The infinite zombie respawn is a bit much. If I remember correctly there was problem with this several months ago that had to be hotfixed. Even when using a hatchet or silenced weapon they appear to increase exponentially and keep coming at a high rate of speed regardless of stealth maneuvers and breaking LOS. Heaven forbid you fire a Makarov. "Realistically" I would imagine we would have the ability to clear a wave in smaller areas, grab the beans or fill a jerry can and get the hell out because the next wave is making its way to your location.

Everything else I'm cool with. Storage configurations makes me have to really consider loot priorities, trying to kill rabbits with a hatchet is hilarious fun, increased infection from water, blood transfusions, and raw meat make perfect sense. :thumbsup:

Dude, smoke grenades are mostly bugged, and there's always a zombie who see you even if you're crawling in grass with shift pressed 100m away, and when you try to lose him or kill him, you end up with a ton more spanking you to death, as one freaking g17/makarov shot will aggro like 20 zombies.

Actually, running around with full sprint is a way better strategy than crawling at the moment.

The problem stems from that ability of the zombies to hail each other. One zombie can alert every other zombie within 80m (which, in turn, means those zombies can hail within 80m) and suddenly you have 20+ zombies coming after you. Toss in the near-instant respawning of zombies and the mod is pretty freaking hard now during the day. Luckily, the guys are working on fixing both of those problems (want to say it was dropping 80m to something more manageable, like 40m...and the zombies have a 2 min delay on respawns).

On a side note--why is my ammo refilling again on server rejoin? I'm loving it, don't get me wrong (I've been using the Bizon for days now! days!) but this is ridiculous. Thought that got taken out for obvious balance issues.