Sign in to follow this  
Helson

Opinions with the 1.7.5.1 Update?

Title says it all, haha. What can you say about the new update? Personally I like it, makes DayZ a little more difficult if you ask me, now... what do YOU guys think? =O

I don't have the new update, Dayz Commander still shows the previous as latest. :|

Tried restarting your DayZ Commander? Mine just popped up a few hours ago.

I think the game feels alot smoother.. FPS is still a bit "iffy" in my opinion... but it wasnt a major update so it's to be expected... made travelling in vehicles a bit more realistic though.

Unplayable. Thanks for "killing" my character in Cherno...

Really wish I hadn't installed the new version. Too many zombies, not enough equipment, and Zombies inside houses (in Kamenka).

Guess I'm going to stop playing for a while...the game, that was almost perfect, is now ridiculously unplayable.

Unplayable. Thanks for "killing" my character in Cherno...

Really wish I hadn't installed the new version. Too many zombies, not enough equipment, and Zombies inside houses (in Kamenka).

Guess I'm going to stop playing for a while...the game, that was almost perfect, is now ridiculously unplayable.

Let me guess...

Learned to play from tutorials and loot maps, bypassing what DayZ actually is - a brutal survival sim.

• Like 5

Nope. Always played solo, no loot maps. Travelled all the way to the airfield, and then to Cherno, with no assists...and the loot (at airfield) wasn't even worth the trip. Character killed by "official hack"...yes I'm pissed...

I always played the "proper way", never cheated, and seldom was seen by Zombies (just killed ~150 in all those dayz, and all that mileage, most of it crouched).

Brutal survival is one thing, it demands strategy, intelligence, and, some times, a bit of luck. Certain death, and "radar-guided" Zombies...that's just stupid.

Sorry, I will not jump on the hive-mentality, nor will I be a "fan-boy"...with this update realism just went out-the-window (if we consider zombies as virus infected people).

Edited by NorthWolfe

Zombies can now spot you from 150+ meters away when you are crawling through grass and brush...this destroys the entire strategy for the sneaking style of play, which is what dayz is really all about.

Nothing good about that, and it's needs fixed and fast.

I spawned in when I updated and my legs automatically broke and I lost alot of blood. Trying to contact medics via the medic topic. So far, this update has made me a very sad panda.

The one thing I hate is the fact zombies can hit you inside vehicles but you cant kill them from the inside so vehicles have REALLY become a liability...

totally annoying, zombies are spotting you from almost 200m away, if they're standing and you're crouched, if they hit you, you almost instantly break your leg, this game isnt realistic anymore, how can ill people with eyes and ears almost completely rotted see/listen you from 200 meters?

Your leg shouldnt break even if you fall from a 4m distance, how can ONE DAMN HIT from a freaking rotting dude break your leg? are the survivors low on calcium or something?

Edited by lipemr

Well, they haven't added milk or eggs to the game yet.. so.. my bet is on low calcium.

Nope. Always played solo, no loot maps. Travelled all the way to the airfield, and then to Cherno, with no assists...and the loot (at airfield) wasn't even worth the trip. Character killed by "official hack"...yes I'm pissed...

I always played the "proper way", never cheated, and seldom was seen by Zombies (just killed ~150 in all those dayz, and all that mileage, most of it crouched).

Brutal survival is one thing, it demands strategy, intelligence, and, some times, a bit of luck. Certain death, and "radar-guided" Zombies...that's just stupid.

Sorry, I will not jump on the hive-mentality, nor will I be a "fan-boy"...with this update realism just went out-the-window (if we consider zombies as virus infected people).

Bad.

totally annoying, zombies are spotting you from almost 200m away, if they're standing and you're crouched, if they hit you, you almost instantly break your leg, this game isnt realistic anymore, how can ill people with eyes and ears almost completely rotted see/listen you from 200 meters?

Your leg shouldnt break even if you fall from a 4m distance, how can ONE DAMN HIT from a freaking rotting dude break your leg? are the survivors low on calcium or something?

I don't think the chance of breaking your legs was changed at all. :S

Here's an idea though... Carry morphine! I always have one in my main inventory and 2 in my pack. ;)

...And that's just for me, if I'm playing with other people I expect them to have the same.

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 1

Your probably the guy that sprint around cherno n expects to lose 'em in the buildings... i spent the whole day stealthing round most of the north area with my m9 sd n bizon, if your smart you can survive....if you dont get into a zombies line of site and walk on roads you never get agro, if you do dispatch them quickly or expect the full town/airfield to come for you, and then its time to screw the stealth, empty a mag into the nearest zeds, make an escape route and RUUNNNN!

Im loving it soo far but ammo and even all loot for that matter is low, still it makes a change from everyone camping on nwaf n spamming every bullet they have to get your smoke grenades XD

Now every time I stop somewhere with a car, I have to waste either 15 minutes just running all of them over, or relogging in. It is really ridiculous how many zombies follow you.

There are some issues of concern, including:

- invisible weapons

- dying when you leave/return to game because the software thinks that you were combat-logging, when it's just the way the software transports you to an "island" before you leave and join servers.

- shooting a hand pistol once bringing endless zombies

- passing out after one scratch though in perfect health

- passing out after one scratch though in perfect health, and as the timer appears, being kicked from the game, which shuts down, and pc then shutting down

- axes that go blunt in less than ten minutes

- becoming madly thirsty and hungry too quickly

- blurry graphics, even on high end machines, as the software has decided to take control of some aspects of the visual aspects, for some reason.

Edit: but I like the changes in general.

Edited by Sula

Not too fussed with it to be honest, noticed a few minor changes but nothing i would say drastically changes the gameplay dynamics or ruins the experience for me?

can someone tell me whats exactly new in this version ?? i cant find any log

and i cant play dayz now cuz of 40 and 44 battleye errors

Went through several cities on a new character last night, love the new difficulty.

TIP: to navigate cities, throw empty cans to distract and clear zombies out of the way. (always keep a few in my pack)

There are some issues of concern, including:

- invisible weapons

- dying when you leave/return to game because the software thinks that you were combat-logging, when it's just the way the software transports you to an "island" before you leave and join servers.

- shooting a hand pistol once bringing endless zombies

- passing out after one scratch though in perfect health

- passing out after one scratch though in perfect health, and as the timer appears, being kicked from the game, which shuts down, and pc then shutting down

- axes that go blunt in less than ten minutes

- becoming madly thirsty and hungry too quickly

- blurry graphics, even on high end machines, as the software has decided to take control of some aspects of the visual aspects, for some reason.

Edit: but I like the changes in general.

These things are all proper complaints and should be ironed out.

I wouldn't mind the addition of spawning zeds when you are in vehicles if loot also spawned when in vehicles. You ride up to a city or building to loot and immediately have aggro from driving through town. You get out and have to either kill or ditch 10-15 zombies and when you get to the building you wanted to loot it still doesn't have anything spawned. Something needs to change.