Diz (DayZ)

Who Else Thinks 1.7.5.1 Pushes Annoyance and Survival Too Far?

Just wait for the hotfix, it be much better now.

Does the hotfix fix the instant respawning zombies? Because that's the biggest killer on this patch. If you decide to clear a town of zeds, they should stay dead for at least somewhere around 5 minutes. It's ridiculous the way it is now

You people are cute who thinks zombies are hard to deal with now. SD ammo is the key for zombies now consider them more valuable than anything else.

• Like 1

Please, zombies are still a joke. All that really changed is that you have to think twice about shooting an Enfield if you're cornered. Getting an infection from transfusions/water is a minor change too, since antibiotic spawns were drastically increased, it essentially means you have one less inventory slot.

So if you're having difficulties with the new patch, I'd imagine you were having difficulties before too and nothing but experience will solve that problem.

• Like 1

Personally I find it EASIER to avoid zombies as well as make them stop following me after this patch.

What is the OP smoking?

Couldn't agree more. Some people on these boards, mainly kids with very limited intelligence, worst then the game's "AI, always assume we don't like the new patch because it's harder. In fact it is a lot easier then the previous version,,,Zeds are my new super-market, just exploit the new "AI". And that's what I don't like, I used to crawl (another very unrealistic feature) across the whole map having to kill only ~150 Zeds, now I kill ~300 in the first 30 minutes...I just run everywhere, attracting my "main suppliers" to an "AI" loophole.

Got to love their group swims ;)

Does the hotfix fix the instant respawning zombies? Because that's the biggest killer on this patch. If you decide to clear a town of zeds, they should stay dead for at least somewhere around 5 minutes. It's ridiculous the way it is now

Yes, it does. It's more like 2 minutes than 5 minutes, but with the latest changes, standing on a roof they cant get to and throwing grenades/firing the loudest weapon(s) available, you only get a mild horde of ~20.

Also tested proning into electro, I almost made it the entire way (was unlucky, crawled too close to one, as in less than ~5m).

• Like 1

My opinion: Yes, the game is just annoying now.

As single player, in order to get blood after zombie hits, I need matches, a knife and hatchet to eat myself back to health.

There is no other way of doing it. I just spent four very boring hours looking for matches. I'm now at 2000 blood due to

zombie attacks whilst scavenging, and I have no way to proceed except to commit suicide and run back to my body.

In v174 and the v175 betas, I could nearly always find matches, knife and hatchet within a couple of hours, and THAT'S when

I can start to play the game in earnest; knowing I can repair my character when he gets hurt.

If it's going to take several hours just to get a basic starter kit, then unfortunately I have to make the decision that I've got

better things to do with my time. That's not realism, it's just a broken game.

I've said this before and I'll say it again - single players need to be able to blood themselves more easily. I really resent

that paired players can simply go to several places on the map which are guaranteed to have blood bags, and return to

full health immediately. Single players are already at a huge disadvantage as it is, and not being able to get yourself

healthy as easily as teams is just a kick in the teeth.

I'll suicide now, and give v1751 another few hours with a new character. If I die again before I can get basic gear, I'm going to

retire from the game and do something less boring than running from place to place looking through garbage, which is all this

patch has offered so far.

Edited by Anti
  • Like 3

This could all be fixed if single players could use blood bags, albeit make them a little rarer to find....

My opinion: Yes, the game is just annoying now.

As single player, in order to get blood after zombie hits, I need matches, a knife and hatchet to eat myself back to health.

There is no other way of doing it. I just spent four very boring hours looking for matches. I'm now at 2000 blood due to

zombie attacks whilst scavenging, and I have no way to proceed except to commit suicide and run back to my body.

In v174 and the v175 betas, I could nearly always find matches, knife and hatchet within a couple of hours, and THAT'S when

I can start to play the game in earnest; knowing I can repair my character when he gets hurt.

If it's going to take several hours just to get a basic starter kit, then unfortunately I have to make the decision that I've got

better things to do with my time. That's not realism, it's just a broken game.

I've said this before and I'll say it again - single players need to be able to blood themselves more easily. I really resent

that paired players can simply go to several places on the map which are guaranteed to have blood bags, and return to

full health immediately. Single players are already at a huge disadvantage as it is, and not being able to get yourself

healthy as easily as teams can is just a kick in the teeth.

I'll suicide now, and give v1751 another few hours with a new character. If I die again before I can get basic gear, I'm going to

retire from the game and do something less boring than running from place to place looking through garbage, which is all this

patch has offered so far.

Takes me five minutes to find matches, a knife and a hatchet. You should not get hit once by zombies finding those either, it isn't difficult, simply run through buildings with two entrances or use a single entrance and kite them inside so you can escape.

You are doing something wrong, stop blaming the game for your lack of experience and learn to deal with the situation.

Here is my one complaint for the new patch. Other than this everything else seems fine and I can adapt. What I don't like is...

[uPDATED] - Zeds will talk to other zeds within 80 meter.

I was literally laying on the ground and aggroed by one zed....which turned out to be ten.

I don't like this mechanic because zeds are supposed to be mindless corpses and the only way they should find you is if they see or hear you. Not because another zed 75 meters away yells "HEY LOOK WHAT I FOUND....BRAINS!!!!!!

Remove the "Zeds will talk to each other" and I think this patch is spot on.

My $.02.

I don't like this mechanic because zeds are supposed to be mindless corpses and the only way they should find you is if they see or hear you. Not because another zed 75 meters away yells "HEY LOOK WHAT I FOUND....BRAINS!!!!!!.

Well, they're weaponless, infected alive people in DayZ, not mindless corpses. And the communication is being improved for the next version, bear with it :D

The zombie respawn thing is overboard... This video shows that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6ztAD-SU1C8#!

To avoid going to this guy's extreme, I shoot a few, loot, *zed RESPAWN*, shoot more, loot, *zed RESPAWN*, shoot more, loot, run off with a zombie tail, then lose the bastards in a store or something... This will attract bandits and players that want to go that route, but they will have to run in quick to a zombie respawn warzone and risk a lot...

This zombie respawn rate is WAAAAAAAAAAAY tooooooooooooooo muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch of a change..... How did this pass testing? Perhaps it was tested, feedback ignored because of politics or dev team says the infamous "BY DESIGN", and presto: Super annoying update released to the community.

GG!

• Like 1

Perhaps it was tested, feedback ignored because of politics or dev team says the infamous "BY DESIGN", and presto: Super annoying update released to the community.

Or perhaps they made a hotfix for it, invited the community to test it and are now polishing it up for the next release.

Or perhaps they made a hotfix for it, invited the community to test it and are now polishing it up for the next release.

yay for testing to the end user... another favorite of mine. :-)

• Like 1

yay for testing to the end user... another favorite of mine. :-)

You do realize I was talking about http://dayzmod.com/f...ng-for-testers/ right?

What I find funny about zeds communicating to each other is this quote from the intro strings:

"Some survive with the disease in a chronic state. Lacking regular brain function, they are scarely human. They are unable to communicate, driven by insatiable desire for violence, and attracted to the scent of those uninfected."

Edited by Elvaron

You do realize I was talking about http://dayzmod.com/f...ng-for-testers/ right?

Yeah. I didn't take it out of context. I was referring to the actual patch in my original post. http://dayzmod.com/f...od-1751-update/ All good yo!

Just a tough pill to swallow to release major updates with either awareness and/or igorance of the potential fallout of the patch. The intention to test your community's reaction and _maybe_ hotfix it is a bad user experience. Granted it may be fixed with a hotfix, but maybe not. That process is unnecessary. ;-) Test it "unreleased" to a large beta test community, then tune it or release it... Oh wait, DayZ Mod _is_ technically still in beta... :-o

GG!

Edited by moosemilker
  • Like 1

Died from...

Bandits: 204

Zombies: 23

Starvation/dehydration: 0

Yeah, I'm ok if they make zombies and survival more of a focus. Sure the zombies are less than perfect.. but that's why the stand alone is being made. Right?

Started playing with 1.7.5.1 so I can't really say if it's too far :P

From what I'm reading, it seems that hit was easier prior and I'm actually glad I started playing as it is getting harder which will only benefit me in the long run if it were to lets say go back to the way it was or get harder.

Takes me five minutes to find matches, a knife and a hatchet. You should not get hit once by zombies finding those either, it isn't difficult, simply run through buildings with two entrances or use a single entrance and kite them inside so you can escape.

You are doing something wrong, stop blaming the game for your lack of experience and learn to deal with the situation.

Servers are different, one server I played on matches were a rarity, my most recent server, matches, compass, watch and map are EVERYWHERE. The game is broken with 1.7.5 and no longer fun to play.

Wanted to join this thread's conversation.

First off, people who want TRUE realism: Don't play DayZ! Zombies aren't real! It's just physically impossible as, for example, they would need muscles & blood flow to move around. And as heart stops when a guy dies, there won't be any. Zombie games can never be 100% real.

But about the difficulty, I don't think this is too bad. Of course there are some things that might annoy, like the ability to pull players out of cars. I would of course keep door locked, window closed and seatbelt on to prevent that.

I don't understand why everybody get into a fight after someone dares to tell his opinion on the matter. Everyone has the right for an opinion. Even if it wouldn't match yours.

Edited by Teo

Wanted to join this thread's conversation.

First off, people who want TRUE realism: Don't play DayZ! Zombies aren't real! It's just physically impossible as, for example, they would need muscles & blood flow to move....

Stopped reading there...

Edited by Colonel-Wicked
  • Like 1

I would of course keep door locked, window closed and seatbelt on to prevent that.

In this instance you are absolutely up to date.

Rule #4: Seatbelts

To be fair I think this update has pushed the learning curve to a point where it's a bit too steep for newcomers

Anything that makes survival harder is +1 from me. I play this mod because it's a survival game. I suggest you play on private hive with more loot if you prefer the feeling of having everything readily available.

• Like 1