griffinz

DayZ Devblog 4th February 2013

I hope inland is getting a facelift aswell, becuase right now the coast looks like it's getting a make-over.

why they should only redo the coast? it has been said much more enterable buildings. im sure stary sobor, novy sobor, krasnostav and much more are part of that make-over ;)

what i really hope is... that the developement is going well without any problems so we will have a release soon ^_^

what kind of question is that? Obviously they are working on the whole map... They are reworking every part of it, all the way from North West Airfield to South East Skalisty... Why would you even think that they are only working on Chernarus Coast?

what kind of question is that? Obviously they are working on the whole map... They are reworking every part of it, all the way from North West Airfield to South East Skalisty... Why would you even think that they are only working on Chernarus Coast?

Maybe they are working on it in sections? But yeah none the less thay are working on the whole map obviusly :)

It's worth remembering that they will want to hold things back from the devblogs too. I personally don't want to see the whole new map inch by inch. Part of the fun of DayZ is exploring and revealing too much would ruin that.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 3

Did rocket say there will be a new dev blog evey friday or was that a joke?

Did rocket say there will be a new dev blog evey friday or was that a joke?

He said they will aim to release a devblog every Friday but not at the expense of making progress on the SA.

Oh yeah and with Utes having a airfield maybe this will make the coast a whole lot more dangerus to be on or they could get rid of the airfield completely it kinda like another NWAF!

He said they will aim to release a devblog every Friday but not at the expense of making progress on the SA.

Oh thanks for the quick reply and yeah I would rather he work on SA than do dev blogs constantly
  • Like 1

I want more updates. I don't think that doing the devlblog will impact the DayZ development phase... I mean, it takes just a couple hours to write a blog with pictures. And also, Rocket is not the only person working on the game...

I want more updates. I don't think that doing the devlblog will impact the DayZ development phase... I mean, it takes just a couple hours to write a blog with pictures. And also, Rocket is not the only person working on the game...

Yeah, you would think that after a massive success like DayZ mod has had Bohemia should shover Rocket with a huge dev team and hookers.

Personally I like that we have Rocket more or less in control of PR instead of some idiot making promises and hyping the game beyond belief *cough" Pete Hines Bethesda *cough*.

• Like 2

They have enough Devs dude. It is known. Of course not as much as other titles do, but they have enough. I don't think that Rocket works as much on Dayz SA as he used to work on the mod. Rocket actually is more of a PR guy as you said. His job is now more about telling the gaming community about the game other than developing it. He goes to conferences, meetings, he writes the blogs, he is on the forums here, so yeah. He just keeps the team organized and puts them on the right track of the development. Yes, he does contribute to the development process, but I don't think that it is his main job.

Edited by osallivan

They have enough Devs dude. It is known. Of course not as much as other titles do, but they have enough. I don't think that Rocket works as much on Dayz SA as he used to work on the mod. Rocket actually is more of a PR guy as you said. His job is now more about telling the gaming community about the game other than developing it. He goes to conferences, meetings, he writes the blogs, he is on the forums here, so yeah. He just keeps the team organized and puts them on the right track of the development. Yes, he does contribute to the development process, but I don't think that it is his main job.

What? I'd love to know where you're getting this info from because it's all wrong. Please don't make statements as if they are fact when you're basically just making it up as you go along.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 7

The clothes look fantastic, although I hope the final outcome includes more than simply different colours.

I am absolutely loving how you guys are eliminating the predictability the mod had to offer with loot only spawning at specific locations in specific buildings. Adds a ton to the aspect of scavenging!

Any more information coming straight out of your head that you want to share?

• Like 1

Huh?

Please - you are obviously in the know. So who really did kill JFK?

• Like 6

The clothes look fantastic, although I hope the final outcome includes more than simply different colours.

In the vid Rocket says he has a list of at least 100 different clothing items so far.

Edited by Fraggle

New socks...finally..these old ones are but bits of cotton rotting on my toes.

New socks...finally..

Do you reckon we'll be able to store Rotor Assembly Kits in there?

• Like 2

President Obama currently does not do much actual work, instead Joe Biden and other oval office staff actually do most of the bill signing. This is why some bills that Obama opposed during his campaigns such as the US citizen assassination bill has passed in to law. I base this entirely on my own conclusions and have nothing to back it up whatsoever.

Please don't spread misinformation :P

(also dont start a political debate in here, this is just an example)

• Like 5