Sign in to follow this  
private_joker

DayZ weapons analysis 1.7.5

Unsilenced guns ---> Too much noise, attract horde ---> Death

Silenced guns ---> Ammo nonexistent, encounter zombies unprepared ---> Death

Melee weapons ---> NO control over zombie hit evasion ---> Death

Crossbow ----> Arrows rare, impossible to reuse, takes forever to reload ---> Death

I'm sick of the hatchet and crossbow being broken when they are the only realistic option while the zombies' hearing is working. Either one of them needs to be fixed to be more reliable, or hatchet needs to be a secondary weapon so that you can use them both at once.

QQ

-Joker

• Like 5

Well, standalone is coming out soon, and Rocket has been talking about Adding Bows & Arrows! Pretty exiting IMO.

havent played the 1.7.5 yet, but is it really that bad?

havent played the 1.7.5 yet, but is it really that bad?

It's great. The hatchet and crossbow have always been broken, long before this patch. Zombie hearing works great, it's a job well done. It's just impossible to use guns now in any circumstances other than taking on a horde, which is fine, except for how it leaves you with no more options if you're trying to sneak around and go about less violent business.

-Joker

so now its shoot once = meet all the zombies?

man i feel like i should better just go and play lawl but no time... :(

Edited by h3retic

I think the spawns have also changed. I was trying to run around at the NW airfield refueling a freshly spawned heli. My marakov kept attracting zombies from 1km away or when I turned the corner to the hanger the zombies were spawning at the other end of the airport. I dunno.

so now its shoot once = meet all the zombies?

Yes. The revolver is pretty loud as pistols go but it's still a pistol. I shot it once and zombies came at me from behind buildings 200m away.

-Joker

I played it a little bit so far today and it was a total horde in elektro. And i was shooting my makorav. Either way you can still get away just gotta be smart.

You're exaggerating too much. This particular tweak to the hearing capability of the zombies actually gives it a little bit more difficulty, and maybe even realism. Leaving us the knowledge that shooting should only be used when necessary, or as a last resort. So if you ever had to resort to shooting, do it.. if you get a horde attracted to the sound of your gunshot, RUN since you will have a better chance to live than heading to the forums to moan about your particular issue.

Edited by WolfOneSix

Not enjoying the game due to a bullshit pure annoyance patch is not his "particular issue" it's a huge issue and one that pushes the game into the realm of catering to a vocal minority.

You're exaggerating too much. This particular tweak to the hearing capability of the zombies actually gives it a little bit more difficulty, and maybe even realism. Leaving us the knowledge that shooting should only be used when necessary, or as a last resort. So if you ever had to resort to shooting, do it.. if you get a horde attracted to the sound of your gunshot, RUN since you will have a better chance to live than heading to the forums to moan about your particular issue.

Term "realism" should not be used when relating to zombie apocalypse. It's just a game taking place in fictional country and situation which main purpose is to provide fun not to simulate the real world.

• Like 1

Even though yes realism should be a concern however it needs to be balanced to be "playable". There should be a way for me to eliminate the zombies that were in my way or lose them off my tail. I could use a high power military rifle and clear a large area because it was loud or use a low power civilian pistol to clear the zombies right around me. No reason the mararkov should agro zombies almost past the draw distance.