Sign in to follow this  
Ravenfoul

BMRF: Chernarus / Namalsk / Active Admins / Automatic Whitelist

Reintroduction

Hello! We are BMRF: Billy Mays Remembrance Foundation. We are a US based private hive running from Chicago. We've been around a long time and would love to be around longer if people still want us! You can visit our website HERE

We're currently updated to the latest DayZ patch on our Chernarus servers 1, 2 and 3. We have a Namalsk server (again) but it is currently experiencing some issues as of this post.

Our primary focus is hosting DayZ, but we also serve some flavors of Arma as well. Minecraft is our much unappreciated baby.

Our new top of the line server (which will be in effect sometime shortly after the 8th) specs are:

Two Intel Xeon E5-2690 processors (sixteen physical 2.9ghz cores on QPI + hyperthreading + turbo->3.8ghz) -- yep, 32 CPU cores if you count hyperthreading!

96 GB registered DDR3 ECC memory

Dual 180GB Intel SSD's

2TB Storage/Backup Drive

40000 GB of InterNAP bandwidth (20 gigabit connection speed)

As you can imagine we'll be needing more people to even hope to fill some of this new server. So bring friends!

BMRF Servers

BMRF 1: Chernarus: Veteran, 3rd person enabled, 24/7 daylight, no crosshairs, whitelisted. 74.91.119.164:2302

BMRF 2: Chernarus: Expert, 3rd person disabled, day/night cycle, no crosshairs, whitelisted. 74.91.119.164:2303

BMRF 3: Chernarus: Veteran, 3rd person enabled, day/night cycle, no crosshairs, whitelisted. 74.91.119.164:2340

BMRF 4: Warfare: Not whitelisted. More information on what we'll be updating to HERE 74.91.119.164:2314

BMRF 5: Namalsk: Veteran, 3rd person enabled, day/night cycle, no crosshairs, whitelisted. 74.91.119.164:2402

BMRF 6: Wasteland: Whitelisted. 3rd person enabled, 24/7, no skybases, more information HERE 74.91.119.164:2403

We expect to add at least two to three more severs in the coming week or two, specifically another Chernarus similar to BMRF 1.

Points of Interest

• 10 minute wait before switching between DayZ servers to reduce Ghosting.
  • Sign up at BMRF.ME - confirm your email, and you will be almost automatically whitelisted within an hour. You need to do naught else.
  • DayZ servers restart every 3 hours - we are expimenting what brings best performance.
  • Additional buildings peppered throughout the map to encourage more activity in deadzones.
  • Optional STmovement / JSRS sound mods.
  • Active administration/moderation. If you ever need any help, please contact me in our IRC at quakenet / #bmrf.
  • Absolutely character restoration for confirmed cases of being wronged by a hacker and or exploiter.
  • Anti-hacks / sophisticated logging of information to reduce serious cases of hacking to next to nothing. ESP remains a hard to confirm problem. Mass killing via script hasn't happened in ages.
  • Shared community banlist. Active participation with other server administrators in improving everyone's experience.
  • Large, large community of DayZ/ArmA players. 11K registered users.
  • Helicopter Crash loot unmodified (but may change in the future).
  • 90 vehicles.
  • Attempted 'Balanced' Donation packages for DayZ / Wasteland.
  • Generally 240 average number of players on across all BMRF servers during 'prime time'
  • Filter against 'dumb' and or racist words / phrases.
  • We punish confirmed cases of Combat Logging. But that's a tricky / complicated issue of the game, in my opinion.
  • Ocasionally we host Events, such as the Cherno Journo kidnapping event and the new BMRF Destruction Derby.
  • It's BMRF, gentlemen. The gods will not save you.
  • Our IRC is #bmrf on QuakeNet. You can always ask questions before joining and expedite your whitelisting process if an admin is around. It's a pretty active channel as well, with around 60 users.

Afterword

Thanks for reading guys, there's a lot of solid private hives out there so make sure to give other people a fair chance too. We'd love to whitelist you for our servers, and hope you enjoy what is collectively provided.

If I made a mistake, please do not smite me oh moderators/administrators.

Edited by Ravenfoul
  • Like 3

I joined this community way back when it first formed sometime in August last year (I think?). Me and my buddies were looking for a good server to play, away from the public server crappery, so we ventured onto BMRF #1 (the only BMRF server back then!) and turned it into our home.

It's got a great community, an amazing and dedicated administration and moderation team and great custom setups.

I recommend you give it a try!

• Like 2

We were one of the first servers to update to 1.7.5.1 today and it brought us a lot of players, I hope you all have a great time here and remember you can come straight into IRC with any issues. We're pretty much always available.

For those of you who don't know about the channel, it's #bmrf on QuakeNet. You can always ask questions before joining and expedite your whitelisting process if an admin is around. It's a pretty active channel as well, with around 60 users.

Edited by Peep
  • Like 1

Great servers. BMRF has some nice hardware. I never experience any performance issues myself. Regular restarts. And they offer a variety of mods and missions for DayZ and ARMA 2.

Great community. Sure, not everyone will always agree. But there's a lot of good players here. Plenty of regulars you'll get to know, in-game and on the forums. The BMRF community make for a pretty good gaming atmosphere and a lot of fun.

Great admins and moderators. I've found the admins at BMRF to be fair and hard working. They do their best to keep cheaters and exploiters off the servers, keep the side chat clean, and listen to the community. They take polls and feedback into consideration, and try to provide enjoyable servers for everyone. They offer donor perks for those willing to help with server costs, but keep the perks fair. They support some server mods such as JSRS and ACE sound mods, and stmovement. They provide custom buildings, vehicles, and loot tables, but do so in a way that makes sense, and without dumbing the game down and/or making it easy. And they provide support in-game, through IRC, and through the forums.

So if you're a DayZ, Wasteland, or Warfare player, you play without cheats, and you're looking for servers full of like-minded players and admins that make up a rewarding gaming atmosphere, I suggest you give BMRF a try.

• Like 1

I joined this server about 3 months ago and have exclusively played on them ever since.

Highly recommend to any DayZ player, whether you want to play on a server that has a day and night cycle, 24/7 day, or even 1st person only; BMRF has it. Not only that but, there is almost always plenty of people on, for those who like having medium to high population even during the night time :)

Also, Really great community and staff.

• Like 1

I've been playing this server for a little while now (a few weeks). The whitelist, coupled with the active admins who use a variety of ways to communicate with players, makes the server very enjoyable. The amount of chatter in sidechat is extremely small because of the quick response by the admins, which is actually surprising.

It's actually very nice to find that the servers prevent ghosting, and are also very diverse (ranging from #1 being easiest and #3 being "hardest"). The extra buildings and vehicles also make the game a bit more enjoyable (a firehouse and store in Kamenka, an extra barracks at NEAF, about 150 vehicles or so).

I would definitely recommend this server to anyone.

I've been playing at BRMF since December and have stopped playing other servers because this team is so well organized which makes their servers much easier to play on. (Think visiting a Disney theme park and then going back to a Six Flags. Sure its still fun, but the night/day difference is obvious.)

I highly recommend anyone who hasnt tried them out to head over, get whitelisted, and try BRMF out!

Been playing ob Bmrf.me since october of last year. I have not seen any other server hives that put as much time into somethingas the admins there. Lots of help from the community also like player sugestions. I think thats how we got the kamenka firestationa nd store so its not a useless spawn any more. I like it. Side chat is nice and clean and the problem we get from a hacker normally gets sorted out with an almost imediate character roll back. That and with the 3 main servers there is something for everyone.

Also the 3 main servers are shared. so the character persists through all 3 servers. cars and tents stay on the server but gear you have on you moves. So say server 1 is full you and your friends can still go play on server 2 or 3 with out problems. makes it AWESOME.

Not to jump on the praise-fest, but I'll be jumping on the praise-fest.

I recently started DayZ again and went through a number of private servers. BMRF was practically my last hope and luckily it paid off.

It's been a month or so since I've joined and they definitely have a well equipped staff that enforces their rules strictly and fairly. I've seen these guys work with the community quite a number of occasions and have yet to see an unjustified ban (and even if it was some were repealed after some sincere words from the guilty party). Their IRC channel is a great one-stop source of support I haven't seen anywhere else and it works rather well in delivering what players may need in a fair amount of time.

Oh, and I myself primarily play on their Server #2 since I like how the forced first person camera completely changes the gameplay and has single-handedly renewed my interest in the Chernaraus map again. Not to mention there is a good community base there, if not quite a bit on the pvp side.

Also, I'd like to note all BMRF servers currently do not have waypoints of any sort. I'm sure a lot of people will like to know that.

And lastly.....HI RAVENFOUL.

Edited by Deetwo

Good, good stuff here. One of the finest private hives currently. Very good support from the admins. My friends and I frequent these servers. You should too.

I've been a member of BMRF for a while now and i can say without a doubt the following;

I've NEVER been happier with a private hive community, i convinced my entire squad this was the place for us and none of us had a single word of complaint since.

Script kiddie / hacker attempts are almost nil, they do happen but when they do admins are just moments away from taking care of it and ensuring damage control is enforced quickly. (In fact the 1 time I've been affected they had the guy banned and rollbacks in under 10 minutes, that's impressive)

Balance and player satisfaction are among the core values of the BMRF team.

The admins, moderators and other staff are well rounded and each brings a special skill to the table.

You will NOT be disappointed if you join unless you are a hacker, script kiddie, or other wise jack as_ because "they gunna fiiiindd you".

• Like 1

The best DayZ servers I've found.

Great admin who take care of business quickly and efficiently.

Also one of the few that offers an expert 1st person only experience.

I play on the BMRF #2 server, and have been for roughly a month. In that time I have yet to run into a hacker. The server is always very populated. I'd don't think I've ever played with less than 10-15 players even late into the night. Usually the server averages about 30-40 people on at any one time. On top of that, there is literally always an admin or mod on to help you out if someone is spamming voice in side chat or the like. They are extremely responsive, especially if you're logged into their IRC server. You'll get a response and action within 30 seconds. Great server, I'd recommend it.

Edited by Kurian

I don't really need to say anything, seeing as everyone has already praised the server sky-high. Best DayZ server I have ever played on. Helpful admins, stable servers and a good collection of added items. Been playing for nearly half a year now, and it's still great in my opinino. Everyone should have the decency to check it out.