middors

Requesting authentication 1,7,5,1 version

Hi guys, I'm fairly new to the mod having played for a few days. I've installed Arma throough Steam and then installed the Mod through Dayzcommander. Having just got home I've updated the mod to 1.7.5.1 through Dayzcommander and also updated Arma 2 through Dayzcommander to 101480.

Whenever I join a server now it seems to load, I get to the lobby and click connect. Halfway through loading the screen changes from Dayz to show a load of tanks (i'm assuming from Arma2 loading screens) and then it counts in the bottom right corner and then says "oops, something's gone wrong and disconnects.

I can't seem to get it working. Is this because I patched the game through Dayzcommander instead of waiting for steam to update ? Is there any way to fix it ?

cheers.

• Like 1

Are you filtering for 1.7.5 servers?

I haven't installed the update but I don't see that arma splash screen unless I launch Arma by itself, without the mod. Are you certain you're joining with DayZ enabled?

Edited by SausageKingofChicago

yeah just did the update from 1.7.4.4 to 1.7.5.1 now its not working for me where it did before

someone help meeeeeeeeeeee

Hi guys, I'm fairly new to the mod having played for a few days. I've installed Arma throough Steam and then installed the Mod through Dayzcommander. Having just got home I've updated the mod to 1.7.5.1 through Dayzcommander and also updated Arma 2 through Dayzcommander to 101480.

Whenever I join a server now it seems to load, I get to the lobby and click connect. Halfway through loading the screen changes from Dayz to show a load of tanks (i'm assuming from Arma2 loading screens) and then it counts in the bottom right corner and then says "oops, something's gone wrong and disconnects.

I can't seem to get it working. Is this because I patched the game through Dayzcommander instead of waiting for steam to update ? Is there any way to fix it ?

cheers.

I get this too. I have tried:

Reinstall DayZ

Reinstall latest Arma patch

installing patch before dayz and vice versa

A bunch of different servers - both official and unofficial (all says DayZ 1.7.5.1/build 101480)

I was playing DayZ yesterday on 1.7.4.4 without any problems.

Edit: This seems to be a problem in the DayZ update, not the Arma update, as I can easily join other DayZ mod servers (Celle, Lingor, Takistan etc)

Edited by realWasabi

Yep I've filtered out all the wrong versions. I can click Respawning and see I died. I can hear the beach in the background.

I've downgraded the arma patch. Still doesn't work. Tried without steam running too.

It happens on every server but I was playing perfectly last night. Something is broken in this patch.

lots of pll with this problem i head that if ya was playing on a sever you like you may have too wait till thay update the sever

The servers I'm connecting to are all updated according to dayz commander in the version info.

I get this too. I have tried:

A bunch of different servers - both official and unofficial (all says DayZ 1.7.5.1/build 101480)

I was playing DayZ yesterday on 1.7.4.4 without any problems.

Having exactly same issue as OP describes where till last night everything worked just fine.

Getting tired of all beta patches and new fixes just to find out I can't play again if I am honest

ok this is weird. I actually left it on the "oops something went wrong" screen for about 15 minutes, then it randomly spawned me in game.

Same issue here as OP :( I've tried the obligatory reinstalls including completely removing the Expansions\beta and @DayZ folders (and Keys\dayz.bikey). I've tried reinstalling through Steam and I also downloaded the files for a manual install -- no dice. I tried emptying the cache files in AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\MPMissionsCache and various other bullshit that didn't work. I've triple-checked that I'm running fresh installs of beta patch 101480 and mod 1.7.5.1.

It happens like this: I enter the server lobby as usual and hit OK, the DayZ loading screen appears, then after 100% it goes to an ArmA screen (a picture of some tanks and a hangar) and says "Requesting Authentication", this screen times out after 40 seconds then it says "Something went wrong, please try again!" and also "Loading character data" but nothing happens.

• Like 3

And me I get to loading character data screen, after i also get tanks screen, and just sits there doing nothing...

Loading Character Data. Please wait.

I wait.

Still waiting.

Then I wait some more.

Waiting like a pro.

Playing other games while waiting.

Sick of waiting and went to bed.

The servers I'm connecting to are all updated according to dayz commander in the version info.

Yup same here, not been able to play after 2/3hrs of trying :(

Also I'm getting the "U are running 1.7.5.1 and the server is 1.7.4.4 yadda yadda" EVEN though its showing correct version in (dayz commander) & also tried via the main game server list and filtered for correct version and still the same error >:( Gave up in the end, gonna try again tomorrow after work..

Same issue here as OP :( I've tried the obligatory reinstalls including completely removing the Expansions\beta and @DayZ folders (and Keys\dayz.bikey). I've tried reinstalling through Steam and I also downloaded the files for a manual install -- no dice. I tried emptying the cache files in AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\MPMissionsCache and various other bullshit that didn't work. I've triple-checked that I'm running fresh installs of beta patch 101480 and mod 1.7.5.1.

It happens like this: I enter the server lobby as usual and hit OK, the DayZ loading screen appears, then after 100% it goes to an ArmA screen (a picture of some tanks and a hangar) and says "Requesting Authentication", this screen times out after 40 seconds then it says "Something went wrong, please try again!" and also "Loading character data" but nothing happens.

Same exact problem as described above.

Any word on a fix yet?

I too am having the same problem.

For those of you who want just to play, it is possible to role back the version to 1.7.4.4 using commmander, although only a very few servers all you to connect due to 'Bad Version' - but it does work on some. This will do me until we hear more about a fix for this issue.

Hey guys, i am new too and just yesterday installed dayz and the latest version and spent the next 3-4 hours tweaking to just try to get to play....to no avail. I then installed the last update prior to the the new patch and now works so going with that until the new patch is fixed......the game is rock hard,havnt even found a weapon yet!

• Like 1

dammit, different day same issues - Sat here looking at loading bar @ tank load screen <_< End task and try again I guess grr, this mod should be patched as Arma 2 is, that way most problems can be spotted sooner rather than later..

Which reminds me, are we meant to be seeing NEW loading screens as listed in notes ? if so I've not seen one new loading screen yet since updating :(

Would be nice to add a quit button IF stuck in limbo like this :(

Edited by WilkoZ

mine did that but now wont let me do any think

i have tried every think pos spent at least 16hrs trying to sort out nothin any ideas pls i use six what a fuckup update

someboady help me before i throw the computer out the window then drive over it then jump up and down on it then spit at it some pls helpme

manys thanks