mattlightfoot

DayZ Mod 1.7.5.1 Update

Hahahaha all the people crying about lost gear, balanced backpacks and dangerous Zombies. I collect your delicious tears in a glass, I raise it, incline in your direct and enjoy the salty brew. First thing I'm looking for is an Enfield and City.

Thanks to those that worked on this game changing patch! Brought me back into the fold. Xo.

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 2

Enlighten me as to how that is a fix for the stated problem.

Except the patch notes say nothing of adjusting the drop rate for bags. So instead of simply reducing the rate of ALICE spawns, they cut how much stuff it holds with no regards for the consequences of players with them, and took the just as common pack and made it hold more. Makes PERFECT sense.

Well according to the official github (https://github.com/R.../wiki/Backpacks), they have dedicated weapon slots. So either the entire thing doesn't work, or the community devs can't convey simple numbers.

I am going to stick to Lingor/Namalask while I wait for stand alone. They really fucked this one up bad.

Obviously it's not a fix for your 2nd best backpack becoming the 3rd best. That's just a reality of playing a game in development.

It's not even like they made the best backpack not the best anymore. Sorry to be blunt, but if you are upset over an Alice pack losing a bit of stat, you need to play more dayz. Go find a Coyote pack, try the update for yourself, die, respawn, die to hackers, realize your gear is just the result of your journey, not the purpose of it.

• Like 2

Right, but then the other cars should be 55-65 L?

No matter what the numbers are, the humvee should have more fuel capacity than a pickup.

They should correspond to the real world equivalent. It's not what it should be, it's not whats balanced, it's not what makes sense for the game, it is what it fucking is because that's what it fucking should be in a simulator.

Edited by sp86

Obviously it's not a fix for your 2nd best backpack becoming the 3rd best. That's just a reality of playing a game in development.

It's not even like they made the best backpack not the best anymore. Sorry to be blunt, but if you are upset over an Alice pack losing a bit of stat, you need to play more dayz. Go find a Coyote pack, try the update for yourself, die, respawn, die to hackers, realize your gear is just the result of your journey, not the purpose of it.

I already stated that losing four items isn't that big of a deal. Way to have your retard meter turned up to eleven! It's the fact that they changed it with no regard to the player base. If they had a big bold topic on all forums saying "ALICE PACK HAVING CAPACITY REDUCED IN XX DAYS" I wouldn't be here right now arguing this.

Sorry I am the only one in this topic not gargling the balls of the developers and can actually formulate my own opinion.

Not to mention you continued your trend of not actually refuting any points or offering counter points. But go ahead and keep letting the dribble flow out your fingers.

Edited by night_chrono

They should correspond to the real world equivalent. It's not what it should be, it's not whats balanced, it's not what makes sense for the game, it is what it fucking is because that's what it fucking should be in a simulator.

It should make sense. But I wouldn't get concerned with the numbers.200L is an insane amount of real life fuel for any car to hold. As is trying to pin down just how many slots = 500lbs of cargo.

I already stated that losing four items isn't that big of a deal. Way to have your retard meter turned up to eleven! It's the fact that they changed it with no regard to the player base. If they had a big bold topic on all forums saying "ALICE PACK HAVING CAPACITY REDUCED IN XX DAYS" I wouldn't be here right now arguing this.

Sorry I am the only one in this topic not gargling the balls of the developers and can actually formulate my own opinion.

Ha, okay. I guess you're reading my posts differently than I meant. The post you quoted had nothing to do with losing those 4 items. It had to do with the balance of the backpacks meaning jack fucking shit in terms of dayz gameplay.

But, sure, demand the developers run EVERYTHING past you(the community) and insult them and people who share their vision for dayz, that'll achieve way more than discussing your points maturely and constructively. Why should the alice pack be larger when the other one is physically larger? Why should the most common pack in the game be the second best? Why do I bother responding when you're just going to rage more and call me names again?

Edited by bad_mojo

Well yeah it is a bit of a pain to lose four slots I'm presuming your backpack was full and you lost a few items?

They did release the changelog before the patch. Maybe you should of read that before you updated your game?

I had a similar issue. I had an L85, any they have been removed from the game now. So when I logged in I had no weapon. To make things worse I got slapped by a zombie the night before last and broke a bone. So I had to crawl around avoiding Zeds until a mate brought me morphine.

But I had a lot if fun on the game after that. So I'm not making a big deal out of it

• Like 1

Speaking of packs, I'm still confused on the new storing system. For example the coyote is 24 item slots and 6 weapon slots right?

I tried filling my coyote with 6 weapons last night but it could only fit in two.

Am I misunderstanding the new storage system?

Ha, okay. I guess you're reading my posts differently than I meant. The post you quoted had nothing to do with losing those 4 items. It had to do with the balance of the backpacks meaning jack fucking shit in terms of dayz gameplay.

Then try saying what you mean.

But, sure, demand the developers run EVERYTHING past you(the community) and insult them and people who share their vision for dayz, that'll achieve way more than discussing your points maturely and constructively.

I already tried the discussing in a calm manner. You didn't read what I wrote so I insulted you. Try passing first grade level reading comprehension before you try to write a reply.

Why should the alice pack be larger when the other one is physically larger?

Ever hear the saying "size isn't everything"? While the Czech backpack certainly is taller, it very well might not have more volume (not to mention packs like that tend to have extensive frames that make them look bigger). The ALICE has a number of visible compartments, and just plain looks easier to organize/manage.

Why should the most common pack in the game be the second best?

I already addressed this by saying lower the spawn rate for ALICE.

Why do I bother responding when you're just going to rage more and call me names again?

Because your parents never loved you and you crave the attention. Also, have yet to rage. Emphasis does not equal rage.

You can go ahead and tell the devs that they made a dumb decision. I assure you none of them are going to kill themselves over it.

Speaking of packs, I'm still confused on the new storing system. For example the coyote is 24 item slots and 6 weapon slots right?

I tried filling my coyote with 6 weapons last night but it could only fit in two.

Am I misunderstanding the new storage system?

Either it's bugged or the devs can't convey the features properly. Either way we are awaiting a comment on it.

• Like 1

Chill out peeps and stay on topic. Don't start dominating this thread with a personal argument please.

I hate half of the new weapon mags now cause of the wrong models.

leenfield rounds have a svd dragunov mag model

slug shotgun rounds use a 9mm pistol mag model

the cz500 use a leenfield clip model

did something go wrong with the models or something?

The combat roll!!! It's so cool! Haha, well done, Devs.

This only improves the game one step more.

By the way I would like to suggest that choppers should spawn less. I think that the server could randomly spawn one of the available helis at start, and then spawn another one, after some days, and then maybe another one. Then, once one of the helis is destroyed the server should have to wait some more days to spawn another one(Always randomly chosen from the four already available types of helicopter ingame)

Anyway I think there should be more possibilities to hide vehicles... So I suppose the increasing amount of choppers is done to somehow palliate this until the standalone comes.

Ever hear the saying "size isn't everything"? While the Czech backpack certainly is taller, it very well might not have more volume (not to mention packs like that tend to have extensive frames that make them look bigger). The ALICE has a number of visible compartments, and just plain looks easier to organize/manage.

I did some digging and found the Czech pack is roughly 65L which is 3966 cubic inches and the large Alice pack is listed as 3800 cubic inches.

http://bushcraftusa....e-Pack-Capacity

http://dayzmod.com/f...-the-backpacks/

Not exactly solid evidence from reliable sources, but it does support my(and many others) opinion(s) that the Czech pack is larger.

Edited by bad_mojo

(...)

Not exactly solid evidence from reliable sources, but it does support my(and many others) opinion(s) that the Czech pack is larger.

Also think the Czech backpack is larger, and cooler btw.

The new patch is great, but still too easy.

M4ccoSD, m14, m9SD, NVG and GPS in one day without dying once...

I was playing on a server with additional buildings tough, might have influenced that.

Also, you can still dupe tents and double-gut animals if the server is laggy enough, which is a bad thing because I don't want to use it, but find myself doublclicking never the less...

The mod is dead for me now, appreciate the effort the community devs have made to keep it going. But for me it's getting far beyond realism and what i believe was the essence of the game. To many new weapons added, backpacks slots are a mess. To many new vehicles / choppers unbanned. Zombie spawns are awful now, especially in military areas. Sometimes only see 4 zombies.

And the new combat roll should not of been released in it's current state, people are now putting cars in front of buildings and when the roll into the vehicle it magically floats them onto the building. Sorry but it's a mess!

• Like 1

I hate half of the new weapon mags now cause of the wrong models.

leenfield rounds have a svd dragunov mag model

slug shotgun rounds use a 9mm pistol mag model

the cz500 use a leenfield clip model

did something go wrong with the models or something?

Its acutally closer to what they would look like IRL and or doesn't break reality. Its not a bug, a lot of magazine models have changed. Most civilian hunting rifles have internal magazines therefore the CZ bullets not in a mag but some 550 models do have a detachable. The Enfield has 10 round magazines it can use 5 round stripper clips but when it comes in one bunch of 10 rounds in previous patches that's a magazine, now the model reflects that.

Just spent 1 hour with the patch. It's amazing! Zombies/zombie trains are back in a big way. Loot is tweaked and more sparse, especilly ammo. 2 Shotguns 3 Enfields i came accross had no mags with them.

I also saw a new backpack, i think it was the czech bag, it was awsome looking, checking my bandicam b/c im sure its a different model.

Edited by Trizzo

What i dont like is the Zed Infection Chance/New Infection and the Antibiotic spawn. The ratio and new spawns don't add up.

Make Zed Infection it 1/50 or 1/100...if you dont like that 1/250 not 1/500. One crazy hobo mutha biting and scratching would be enough to give up an infection. Let alone decomposing human eating infected/zombie whatever people. I found three antibiotics in the first hospital i went into. There is no sense in ramping up infection and going over board with ramping up antibiotic spawns. I found more antibiotics in 10 mins with this patch than all of my months of playing before this.

Edited by Trizzo

Finally I can play, servers updated.

* [NEW] - After you have eatern a canned product you now get an empty tincan back.

I think, we have enought problems with inventory system and in real life nobody need or/and puting empty cans in to his gears after eating beans.

AS50 is back. Why not? Good weapon vs. bandits in cars, helis. However, I have nightly setup always, with DMR.

I not tried pistols yet, because I'm with M4SD, but if pistols can attract zeds in the cities, thats low imo ;P