infamousmax

DayZFM Radio Broadcast (We Are Live! Tune In)

Would You Listen?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Listen To The Radio?

• Yes
    • No

Hello Everybody,

Enjoy,

- Live Music 24/7

- DJ Blocks (Different Genre, TimeZones Etc)

- Live Events (Have many ideas for these)

- Interviews (With DayZ staff if possible, community leaders and podcasts for dayz discussions etc)

- Much More as it grows

Thank you for taking the time to read this,

- inFamousMax

Edited by infamousmax
  • Like 3

I love this idea. The idea of a radio station for DayZ to give funny Dj´s, music that fits the game. Stories, events and interviews. I would definently listen to it.

(I would help out by doing some DJ work, but i doubt i have the skill, not to mention enough time in the day to do that.)

I love this idea. The idea of a radio station for DayZ to give funny Dj´s, music that fits the game. Stories, events and interviews. I would definently listen to it.

(I would help out by doing some DJ work, but i doubt i have the skill, not to mention enough time in the day to do that.)

Yeah, Internet stations are a great little way of having some fun. As I mentioned I did minecraft's radio and it was quite unique and a great experience. DayZ could really benefit from something like this. Thank you for your feedback, DJ is easy to figure out I appreciate your offer.

wouldn't it be cool if some servers allowed you to turn on the radios of cars in game and listen? I think that would be so cool.

• Like 2

wouldn't it be cool if some servers allowed you to turn on the radios of cars in game and listen? I think that would be so cool.

Haha yeah, Maybe a mod in standalone would do it ;). FYI for anybody wondering how they would tune into the radio, on the website will be a flash player that can be loaded directly on the website or in a new browser. You will also be able to download itunes, WMP and winamp links to play on your preferred media player.

Thanks

The idea is great, but I feel it wouldn't work so well. We all have completely different music tastes, and there is only a very very small amount of info you can talk about each day.

The interviews and information about the game would be relatively interesting, but I'm not going to listen to 2 hours of music I dislike in order to hear what day Dean is updating the dev blog.

Sounds harsh, but it's the reality really. I'll stick to my pandora radio.

The idea is great, but I feel it wouldn't work so well. We all have completely different music tastes, and there is only a very very small amount of info you can talk about each day.

The interviews and information about the game would be relatively interesting, but I'm not going to listen to 2 hours of music I dislike in order to hear what day Dean is updating the dev blog.

Sounds harsh, but it's the reality really. I'll stick to my pandora radio.

Very interesting thank you.

However the radio will have segments of music genre i'm sure something will grab you eye. And Trust me the interviews will not be remedial like that otherwise there will be no interview.

Different DJ's have different music collections so their chances are you will listen more than you think if you give it a chance.

Edited by infamousmax

there was a guy that did this, he role played and broadcasted from the same church, could even ask for shoutouts and songs!

• Like 1

there was a guy that did this, he role played and broadcasted from the same church, could even ask for shoutouts and songs!

Yes there would be a request a song feature and shoutout etc. Which could even be used for help on random servers or w.e, use your imagination and a radio station could help and provide great times.

Make it part of the game. If you take over a radio shack (no, not the store) next to one of those tall radio towers on the map. And repair the broadcast equipment. And the generator. And gas it up.

Just like that you're a DJ on the air!

Think of it!

A 24/7 all polka station!

A DayZ "Sing-a-long"!

I can play my kazoo!

I know one thing; with the way people talk on side chat, that DJ will be the most popular player on the server.

Good idea but why not all things zombie? It would give you more options for content.

GL

Hello Everybody,

My name is Max, and I'm creating this topic to get the community's response to a potential website I have in mind.

I have tried looking and searching around the internet and have not found any live DayZ radio stations.

I have experience in internet radio stations, I set up minecraftradio when it was in alpha and it was pretty successful but with university demands I had to stop for a while and never picked it back up.

My Idea is simple, I create a DayZ radio station, these are the potential benefits I see.

- Live Music 24/7

- DJ Blocks (Different Genre, TimeZones Etc)

- Live Events (Have many ideas for these)

- Interviews (With DayZ staff if possible, community leaders and podcasts for dayz discussions etc)

- Much More as it grows

The reason why I'm trying to get some feedback is because I've seen hints of a past radio for dayz but it seems like it was a in-game thing and not internet. However If there was then why did it fail?

Most radio stations fail because they are setup by inexperienced people who do not realize what they are getting into.

So, Please can you give me your feedback below, Radio stations are not cheap, so before I start I would like opinions from you the players on the following things.

Would You listen to the radio? While you play? and maybe even when you are not?

Do you think a Radio Station would work?

Have you any ideas?

Are you interested in being a DJ?

And anything else you would like to say.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I look forward to the responses.

- inFamousMax

I am actually working on a smilar idea :) but it will encompas all I do, not just DayZ in particular.

Make it part of the game. If you take over a radio shack (no, not the store) next to one of those tall radio towers on the map. And repair the broadcast equipment. And the generator. And gas it up.

Just like that you're a DJ on the air!

Think of it!

A 24/7 all polka station!

A DayZ "Sing-a-long"!

I can play my kazoo!

I know one thing; with the way people talk on side chat, that DJ will be the most popular player on the server.

Good idea but why not all things zombie? It would give you more options for content.

GL

Sorry but your post completely confused me :P. The radio will not be a in-game trait it is a internet radio station you load up via the website not in-game. And why not all things zombie? Huh?

Just kidding around. But in game radio would be cool.

Good luck with the idea. Sounds good.

Music will be a sticking point. What kind, how much and who chooses?

Some ideas:

All horror movie sound track show.

Classical music with a horror theme.- "Night on Bald Mt." "Danse Macabre"

Dead Teen-ager songs.- "Leader of the Pack" "Dead Mans Curve"

Death Metal.

Goth music.

The MUZAK version of anything.- Been known to cause suicides.

Don't most people turn the in game music off so they can hear their surroundings. Listen out for footsteps of other players and zombies.

I know I wouldn't listen to the radio for this reason, im sure many would feel the same way.

But then again it might just be me!!!

Don't most people turn the in game music off so they can hear their surroundings. Listen out for footsteps of other players and zombies.

I know I wouldn't listen to the radio for this reason, im sure many would feel the same way.

But then again it might just be me!!!

Yes this is my biggest concern, since it can benefit you to have your in-game sound high so you can hear footsteps and zombies.

However, I do not normally do this since it get's boring fast (due to the hugeness of maps and limited player size) so I end up playing DayZ and watching netflix at same time.

The radio station isn't in-game guys.. It's just like a shout-cast radio, all web browser. But go for it :D

The radio station isn't in-game guys.. It's just like a shout-cast radio, all web browser. But go for it :D

Yes this is correct, you will not be able to get into a vehicle and change the radio to this. You simply load it up via the browser and then you can do what you want. Play DayZ and listen, just listen play mario and listen. Freedom is yours :).

Heck yes! running simulator won't be boring anymore! Just give a hotkey to turn it off in combat situations.

Haha, Plenty of cool music to make hours of endless running better that's for sure :D.

I remember listening to that guy. It was cool.

• Like 1

Just to give you all a nice update.

I've decided to go ahead with this, as it's got a great response I understand that most of the time people will not bother with hypothetical situations. Before minecraft radio people couldn't believe it would work, it actually got a much much worse response, however hard work and dedication made it very very successful and plan to do the same with DayZ and with the support the community has already given i'm sure it's going to be great!

The Website is currently under construction and should be ready by the end of the day. I've already done most of the work, I've purchased the radio station server and currently making it talk to the website for the flash player and statistics.

I will update with the website as the time grows closer.

Once again, Thank you to all those who gave their support.

- Max

Testing the new radio setup, and jesus things have changed :D. For the better, it's soooooooooo much easier now. I look forward to getting some applications.

So here is a little head start for all you potential DJ's.

You will need a good collection of artists.

Broadcast software like winamp, virtual DJ, winamp

Have a show idea, genre etc and record yourself playing a couple songs and speaking.

You will then upload this recording to youtube (can be private listed if you want)

Make an application and submit your video. I will review it and it will be your trial.

Thanks!

- Max

Ok I need some Testers :).

I've decided to aim for a release of tomorrow night (6th) at 6PM GMT.

But right now I need to test the stability of the server. If anybody would like to help simply load one of the following links and listen to the music :).

I will speak every now and again so you can give me feedback of the voice volumes etc.

( ITUNES & WINAMP )

http://fire.wavestreamer.com:3934/listen.pls?sid=1

( WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER )

http://fire.wavestreamer.com:3934/listen.asx?sid=1

( UNIVERSAL LINK )

http://fire.wavestreamer.com:3934/listen.m3u?sid=1

I will only be broadcasting for a few hours to test. Please give as much feedback as possible. Will be playing random songs no specific genre.

Thank you so much!

- Max