Sign in to follow this  
fwisky

Why BIG YouTubers need the editor feature in the standalone

Why you need the Editor feature in the DayZ standalone

Why YouTubers need it you say? well, if the editor feature was not included in ARMA 2 you wouldn't have Milliam Flygh and Karwin Leutscher's awesome cinematic videos, they wouldn't have existed well, they would have but as in the videos they make now.

Edited by Fwisky

i mean, all of that can be done in the actual game

Not all the animations you can do, putting vehicles in, its a lot more easier, you also get really good noclip cinematic footage, some videos feels really good with the editor

Edited by Fwisky

Having the Editor has already cost us:

-Being referred to as Bambi's by every fan boy

-Accepting Hacking and saying it's okay for entertainment purposes

-Faking and setting up videos and gameplay

Why must you keep doing this to us?

• Like 10

Having the Editor has already cost us:

-Being referred to as Bambi's by every fan boy

-Accepting Hacking and saying it's okay for entertainment purposes

-Faking and setting up videos and gameplay

Why must you keep doing this to us?

Could not have said it better myself. Its not just because of the videos I produce. But its been abused to the point where just for entertainment is taken over by the expense of other players experience of how DayZ should be. The standalone is looking all the more awesome by server control and no script events from the client.

• Like 3

This is true, but the editor can be changed a lot, there could be a way to make the editor without using a script, or if rocket allows it, have a standalone free addon where you can use the editor and then server option would be not accessable unless you disable the addon.

The editor could be included in the future after standalone is released.

Also @#sleepy what do you mean by faking gameplay? People would know if its fake anyways as the tempreture, food and water icons won't be there and zombies don't act the same. (Can't quote as I'm using my phone)

I don't think YouTubers should be a priority when developing a game TBH.

• Like 6

Agreed. You should never design a game around something like that. If people like the game, they will post footage of it, simple as that.

• Like 4

Agreed. You should never design a game around something like that. If people like the game, they will post footage of it, simple as that.

True, but still:) really like to see a cinematic option.

but there is a difference with gameplay footage and cinematic footage.

youtubers with a gameplay channel wont find any problems for making videos. Channels like Fwisky or mine have no possibility to make the same kind of videos we make now.

It shouldnt have the highest priority and Arma3 is on its way:)

Edited by kleutscher

Karwin, do you think there will be survivor skins in arma 3? (Pmc field technician)

Karwin, do you think there will be survivor skins in arma 3? (Pmc field technician)

have no idea. the community want to port over dayz to arma3.

Else we still have a great editor for different kind of theme videos.

Really looking forward to Arma3 and ofcourse Dayz SA :)

True, but still:) really like to see a cinematic option.

but there is a difference with gameplay footage and cinematic footage.

youtubers with a gameplay channel wont find any problems for making videos. Channels like Fwisky or mine have no possibility to make the same kind of videos we make now.

It shouldnt have the highest priority and Arma3 is on its way:)

Well, for me personally, if I ever want to check out a game on Youtube I want to see gameplay footage, as that is what I will be playing and I want to know what I will be experiencing. I don't want to see a Youtuber on an ego-trip doing a "Speilberg" and desparately trying to get get more views to make money, but that's just me I guess.

Edited by Fraggle

Well, for me personally, if I ever want to check out a game on Youtube I want to see gameplay footage, as that is what I will be playing and I want to know what I will be experiencing. I don't want to see a Youtuber on an ego-trip doing a "Speilberg" and desparately trying to get get more views to make money, but that's just me I guess.

My family's company has done work for Speilbergs brother.

OT: I feel that same way, especially game trailers. If it's like Call of Duty I don't get as nothing changes like ever, but a brand new game you want gameplay of.

Well, for me personally, if I ever want to check out a game on Youtube I want to see gameplay footage, as that is what I will be playing and I want to know what I will be experiencing. I don't want to see a Youtuber on an ego-trip doing a "Speilberg", but that's just me I guess.

That i understand for me its not ego tripping.

In daily life i was a 3d/motion designer that lost his job becouse of the crisis. From origin im an Ofp/Arma player that stumbled on this mod. (got a weak for all kind of zombie stuff).

I already knew the possibilities of the editor and had a lot of creativity left, becouse of that i made the Survival of the fittest episode 1.

At that point it was just a creativity burst and people liked it and i had fun making it. Kept me busy.

I never used my youtube and almost never used youtube for watching stuff and didnt know its full use. from that point i grew and grew. got requests for Intros and stuff.

After a while it went from hobby and fun to work feeling. so i kinda stopped doing intro stuff and set my focus back on my own cinematics.

For me its not about earning big bucks. for me its a way to give my creativity a place, ofcourse i make some small pocket money with my videos/hobby but why not.

i really grew in to the possibilities of the arma2 editor and really like working with it. It would be a shame if dayz SA doesnt have this feature (my weakness for zombie stuff) but still Arma 3 is on its way.

So for me its not ego boosting but a way to not sit still unemployed and do something with my creativity. The main drive is i love making videos. if i lose the fun making them i will stop!

I understand if people dont like watching cinematics, but i make them for the people that like to see them.

A lot of people have made a Dayz series and funny comedy videos, and there was not a lot of these comedy sketches of dayz with editor or a storyline with the editor, I'm 15 and I don't need money I just do it because I like making videos, and love making people laugh.

Video making aside I just don't want to see anything injected into the local client for personal use to protect everyone's characters and core game play. No doubt Arma 3 will support this though I don't think anyone will be shut out but its not a priority feature.

I think in the future additions like blogging support could be added. Everyone has a DayZ story to tell and look back on. Friends and I already look back a few months and laugh at the good times.

They can still use the mod to do it, yes it would be nice, perhaps an extra optional feature?

If this gets added it should not be before base building, custom vehicles, implementation of diseases and about a million other features. Once the core has been completed then I see no issue with implementing this editor you want.

I really don't care if the SA has an editor, but it should at least have it for cinematic purposes. More and more games are doing this. Making a cinematic video is a lot more enjoyable than the game itself at times especially for people who love to be creative. People convince themselves that taking this option out will make hackers disappear, it wont. Like i said it does not matter if the SA will have an editor, ARMA3 will be out soon which has better features than the SA will have. Modders are already creating a DayZ mod for ARMA3. Whether it will be called DayZ is something that can be debated.

If this gets added it should not be before base building, custom vehicles, implementation of diseases and about a million other features. Once the core has been completed then I see no issue with implementing this editor you want.

What you mean no simulated usable bog roll with rag doll physics? I wasn't even asking for particle effects on the results. I mean with all these diseases its going to get messy fast.

By that time, there will be a DayZ mod out for ARMA 3