Sign in to follow this  
potapmisha

Kevlars

I want to see kevlar in DayZ. Don't say "it already invented, use search". I saw topics with this suggestion. But I want to invent something new. I want to see 3 types of kevlars - Light, Medium and Heavy. It will be different by properties and rarely. Ok, let's start.

Light kevlar

Like hero's kevlar. Stops pistol bullet, half of zombie damage. With 30% chance stops 5mm bullet (like STANAG, AK or M249) and with 50% chance stops half of it's damage (STANAG makes 1750 damage instead 3500). With 10% chance stops 7mm bullet (AKM or M240) and with 30% chance stops half of damage. Don't stops sniper bullet. Can be found in civilian buildings (0.10%-0.20%), in military tents/fire stations/deer stands/hangars and other (3%-5%) and in barracks (10%).

Medium kevlar

Stops pistol bullet, 75% of zombie damage, with 50% chance stops 5mm, stops half of damage with 70% chance. With 30% chance stops 7mm, stops half damage with 50%. Sniper bullet - with 20%, half damage of it - with 30%. Don't stops AS50/M107. Can be found in tents/fire stations/hangars/deer stands (1%), barracks (5%)

Heavy kevlar

Stops pistol bullet, all zombie damage, 5mm bullet (70%), half 5mm's damage - 100%. Stops 7mm (50%), half damage - 70%. Sniper bullet - stops with 40%, takes half damage - 60%. Don't stops AS50/M107.Can be found in tents/stands and other (0,2%), in barracks (1%)

That's all with protection properties, let's talk about strength. Kevlar can't serve forever. Next table (or something like it:)) will show how each bullet injures each kevlar

Light kevlar: pistol - 1% damage, 5mm - 10% damage, 7mm - 30%, sniper bullet - 50%, AS50/M107 - 100%

Medium kevlar - pistol - 0,5%, 5mm - 5%, 7mm - 15%, sniper - 25%, AS50/M107 - 90-100%

Heavy kevlar - pistol - 0,2%, 5mm - 3%, 7mm - 8%, sniper - 15%, AS50/M107 - 80-100%

Strength of kevlar will influence to it's protection properties. Like not-damaged medium kevlar stops 5mm with 50% chance, 50%-damaged just with 25%. I think you understood what I wanted to say.

Type of kevlar influence player's speed. Light kevlar slows player a little. Medium - some more. Heavy makes player very slow

That's all, thanks for reading. Very sorry for my poor English, I'm just a 8th grade Russian pupil.

Waiting for your comments!

Edited by potapmisha
  • Like 1

Well, usually you can see a lot of fucked up ideas on this forum, but this one is actually pretty nice.

So why not.

• Like 1

[..]

Type of kevlar influence player's speed. Light kevlar slows player a little. Medium - some more. Heavy makes player very slow

[..]

maybe not slow them down, just exhaust the player quicker.

Kevlarvests sound a little OP .. there should be a knockout mechanic. E.g. yo are wearing a vest and ceramic plating (aka heavy Kevlar) and you are hit on the plating the bullet should not penetrate, but it would knock you off you feet, and maybe even out.

• Like 2

Its a nice idea but it has its flaws. If Rocket is going for as realistic as possible, what you describe would kinda defeat that purpose.

Kevlar in itself is just a trademark name for the material used in personal armor and most armor that uses Kevlar is frequently known as Soft Armor.

Soft Armor on its own will stop most small caliber rounds from pistols and some shotgun rounds (such as Birdshot/Buckshot), knives and even soften the blow of blunt impacts reducing damage.Flak Jackets are often synouymous as "Soft Armor" because their designed to resist shrapnel and projectile debris.

However, this armor on its own will not stop rifle rounds at all, what they can have however is act as a carrier of a ballistic plate such as a Ceramic or Steel. These are what are often used in todays body armor to stop most rifle rounds like those fired from the AK (5,45mm) or the M16 (5,56mm). Heavier plates can be added to resist stronger rounds or resist more rounds before a round will penetrate.

Kevlar doesn't protect you from knives nor attacks with blunt weapons.

Stab proof vests are made from kevlar too bro. The difference is in the density of the weave used.

Everything Draco122 said is factual.