Tegla (DayZ)

The community is poo poo

What is it with you people? Everybody just insults everybody.

If someone writes something like : "i searched 3 towns and 5 barns, not a single canned food or pepsi or anything, the hotfix seems to screw up the loot spawns", 90% of the people will reply with either a sarcastic answer, or a failed troll attempt or something like "hurr durr go play cod", "n00b carebear" or something like that

I never complained about anything, still i got bashed many times for shit.

Grow up jesus, it seems like everyone here is like 12-15 years old, just got their pubes or something, hang out on 9gag or something untill their brains rott.

NOTHING bothers me. I am not a carebear, i enjoy pvp (never kill for loot, just for fun and pissing people off), i enjoy the super zombies, even more fun to lure to other people, i enjoy the dark, cityes are like Vegas....

BUT, if i see something that can be fixed or done in a better way, i express myself. Why the fuck not, i mean it IS an alpha right? Every critic helps in some way.

And what really bothers me is the people bashing on new members instead of discussing with them in a rational and non childish way.

I spend almost every coffee break i have on this forum, and the way some people are treated makes me kinda sad.

Thats all, my forecast is that the first reply is going to have 3-5 words, and we all know what does will be ;)

EDIT: this ";)" smiley is retarded, go tell me to play cod where there are no retarded winking smileys please

Go back to playing Cods of war where people are too busy playing their arcade shooters to talk at all.

Happy? :)

Bro, perpare for some heavy bashin' as you just stated some facts, and we all know what happens when someone states facts on this fourm.

*is scared*

Humans will be humans. Perhaps didnt seem so bad back in the day, but now that everyone and their mother is online its impossible to go 5 seconds without some sort of troll. You just need to not let it get under your skin.

Or as rocket would say:

You+shall+deal+with+it.jpg

Remember the majority of decent people wont be trying to force their opinions down everyones neck on messageboards and will just be playing the game quietly or using voicechat. We only see the bad in most cases.

Humans will be humans. Perhaps didnt seem so bad back in the day' date=' but now that everyone and their mother is online its impossible to go 5 seconds without some sort of troll. You just need to not let it get under your skin.

Or as rocket would say:

[img']http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ENqWpkfOEBU/TgoP7q9LoGI/AAAAAAAAGQY/bjnK4oevj7M/s400/You+shall+deal+with+it.jpg

Nah, i don't. The reason i started this is not because i get bashed, but because i see other people get bashed a LOT for their opinions. And that sucks.

We all like this game, get all hyped about the new updates and such, so why can't we work together to make it better is beyond me

Agreed - this forum has so much potential, and is such a great source of infomation, suggestions and rolling fixes and updates.

Unfortunately, it is flooded by either 15 year olds who think they are the nuts, people who think their suggestions are gonna be revolutionary and should be implemented ASAP, or general elitist arseholes.

I hate people.

pardon you , I prefer to be called Excrement

when the leader of the forums posts meme pictures do you really expect the player base to not do the same ?

Yeah there's a really weird group of players on this forum who don't understand the premise of an alpha and insist on using some of the most nerdy bent terms like 'carebear'. I swear ain't it all the CoD headset prepubescent warriors that use terms like that anyway?

I think a lot of it is down to english not being first language, so no offence to that crew.

But a lot of it is down to people being fucking spastics also.

Sadly no game nor mod is safe from idiots and fake trolls.

The worst part is when developers actually fix/modify a game base on some elitist jerk in spite of 99% of the playerbase.

Welcome to the internet, a place where said trolls/haters can hide behind their monitors and not get a punch in the face for acting like an asshole.

I do agree that the community has it's idiots, but there won't be any getting rid of them. Sadly to say they are here to stay, stubbornly transmuting keyboard taps into a nice steaming pile of dung for everyone to admire.

The post itself is ironic in that it embodies exactly what you are complaining of, a loose community. As Ghandi and any other great person of history would hint towards, only contribute towards the positive, and move forward. Instead of posting something that sheds light upon the negatives of the community, its sole focus should be on improvements the community can strive for.

You mentioned that the game looks like it's filled with "13-15" year-old kids. Well, in all likelihood it probably is. This is an online, free mod to a fairly popular simulator. And in recent weeks this mod has gained a lot of momentum. The larger a crowd you invite into an online forum of gaming or discussion, the harder it becomes to regulate, given the differences in people you have. This isn't a community, like sports, where like-minded people are congregating to discuss things they enjoy. It's a video game that involves killing things, fighting zombies, and surviving. The absolute best way to combat a downhill train of negativity and shit community, is to only contribute positive feedback.

Provide recommendations you feel would improve the game, the interface, the play value, or otherwise make this a more fluid experience. Every single person here has something they can bring to the table; some people can program, some are great artists, some are computer-wizards with moving things around the intellectual highway and databases, some people have a wonderful way of wording things to make for excellent guides and recommendations on game improvement.

Take whatever YOU can bring to the community, and start offering it! With a mod-based community like this, the players really have a LOT of power governing the game. This isn't a corporate-ladder fueled shit-fest like Diablo III or Battlefield 3, where the goal is to siphon your cash. This is a game fueled by passion and love for what it is. Please, we can player-kill one another and still contribute to one another's play value.

Because you can play this mod for FREE it attracts anyone and everyone.

And there is also something to the old saying that if you didn't work or pay for something then you treat it with little respect or don't look after it.

Added to the fact that the net turns some normally nice people into dicks because they don't have to deal with the backlash of their actions face to face and you get a group of people who act like 7 year olds.

note: No disrespect to any 7 year olds intended.

Also the community is still very young and finding it's feet.

Instead of posting something that sheds light upon the negatives of the community' date=' its sole focus should be on improvements the community can strive for.[/quote']

You can't sit there and deny that the few who work to compliment and help the community are being outnumbered more and more by those who are outrightly d*ckheads.

It's all good and well saying 'focus on the positive as opposed to highlighting the negetive', but at this rate, the forum will be a blabbering flamefest where those people who try to bring honest critique and suggestion will be muffled by the noise of 'C4R3B3AR!11 NUB FAGGUT GO BK 2 COD', etc.

The issue needs to be addressed.

At the same time, however... there isn't anything we/mods can do to regulate... Quite the dilemma.

Snip

Brilliant post. Well said. :)

You are confusing me with this avatar, I always end asking me when I replied in some threads. :D

This mod is popular enough that it really needs an expanded community team for support, both for Rocket and the community itself. This would help improve communication, provide a more expansive method of collecting metrics and feedback for Rocket and free him up to focus on what he needs to do to improve the game.

I play with 3 people I know and the game is great, we make rivalries with people that come across as dicks... but you do come across good/nice people...

I get hated on for telling off new players after 8 hours of the same questions

- "HOW DO I USE A BANDAGE?!"

- "WHY DO I HAVE NO GUN?"

- "WAS THERE A PATCH? WHATS NEW?!"

- "WHOS SHOOTING IN CHERNO?!"

you can only answer them nicely for so long ... I LOVE playing on DE4 server! no side chat and no kills listed, you cant even see a players name when looking at him... so the other day I was in a shoot out and killed two guys, they dont know who I was to get revenge or who to watch out for and its more intense than

- "HEY WHY HAVE I LOST ALL MY STUFF SWIMMING?!"

Well, back in the days people to dumb to find even a minimum wage job used to sit around, watch tv, drink beer and jack off all day. Then came the internet.

What amuses me is that people are supposed to alpha test this and not play it for fun or trolling. Yet hardly ever do I see posts with bug reports or serious constructive criticism that does not have at least some totally pointless reply in the thread.

There's a reason after all why usually people get paid to do this. Don't excpect profesionalism if there's no professionals involved.

That said, it's time for the mods to man up and start insta-banning people for trolling and derailing threads. Unless that happens: deal with it.

You can't sit there and deny that the few who work to compliment and help the community are being outnumbered more and more by those who are outrightly d*ckheads.

The issue needs to be addressed.

At the same time, however... there isn't anything we/mods can do to regulate... Quite the dilemma.

I agree that the "few" in communities like this trying to contribute are VASTLY outnumbered by those trying to be funny and fill voids in their personal lives.

However, I don't agree in that we cannot regulate, at least to some degree, the trollism that occurs. As I said before, ignoring it is often the best avenue. Trolls are mutually exclusive with attention, and the less responses we give them, the less exciting it is to troll.

Take, for example, this entire thread. Billy-bob-trollmeisture the 4th is trolling along the information troll highway in the eve of night. He stumbles upon this post, which is complaining about trolls. At this point in time, his senses are heightened, "oh! a trolling opportunity, now I can fill that void from getting dumped at school today." Billy then procedes to troll the shit out of you and everyone else who responds to him.

By showing a complete lack of acknowledgement that he even exists, he'll dissipate like a flame without oxygen.

Continue pushing out good words and products, and the community will become closer.

Some suggestions: community managers and more moderators. I, for one, suggest that Rocket or another leading source hires volunteers to moderate the official community site(s). These people will be screened and interviewed either in person, or on a video voice chat client. These players will have established a positive history in the community already, and are not so much hired by their level of skill or time in the game, but more so on their morality and ability to justly and fairly moderate the game and convey popular issues to the developers as a medium for fan communication. These mediators can scour the forums for trolls, nonconstructive postings, and other musings to keep things fluid. Ban people on site that deserve it.

I really do think there's a lot of potential with this mod, and I would love for it to succeed.

I am afraid of that what will gonna happend to this game/mod if devs or rocket listens majority, what are thoes "never satisfide" players.

In my mind comes couple of examples what happend when 12-15 year olds kids take over the forums. Thoes examples was halo saga and GoW saga.

Truly speaking i liked really mutch halo 1 and 2. Expecially halo 2. You all (i presume) remember the golden age of gaming community. devs listened these players, who gave ideas and suggestion what would make sence and be innovative. Like wealding dual secondary weapons, Improved AI, no recycling levels, balanced difficulty settings, etc. compairing these two halo games. And it feeled that devs was lisening good also sence-makeing ideas, not these nowdays idiotic majority poll kinda ideas. Halo 2 and all of its erra games were the peak of good games. When halo 3 was released and i played it year later. It feeled so downgraded compairing to halo 2. I was little bit confused what i was playing at the first time i poped that S.O.B. in to my xbox. I completed that friking game little bit less than 5h. Just in one sitting. W.T.H. Halo 3 feeled more like halo 1.5 than an full time released sequel. Every thing feeled so wrong, so mediocre and downgraded. same goes to GoW 1 and 2. GoW 1: pure gold. GoW 2: rusty nickel. Both sagas ruind by newer gaming generations and their immature way of giving idiotic ideas and suggestions. Sucked by devs. Its so sad just watch how games has turned into a sequel-of-the-sequel-pee-shooters-while-walking-in-park-killing-countless-Brainded-enemys-while-growing-virtual-ego-passing-level-after-level-using-zero-point-of-thinking kinda games, at least the mature side of gameing.

Rocket if You read this. I hope you dont turn into butt kissing dev for the mass appeal. So far i am very pleased your way of style handling things.

Ps: correct me if im wrong about these things what i sayed

^ This is very true. A lot of game developers at the moment seem to have just become complete pushovers to the masses and dont really know where to draw the line. Remember back to the Everquest 2/Star Wars Galaxies period where SOE for example didnt give two shits what the community wanted, and when they released the CE & NGEs for SWG and the community hated it they went with the stubborn approach (cover ears and close eyes from their fanbases complaints). That was a huge mistake on their part as I'm sure people can remember, so much so that its become one of the greatest fails in gaming history thus far.

I think rocket is doing a great job so far keeping the balance between listening to the masses, not giving two shits and knowing when to revert changes.