Sign in to follow this  
Thorsblood

Little things to do in the SA

Now I know this will sound stupid, but i'm tired and don't care lol.

Now that you'v found other survivors, made a camp, have all the best gear, killed your fairshare of zombie's and even a few bandits, why not play a game of black jack or poker? make it so its activates like med. stuff does now, except the other player has to except. I can think of a few ways this could be fun even though its a small thing.

Example 1: your bored, your friends are bored, and you only have 1 (insert awesome weapon here!)

You play best of 3 blackjack winner takes the gun!

Example 2: Your a bandit, and you found a poor helpless Bambi, you tell them play me in poker, win you live, loose you loose your life BWAHAHAH.

Example 3: your both going to die due to VERY low blood and are equally skilled, break the deck out and winner gets the blood pack!

Could add other similar things but have them require a Base, or be in a certain area,(Bar in cherno for example) Most likely a pool-table. (Yes I know wrong pool lol)

Imagine you add a slot machine you filled with your own prizes, requires x item you set to spin. Example requires 1 can o' beans to spin, you win a makarov mag (AWWW), next spin nets you an AK (WOOT) (also I'm only half serious about the slot machine i know its not realistic, but my lil bro was playing borederlands and it made me lol)

Hate it, love it. don't care? Either way COME PLAY ON THE Fogeyz SERVER I NEED A FRIEND QQ

• Like 2

What about single players?

It's a great idea for teams, but with so many team suggestions and little single player / lone wolf ideas, there would be less for lones' to do beside the everyday surviving.

Nothing against your idea mate but if DayZ goes more team based with team features, the lones' will miss out on more than team based ideas. Every player will be able to do everything but team based stuff. Not really immersive for us who don't want to be in a regular team.

• Like 1

Support..

I think a card-game method would be kickass for a way to communicate and interact with players, although it seems a bit odd it would be fun to be surrounded, disarmed and held at gunpoint with only one card telling if you live or die.

What about single players?

It's a great idea for teams, but with so many team suggestions and little single player / lone wolf ideas, there would be less for lones' to do beside the everyday surviving.

Nothing against your idea mate but if DayZ goes more team based with team features, the lones' will miss out on more than team based ideas. Every player will be able to do everything but team based stuff. Not really immersive for us who don't want to be in a regular team.

Ah yes well then add in Solitair :D

Hello there

I'm all in favour of "mini games" which occupy you but have no impact on the world at large. Sytem Shock for example had gameboy-esque games one could play if one found the "cartridge". It had nothing to do with the game but was a nice little touch and made the world feel that bit more immersive.

There's great games that can fit in 16-48kb

L

• Like 1

I was thinking about the humanity scale, and an idea popped into my head about bandits, and the road back to no banditry (if that's even a word). I was thinking it might be an idea to have a humanity scaling on killing a bandit to be a good things (seeing as their humanity would be inherently evil). Also I think this would give people a reason to confront bandits, and also put a bit more fear into those that are bandits, scaling the favor. Considering in the scheme of things (as it currently stands), being a bandit seems to have no impact on the game for those that are (other than the skin), and on top of that, seeing as killing someone (weather they are a bandit, or not) scales your humanity south, I don't think it very fair, considering if you spawn in a location that is overly filled with bandits (particularly cherno/electro) and get butchered by camping bandits, and your only choice is run away, not fight back, cause if you do it will impact your humanity and turn you into a bandit (which has happened I might add), isn't really right. I think this just gives a little more back to those with good intentions, and not the little kids that just want to bang everything in the rear end.

Just a thought that I wanted to put out there, maybe you might want to consider, or you might think is trash. Either way, it's been said now, thanks for taking the time to read it.

Edited by Pancidious

Yeah,...Card games are going to get you a quick bullet in the head.

While you play cards there is another player passing by and sees you are playing cards and shoots you since they saw what kind of loot or if your playing cards near a tent.

Come standalone , I am not so sure simply getting the best gear , and stockpiling a tent full of weapons will be quite such an easy thing , depending on how loot is distributed and the difficulty of the infected .

What I am saying is , I think you might just find yourself doing a lot more surviving , rather than simply cruising around looking for trouble .