Lupatchi

ameture youtuber with partnership

Hey guys, just got my partnership and I really want to stay active at uploading.

so my question to you is.... whats the best way to make enjoyable dayz videos?

without the whole frankie style scripts.

my channel if anyone is interested is: www.youtube.com/lupatchi

• Like 1

708 Views - 447 Subs

Seems legit.

the new youtube doesnt count video views for deleted videos my partnership required me to remove a couple vids

• Like 1

I said this on another thread yesterday, but I'll say it again. When you're recording for video's, don't get very engaged in the game. You can laugh and stuff like that, but when you're 100% focused on the game you're playing you tend to start to say things like "umm, errrm, come on!, yess! uggggh" and shit like that.

Try to do regular uploads, and do longer video's. Try to make a series if possible on something you enjoy doing. Maybe it's a certain type of dayz, for example you might want to do a DayZ Panthera series where all you do is play dayz panthera. Make sure the video's are entertaining.

If you haven't already, make sure you get a good quality desk mic, you'll be surprised how much it improves the quality of your voice. Make sure you're always confident with your voice too, don't be quiet.

• Like 2

I have all nessesary equipment a blue yetti pro etc.

and a beast of a pc.

im fluent in coms but want to keep attentive and interesting

• Like 1

Make it interesting to start. If people are going to watch ads to get to your videos there has to be a reason why. Frankie may have scripts or whatever. However his videos are just plain fun to watch. If I want to watch people play DayZ. I would just use Twitch.TV anyway.

Also keep on the lookout for stuff that is public domain or creative commons that you can use. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_Commons_licenses just make sure that you check to see that it is one that is without the No commercial or NC tag as you obviously intend to make money. One I am looking forward to using myself in the future is this awesome animated DayZ logo that is cc http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/90601-1080p-animated-dayz-logo-free-for-use-on-youtube-etc/

I don't like to watch people play games for hours on end unless its an entirely new game that I have never heard of and am thinking of buying. Make videos that are interesting and something unique. Things like extremely well planned ambushes and raids are something I personally think is interesting. Things like 45 mins of walking from Cherno to NWAF with maybe 2 mins of actual combat I find very, very boring. Do videos of pranks like that paycer fellow did, those are worth watching!

There are thousands of commentaries and endless gameplay of DayZ and the other popular games already out there and you should do something that makes you stand out from the rest.

I DO want to watch people play dayz for hours on end but only if they're characterful, witty personalities or something keeps my grip. I watch Zemalf who can spend an hour crossing a field cautiously. So people like different things. I can't stand asshole pranks of the kind mentioned above. It takes all sorts and you'll never please everyone. So what you need to do is please yourself. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

One thing I personally do not like when it comes to let's plays is a lot of swearing, negativiety or yapping on about stuff that isnt game related. But I guess there is a place for everything. Younger audiences tend to enjoy more immature behavior I guess. Then there are personalities that stick out and are pleasant to listen to no matter what goes on, like Simon and Lewis on the Yogscast. You cant mimic that.

Edited by Droidlife
  • Like 1

So what you need to do is please yourself. :thumbsup:

Im sorry for this Sula, you know I think your one of the best of the admin staff here at Immaturity-Z... So I thought I would point out how right you are. As Sula pointed out, its all about self pleasure :D, I mean come on... what kind of vid would it be with out this type of expression.
  • Like 1

Thanks for the feedback, Ive got rough ideas of editing etc. and keeping it fruitful and to a level of maturity.

Hello there

I'm all about the self pleasure.

I too find the usual youtube offerings lacklustre. I don't want lulz, or incessent "ADHD" style ramblings I want something informative and interesting.

But, I'm an old fogey and the younger whippersnappers may want something upbeat.

You need to decide who your target audience is.

IE there's no point playing Beiber to a bunch of Bikers. The same applies in every media on the whole.

Although I'm sure there's one biker out there who likes JB.

Rgds

L

Edited by orlok

Hello there

I'm all about the self pleasure.

I too find the usual youtube offerings lacklustre. I don't want lulz, or incessent "ADHD" style ramblings I want something informative and interesting.

But, I'm an old fogey and the younger whippersnappers may want something upbeat.

You need to decide who your target audience is.

IE there's no point playing Beiber to a bunch of Bikers. The same applies in every media on the whole.

Although I'm sure there's one biker out there who likes JB.

Rgds

L

It seems that like 70% of youtube is 12 year olds that like my little pony. so trying to keep a mature controlled com would be difficult for a crowd, at the end of the day the thing i feel to do is to just plain simple play and com and edit out the boring parts.

Careful with the disrespect of the ponies now, you could find your self being an outcast in here. Not my opinion, but it isnt worth a ton here. As some have pointed out in many threads, either for their disdain or approval, Frankys videos are reasonably thought out with the primary direction towards the theatrical value. They are not intended to be a technical view, or complete ADHD point of view.

Orlok, Sula and Zach summed it up with the general needs for your vids to be some what successful. Record 20x what you need, then piece them together with a decent bit of editing. Music should be thought out well, as this tends to just piss me off right out of someones channel. Hearing some lame ass Rap tune drowning out a great blown V8 or a juicy Italian/German sled, is a great example of what "Not" to do.

Good luck Lupa :thumbsup:

I just had a look at your MOHW video again, and you clearly stated at the start is that you're struggling with commentating itself. I think you should talk about what's happening in game, what you're doing, why you're doing it, what you did wrong etc. My favourite youtube currently and has been for about 2 years now is THERUSSIANBADGER, what he manages to do is upload average everyday gameplay footage and make it interesting by talking about it in a certain way, and keeping it funny.

Try not to force anything, just talk like it's normal. You'll get used to it eventually, and it will come naturally.

Good commentaries, and good personality, that's what usually makes a good youtuber. Take Seananners or Hutch for example.