spex

Vilayer.com - FULL Source File, FTP and Database Access | Fully Customizable | BEC | 16 Maps | Epoch

Whenever I try to install the TSW addon I get error 550 saying the system cannot find the file specified.

Whenever I try to install the TSW addon I get error 550 saying the system cannot find the file specified.

You should be all set now. Looks like the mod files were not synced with all our file servers.

Try it now.

If it doesn't work shoot me your IP here or in a PM.

• Like 1

Just wanna say thanks to matt & vilayer!

The servers i rented have been great! By far best provider i have been with much better then dayz.st crap and that absolute joke survival servers.

Got my own dedicated server now so have moved on!

But if you want a great performing server (no desync lag ect ect) don't go anywhere else also don't get tempted by the noobs that have servers with .st. Of course there server runs fine with 1-10 players on but get up to the 40-60 slots in use (well 50 for .st) and i guarantee you will have issues especially at peek times with desync and that.

Our old server got to 60th in gametracker and was busy all the time. the only issue i had was the control panel went down a few times but for no more then 2 hours.

Cheers guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I beg you to PLEASE consider another hosting provider as I have had a NIGHTMARE with Vilayer for hosting my DayZ server. This issue is still ongoing, but I vowed to let others know of my problem. I just ordered service Sunday June 9th, 2013. Within the first 6 hours there were problems with the MySQL server to where it went down and corrupted my entire database. I was unable to install/uninstall anything, nor uninstall the database I did have. So I submitted a ticket with a few problems, including the inability to connect via FTP. The response from Matthew, almost 24 hours later, stated there was no problem at all and he was able to click start and the server booted up fine. This is a COMPLETE lie. Furthermore, I requested a refund and just wanted to cancel my service after all this and they stated that GameServers are non-refundable. No where in their 'Master Billing Agreement' (which they said I agreed to, I did not, I agreed to a Terms of Service), says gameservers are non-refundable.

So...even though within 24 hours and having all these problems, they still would not work with me. I respond to the ticket stating that Matthew was lying and that I am still having MySQL problems. The next response? Almost 20 hours later. So...do the math, both responses combined have taken 44 hours to get back to my issue. This time someone named John responded. COMPLETELY ignoring my actual ticket issue of MySQL database errors and connection problems and instead addresses me being defensive and frustrated after waiting all this time only to get Matthew to respond saying there was no problem.

John proceeded to call me a child...and I quote: "Also please be aware that we do not accept abuse toward our support staff in any way. While i understand that it can be frustrating for someone learning how to setup a server for the first time in our Service environment... that does not afford you the right to name call and act like a child in our support system." No one was attacking his employees in my response. No one was being abusive. I just want customer service or give me a refund. John failed to respond to my actual problem and the MySQL issue still remains. I have now disputed this with Paypal and have documented everything. Vilayer is unprofessional, provides terrible service, and is inattentive to what your ticket says if you remotely even try to defend yourself after the last representative basically calls you a liar. DO NOT get service from them. Please look elsewhere.

I understand some of you may have had a great experience. Maybe they do, maybe they don't. Unfortunately for me...I have experienced the latter. I just wanted to inform people of what issues there are and to make sure people see a CURRENT trend. Not a trend or like the response above me which states: "Got my own dedicated server now so have moved on!" that's great and all for you, that you've moved on, but for those of us who still remain. Some are suffering.....big time.

Oh and not to mention their newest employee: Andy...who is in their TeamSpeak server, was unable to assist anyone because it was his '2nd' day on the job and did not have access to anything. He was basically stressing because there were about 7 of us in their all seeking assistance and he was telling everyone to just wait for Matt or Lee to come on to help everyone. So...I decided to call their customer support phone number (1-888-275-5010) which had me on hold for over 5 minutes and then came back to say that they were busy and then the phone just hung up. So...I have tried to contact them through various other means, from their ticket system, to TeamSpeak to their phone number and now through Paypal Dispute. Their response on the dispute? An employee says: You're tickets have been addressed in a timely manner, we see no reason for a refund here.

LMAO....I guess he doesn't READ the tickets...just sees the time...and 20-24 hours is timely to you? GG Sir...GG....

This is still disputed with Paypal as we speak.

Edited by ThatDorkyGuy

I have been with vilayer since beginning of november and overall very happy with them, there have been times I have been frustrated in the past (migrating hosts etc, but all that seems sorted now).

I often raise tickets just to ask a quick question and put them as 'priority low' and phrase my ticket politely and get a timely response with a polite no nonsense answer, If I have gotten stuck with something I can't seem to fix myself either john or matt have stepped in and got my server running how I wanted it.

Amberhelios is a big help too, when we were given the sql access I was finding it difficult so I just let him log into mine and he got it all set up for me, cheers bud :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Sounds great Wooly...I'm not sure if you are just randomly replying to this thread or are replying in sort to my response, but to clarify....I made a ticket with polite wording the first time. After 24 hours of waiting only to hear Matt say there wasn't anything wrong and he just clicked start and all was well...that began the frustration. Even then...my response was more of a shock than anything. I was basically being called a liar even though I copied and pasted in several lines of MySQL errors. There were no names being called, I was not being abusive. Regardless....the next response some 20 hours later, didn't address the issue either, but more of defending his co-worker, who wasn't being attacked at all.

Basically they are upset that I am asking for a refund and disputing with Paypal. So the customer service for me in particular has dropped considerably seeing as how my ticket response time is 20+ hours each time. Or maybe that is the norm. Or maybe it's them dealing with low priority tickets like yours when you could just hang out in their TeamSpeak channel (if anyone other than Andy is working) and ask the quick question there, but that's just my 2 cents. Either way, you are free to do as you wish. Just giving an example really.

There is a difference between not knowing how to use the MySQL database and having your database completely corrupted within 6 hours of getting their service and unable to install/uninstall anything.

Do not try to tell me that you are giving full configuration access for all of your servers. I know for a fact that you will not allow this with official hive servers, where as HFBservers does.

They don't give full configuration...well...I guess you could say they allow you to edit the config file, mission and server pbos...of what THEY host. For example...1.7.7 is out. No word on when that will be supported, but there is no way to get yours up and running by installing it yourself. So...it's a round about way they say it. You can't fully configure public hive. Fact. You can 'config' your private server...but only what they host, and you are not allowed to upload .dll files (which is prob a hacker protection thing). Regardless...it is a bit misleading when they say "your only limit is your imagination"....lmao. You mean, only limit is within what "we" (Vilayer) host and allow and see fit and yadda yadaa. Also be advised, they do not have DayZ Reality, Civilian, Sahrani etc; and the true customization is really with the default Chernarus. If you are looking for more than that, don't look here. IN ADDITION to my posts above...this was another reason I wanted a refund. False advertisement, really.

Take what you'd like from my posts here. I never like to talk negative about any company as I truly am an understandable person. What I don't like, is when I am disrespected. What I don't like is when a company who is solely based on the internet, tries to 'bully' their customers around because it's VERY difficult to really win as a customer against them....with Paypal Disputes, Refunds, Service Credit etc; etc;

I will not stand for it. I will not stand for unprofessional language and being called a child and other implying other things in their ticket responses.

By the way, for those who are following along. No response yet from my ticket asking for further assistance regarding my MySQL issues. I now can NOT connect to my MySQL database at all (before I could and see that it was all corrupt)...now...it's completely unavailable. I have re-checked the IP...the PORT (adding +1 from the game port)...re-checked my username, password etc; etc;...

Still unable to connect. This service has been completely rendered useless and there I have maybe had in the past 3 days of service...maybe 10-15 hours TOPS of uptime in a 72 hour time period. RIDICULOUS!

Edited by ThatDorkyGuy
  • Like 1

Another update regarding my situation, if you've been following along:

My response to my ticket and MySQL issue: 12/06/2013 14:05

So now coming up on 34 hours now with no response on my ticket. Server is still down, can't connect to MySQL databases to edit anything.

Edit: Finally got a response after 36 hours of waiting. John, still isn't responding to my MySQL connection issue. He didn't apologize for the 36 hour wait and proceeded to say: I can start the server, so I don't see the problem. Vilayer strikes again with a lengthy wait time for support and even when you do get it, it's gonna take at least an additional 3 responses to finally get the answer because they won't work with you. They do a response, regardless of it it addresses your problem or not and rushes off. So to recap. I ordered their service on Sunday, June 9th. Today is Friday June 14th. I still have an unusable server/service from them. If I wanted a default DayZ Chernarus server, I would have went elsewhere.

I went with Vilayer for the customizable options, including, editing the MySQL database for profiles, gear, loadouts, etc;

Boy was I wrong....

I've responded back again, BEGGING....BEGGING for support to my actual problem. FIrst time I waited 24 hours for a response, second time 20 hours, now this time is 36 hours. Perhaps this next time it'll be somewhere around 32 hours? Or maybe longer, who knows.

I love how they don't apologize either, this is timely responses right? lmao...

Still pursuing a refund via Paypal. False advertisement, disrespectful/unprofessional service.

Edited by ThatDorkyGuy

I am starting to regret buying a server with Vilayer now...

I haven't even got the server up and running. MySQL passwords keep getting reset when the server is stopped/restarted, which also breaks the live sync so I can't actually update to 1.7.7...

Been waiting for support to even acknowledge my ticket since yesterday morning.

52 hours now on my ticket, still with no response.

In regards to my Paypal Dispute, I updated the dispute every day with as much information I can. When you update your dispute, it emails the seller (Vilayer). They never once responded. After 6 days of trying to work stuff out, I have now escalated it to a claim. I received an email from Paypal saying that Vilayer explained our disagreement to Paypal, lmao, but it's still under investigation.

If they can explain it to Paypal, legitly, then resolve the issue with me. Fix my MySQL issue. Otherwise, refund my money.

So again, 52 hours still with my ticket sitting there. I love blowing $30 on crappy companies. Don't you?

The ticket has self-updated itself to URGENT now lmao....I'm sure this is a perfect explanation to Paypal eh?

nosupport.jpg

Edited by ThatDorkyGuy

This is why I just purchase a VDS from NFOServers and setup my own public HIVE (or Private if you want).

Find yourself a real good tech guy and enslave him.

We're one of the more successful DayZ servers and we've always been with NFO. (By the way, their support team is top of the line and their bandwidth is unmatched.)

ViLayer likes to charge a ridiculous amount of money for "Professional Services" if you just want an extra IP address or two. Seeing as no other company does this and my inquiries for an explanation of what "Professional Services" was went unanswered, I'd say they're pretty much full of shit.

NFO4Lyfe

http://nfoservers.com

• Like 2

Vilayer sucks hands down and has terrible service

Yeah I should have done more research before going with Vilayer. It's unfortunate. My ticket (as you saw from my last post at over 52 hours unanswered)...remains unanswered. Total time now? lmao...need to start using a dang calculator now:

79 Hours unanswered on my current ticket.

Paypal is still investigating. We'll see.

Please do research of companies before you sign up for service. You will get scammed, like I did. They now have over $30 of mine, and I with no service, a ticket that has been open for OVER a week, and the last time I've heard from them was OVER 3 days ago...coming up on 4 days now.

Yeah I should have done more research before going with Vilayer. It's unfortunate. My ticket (as you saw from my last post at over 52 hours unanswered)...remains unanswered. Total time now? lmao...need to start using a dang calculator now:

79 Hours unanswered on my current ticket.

Paypal is still investigating. We'll see.

Please do research of companies before you sign up for service. You will get scammed, like I did. They now have over $30 of mine, and I with no service, a ticket that has been open for OVER a week, and the last time I've heard from them was OVER 3 days ago...coming up on 4 days now.

Buy a VDS from NFO and kiss sorry-ass support goodbye.

Seriously, NFO has the best support I have ever seen from a hosting company and I've been doing this for a while.

Just wanted to update everyone....

My ticket had gone to 120 hours (5 Days) unanswered before finally receiving a response. Lee, their CEO responded this time. He did apologize and say he saw the issues that I was having. He did 'restore' everything and also added a free month of service. Unfortunately, the damage had already been done. The dispute/claim was filed. The funny thing is...Vilayer...provided an 'explanation' to Paypal as soon as escalated it to a claim. Before, during our dispute process, I updated the dispute every single day with no response from them (other than declining to give me a refund during the initial part of the dispute because my tickets were 'resolved in a timely manner'). After that decline though, about 6 days of me updating it had passed.

So...what 'explanation' did they give to Paypal? Because the aftermath was 5 Days, 120 hours of an unanswered ticket, begging for assistance, sat there. It resulted in the CEO (like that's a big deal...) getting involved and resolving the issue his employees basically harassed me about.

Sure a free month of service is great, but when you already don't want the service, you JUST want a refund. We'll see what happens now, because I've asked their CEO...Lee....for a refund directly.

Paypal is still investigating...

My experience with Vilayer thus far...

I ordered my private hive DayZ Mod game server with Vilayer LTD on June 9 after a couple hours of restless sleep because of frustrations with Dayz.st. After ordering I went back to sleep while the account was fully activated. I awake several hours later, with an activated account, but did not have FTP access. First support ticket submitted and it was resolved in about one hour; awesome.

That same day I get to configuring the server (Vilayer LTD has a lot more features than Dayz.st has), uploading mission file, and then go to import my SQL DB. Unfortunately, I cannot connect to the SQL DB, despite the fact the game server is on. Second support ticket submitted, where I state the game server is on. It was responded to just 6 minutes later and support informed me the server must be turned on for the SQL DB to be running. I respond by re-stating that the game server is on. Within 15 minutes I am magically able to connect to the SQL DB. Issued resolved (either by support or divine intervention) within 38 minutes.

June 12th I submit a ticket because my time in my control panel is different from the game server and because I can't figure out which .ArmA2OAProfile to edit to change server difficulty settings; there are several. About 12 hours and 30 minutes later I get a response advising me to change my profile time within the panel (duh, lol...) and then a "I don’t know which file it is, but I will find out for you..." response. I respond within an hour. I then do not get a reply from Vilayer for roughly 6 days and 14 hours, which they apologized for and blamed the increased support response time on the incompatibility you will read about below, but the response has the answer I was looking for.

June 15th I submit a ticket because I am unable to connect to the database via a PHP script. I provide the error message, which based on my reseach is generally caused by connections being refused by the SQL server. I get a response just over an hour later stating that they don't provide support for third party SQL applications, they can connect just fine, and I may be putting in the wrong IP/port or my game server is stopped when I try to connect. I respond by stating that I never requested assistance with the third party tool, since that is not their problem, however I am requesting support to open access to the SQL DB on the game server which I rent from Vilayer. I also state that I have zero issues connecting to the server using something like NaviCat/HeidiSQL, only when connecting to PHP base SQL admin tools; I tried three different ones. An hour later I send a follow-up message that maybe it is the socket. One day and 18 hours later I get "no" response and maybe the firewall on my web host is blocking it, and they can connect just fine. I respond within an hour stating that my web host is not blocking the connection (way to try passing the buck), that I don't have issues connecting to other databases, and that all of these PHP tools have simple ip/port/user/db/pass configs. About two hours and 30 minutes later I get a "sorry for the confusion" reply and that they do not support PHP my admin due to security issues. While I do not like the answer, I can accept it and thank the support person to taking ownership of the issue. I then suggest having the small PHP script be part of the install process for the mod I am using and accessible somehow via the control panel. June 19th I get a response saying that it is totally possible to connect to the SQL DB via a PHP script and "Any of our Web Hosting packages will support this php system." The CEO, Lee Benson, offers help setting it up via Skype/TS3, but I do not take him up on the offer because I know he has no idea what he is talking about, it won't work, and I don't feel like engaging in a voice conversation with the guy, I have better things to do. I respond within 5 minutes asking for clarifation as to whether I can use my own web hosting or I need to get web hosting from Vilayer? June 20th I have to respond to the ticket advising support to make sure they read the entire ticket because it is merged with an unrelated ticket. About 12 hours later I get a response that they will look into it. I again ask for clarification if I need web hosting with Vilayer or not. I get a response about 15 hours later saying "sorry" and my web host should work. I respond within 30 minutes saying that if that is the case, why am I unable to connect to the Vilayer SQL DB via a PHP script, and provide a copy/paste of three different config files for these scripts, which is basically ip/port/user/db/pass, and state that I have zero issues connecting via HeidiSQL/NaviCat. About 11 hours later on June 21 I get a response that it appears to be a socket issue (lol, called it) and that they will work with the coders to get it resolved; I just respond with thanks. On June 27th I get a "we didn't forget about you response." Ticket automatically closed on June 30th. Whatever, not really a big deal, relatively speaking.

June 16th I submit an advisory ticket that an application add-on which can be used to send scheduled messages does not install and that the Battleye Extended Controls (BEC) are not working. Approximately 26 hours and 30 minutes later I get a copy/paste response, that my server should be fully functional again in 30 minutes. Actually, it was the exact same response I got from the above ticket. It fails to actually answer my ticket, which I state. Support responds by saying that they know, but just wanted to advise me that my server would be restarting multiple times and that they are looking into the issue. About 18 hours later I respond by saying that the issues still exists. Eight hours later the ticket is marked as "answered" so I respond again saying that no answer has been given. About 12 hours later I am advised that "there is a major update coming out tonight that will fix the installation issues on server messages and fix a huge amount of other issues currently in out bug list with the DayZ Package."

June 17th my game server goes down with a status of "unknown." I am unable to make any sort of connection to the machine. A response was sent approximately five hours later saying that their scripts are not compatible with the latest DayZ mod update and they hope to have it resolved soon. I get another response 4 hours and 30 minutes later that my game server "will be fully functional again within the next 30 minutes." Two hours later my server is still down and I just go to bed. When I wake up the game server is running except...

June 18th my game server has been totally wiped, reset, and set to "default." I also received an email stating that servers affected will get a two week billing cycle extension; awesome. Thankfully, I was able to export my database the day prior just before the server exploded so I begin configuring & uploading everything; had I not done that I would be pissed. Initially, I am unable to start the server because my account is limited to 40 slots, which is how my config files were set, but the game kept starting with 64 slots. After just over three hours the server starts magically working, but I am unable to connect to the SQL database. Approximately 15 minutes later I am advised to run the "change database password" script, which works. I am then able to finish setting my server up... again.

June 18th I submit a ticket that in an effort to get the BEC working I uninstalled it, deleted the configuration folder via FTP, then reinstalled BEC. However, it did not recreate the configuration files. I ask for assistance to replace the file with the Vilayer default configuration file. About 12 hours later I respond that since the whitelist application is also not working I tried to totally reinstall everything by resetting my account to default, but this did not work.I get a response 19 hours later that they are looking into it. This ticket is merged by someone with the ticket created on June 15th.

June 24 I submit a ticket referencing the above tickets asking when this update is coming and asking about the two week billing cycle extension. Within 15 minutes I get a response that they are still working on getting stuff working and he will get the two week extension added to my account. Then about 3 hours after that someone else in support responds by saying "we know about the issues with BEC" and that they have made the "server messages" application for use in lieu of. Confused I respond by asking for some kind of round about ETA; am I expected to wait a day, a couple days, a week? I also ask how the two week billing extension works as it is not reflected in my account details nor on my PayPal subscription. Within 30 minutes I get the following response, "Because we know BEC has not been working we had made another program just to run messages in the ACP addon control panel called 'Server Messages'" I send a response within a minute that the server messages application does not install. Approximately 2 hours later I get a "sorry, we are having issues" message. 35 minutes later I respond again because neither of my questions were answered; When will the BEC/whitelist/server message applications work, and how does the two week billing extension work? Just over an hour later I get a response that they hope to have it working within a few days and the ticket has been flagged to be seen by someone else. This is all acceptable. About 2 hours and 30 minutes after that the two weeks have been added to my account.

June 26th when my server goes to restart is has an empty -mod= switch, causing it to not load the mod. After about 90 minutes of looking to see if I can edit the command line, I submit a ticket. Approximately 12 hours later I get a response and the server is fixed. They blame the issue on changes they made to the start script not working right.

June 27th I get an email from Leo "Lee" Benson, CEO, that the add-on scripts for vanilla DayZ should now be working.

June 28th I submit a ticket about two hours after my game server shutdown and became inaccessible. I get a response about 7 hours later stating that it works.

June 28th I also submitted a follow-up ticket asking what is going on with the BEC/whitelist/server message applications. One of the reasons I switched to Vilayer was because I would no longer need to run this stuff on my second computer. Up until this point I had been patient because I was given a two week extension to my billing cycle, but it has now been two weeks since my server was wiped and these issues all started, so my patience will begin to wear thin soon. On June 30th, while playing a game, the server suddenly disconnects everyone *without warning*... once... twice... I say on TS, "I wonder if they are responding to my ticket about BEC/whitelist/server messages..." after the third restart "Matt - Vilayer" attempts to join the server a couple times, but is kicked for not being on the whitelist. It is at this point I note how professional it is of him to notify the server that he was going to restart the server; what a douche. Thankfully no one was flying at the time. He responds to my ticket that the add-on applications are now working, and that there is a large backlog of support tickets after the 1.7.7 update incident.

June 30th at approximately 0145 hours CDT, just a couple hours after the last ticket ended, my server goes down with a status of "unknown." After two hours I say F this and go to sleep. I submit a ticket 9 hours after the server went down. As I type this my server is still down and my ticket has not been responded to.

The server went down a couple other times and I did not bother to submit a ticket, thinking it would resolve itself. Thankfully, they did. I will let the reader make their own judgments based on my experience thus far.

Edited by survivalgaming

Just an update: The ticket which I submitted on Sunday, June 30, at 10:40 AM was responded to on Tuesday, July 2, at 4:10 PM. This is over 53 hours after my ticket; 62 hours after my server went down. The response stated that there was a hardware failure, they were able to save the data, and they would be extended my bill date by 2 weeks plus the down time.

Unfortunately for Vilayer, I had already ordered a VDS/VPS from another hosting company and was in the middle of setting it up at that time. I have since cancelled my account with Vilayer. I had high hopes for Vilayer, but they fell far far short of my expectations.

Edited by survivalgaming

Any V guys seeing this, can you sort my mumble channel out as it's been down for a few days now. I paid and was still getting the emails saying it would be terminated in so many hours etc.

I think the ticket service is also broken as when viewing my ticket on the website comes back with nothing :(

ip is 37.­59.­29.­178:­64738

Another update: I put in a refund request on July 3rd, which was not responded to until July 10th; they blamed an update to their ticket system to prevent spam. The pro-rated refund they offered was a credit to my account for future Vilayer services, which I have absolutely zero intent on ever purchasing.

My conclusion: Vilayer is not a good hosting provider in support or reliability and people should avoid them.

Fighter: Thank you for recommending NFO Servers. I switched to them, under a VDS/VPS plan, and could not be happier.

Edited by survivalgaming
  • Like 1

Another update: I put in a refund request on July 3rd, which was not responded to until July 10th; they blamed an update to their ticket system to prevent spam. The pro-rated refund they offered was a credit to my account for future Vilayer services, which I have absolutely zero intent on ever purchasing.

My conclusion: Vilayer is not a good hosting provider in support or reliability and people should avoid them.

Fighter: Thank you for recommending NFO Servers. I switched to them, under a VDS/VPS plan, and could not be happier.

;)