spex

Vilayer.com - FULL Source File, FTP and Database Access | Fully Customizable | BEC | 16 Maps | Epoch

Hello,

Usually setup times are between 10 and 45 minutes. It depends on the volume of servers being provisioned at the time.

If, for some reason, you haven't received a provisioning complete email, shoot me a PM with the name you ordered with and I'll get it sorted out straight away.

I have just sent a PM, Many thanks.

I have just sent a PM, Many thanks.

We're sorting it out right now. Will get back to your shortly.

• Like 1

All I can say is we have had a great go with the Vilayer guys. They work their asses off, and still take time to get to know their customers. I ordered the day.st server for the customizations, but will probably drop it for this. Nothing againts the st guys of course, the server seems to be solid. We just already have 2 servers through Vilayer and I would be happy to make it three.

Edit* Are you guys going to throw Dayz+ up? I got a few clan mates who enjoy it.

Edited by LGHollenfeuer

All I can say is we have had a great go with the Vilayer guys. They work their asses off, and still take time to get to know their customers. I ordered the day.st server for the customizations, but will probably drop it for this. Nothing againts the st guys of course, the server seems to be solid. We just already have 2 servers through Vilayer and I would be happy to make it three.

Edit* Are you guys going to throw Dayz+ up? I got a few clan mates who enjoy it.

This is reassuring, Ive had issues with SS in the past so I tend to be blunt with my questions before i buy (read back in thread ;) ), I rent off DayZ.st at the moment who have been great, with great tools which are easy to use, The price is amazing, Best around. But I love wasteland, So I have to give Vilayer a go. I'm looking forward to when it gets setup.

Edited by LOLinDayZ
  • Like 1

I've had a chance to "play" more with my new server. And so far i'm having great fun, honestly i never tried DayzCC before (Vilayer partnered with em to provide a more advanced GUI), and i see i've missed alot. I wouldn't reccomend to mess with the setup files if you don't know what u're doing, but if you're looking for something advanced and you don't wanna spend the money for a fully dedicate server, then this is the way to go. I've opened the Taviana server by an hour or so..and it's running smooth (i'm having only few users by now.. they are only 6 in the moment i'm typing), i'm messing around with gcam (spectator mode), i can say this is the definitive tool against the cheaters ... whenever i see it can be potentially abused by some kid. The map tool is similar to the one provided by dayz.st, it's better under certain aspects (you can edit stuff on the fly), but it misses the realtime trace-lines (user movements), whenever i found it a little buggy.

Pros: full control of your server, good bandwidth, fast support (we'll see in some weeks), an impressive set of admin tools;

Cons: related to the above, you have full control of your server, it means that if you dunno where to place your hands you may "destroy" your server in seconds.

I'll tell you more when i've collected more users aboard.

Thanks for the kind words, LGHollenfeuer. We do our best. We're always trying to make the experience better so if you every have issues or suggestions, don't hesitate to let us know.

We will likely be adding DayZ+ to the standard DayZ Package in the near future. We have a lot of new stuff we're working on for the DayZ Package at the moment.

This is reassuring, Ive had issues with SS in the past so I tend to be blunt with my questions before i buy (read back in thread ;) ), I rent off DayZ.st at the moment who have been great, with great tools which are easy to use, The price is amazing, Best around. But I love wasteland, So I have to give Vilayer a go. I'm looking forward to when it gets setup.

Wasteland is good fun. Now with the option of using the hive version it adds a whole different level. We're working very close with 404 Games so if you have any problems let us know.

The persistent hive version is still v1 and there are some bugs to be worked out. You can keep an eye on their bug list to see what has been reported if you run into any. http://404games.co.uk/dev/flyspray/

Hi,

I currently rent a server from you guys, I was wondering if it's possible to upgrade to this package, without changing IPs etc? If not, can one service be stopped while the new one is activated? With the minimum specs available (40 euro's/m), will it still properly run a 40 man server?

I'm not sure if I have the time to manage a full unrestricted server, but once I figure that out and above questions are answered, I may do it.

Thanks!

Edited by Wotuu

There was a time I could say nothing wrong about Vilayer. Then things went wrong. Then when I mentioned the things going wrong, I was promised compensation that was only partially delivered, such as a 2 week credit taking my billing date from the third, to the 14th (instead of the 17th), and a 4 day credit taking my billing date from the 16th, to the 18th, instead of the 20th.

On top of that, I was having namalsk issues (The map I signed up with them to play on) and no loot/zombies were spawning, and I was told "We're working on a hotfix ASAP and we'll let you know as soon as it's finished! Just play on another map for the meantime."... And after waiting like 10 days, I wrote them in again, and the reply I got was "Oh, that's been fixed for like a week already!"... so much for letting me know, eh? (This was after I got scolded for 'opening multiple tickets for the same issue', when one issue was my server shut itself down, and the 2nd issue was after that got fixed, the server control panel they provide was totally unresponsive... So I thought i'd do the 'right thing' and not 'open multiple tickets' about the namalsk issue... and I just get f'king forgotten about for trying to be nice about it)

I can't say they're the best provider, or the worst provider. I can say they're the ONLY provider i've done business with. That being said, if the level of care I got was considered 'standard/high class' for the industry, I don't think I ever want to deal with another dayZ hosting company again, because it all left a real bitter taste in my mouth.

when are our servers going to be able to go to new version 1.7.5.1?

We're hoping in the next 1 to 3 days.

We're currently in the process of migrating several of our Master servers to an East Coast location. This puts them in a more central position between our US and European networks which will provide better connectivity for things like our website and control panel.

Once we're finished with that process we will be focusing on 1.7.5.1. When we merge the new DayZ Code we will be sending all DayZ Customers an email. You can also keep an eye on our news section which will be updated when we release the update to the control panel. http://www.vilayer.com/news/vilayer-news/service-news.html

How does it works for those of us that have customizations in place? It's not my case, since i'm running Taviana, but when/if Taviana will be updated, should i update it myself, or what? If it gets updated automatically, what's about (example) my custom mission files?

How does it works for those of us that have customizations in place? It's not my case, since i'm running Taviana, but when/if Taviana will be updated, should i update it myself, or what? If it gets updated automatically, what's about (example) my custom mission files?

That will depend on the specific files they update. If they update any files that you have edited the changes you have made will be overwritten.

1.7.5.1 Update

Official DayZ: We have released 1.7.5.1 for our Official Hive DayZ servers along with beta 101480 and the updated scripts.txt to prevent script kicks. Please note that you will need to submit a ticket to request a new mission file after installing the update. We are currently working on automating the process but until we finish we need to update them manually.

Standard DayZ Package: The update will be released a some point Tuesday, Feb 5th.

Dedicated DayZ Package: The update will come via DayZ Control Center. Due to how DayZ Control Center functions, manually updating the files will not work. It looks like the the update will be released in the next 1 to 3 days.

Edited by Matt - Vilayer
  • Like 1

We are currently migrating to a new web server. Our website will be down for the next 30 minutes to 1 hour. During this time you will be unable to access our main website or ticket system.

Our TC Admin Control Panel will remain up during this time.

Thanks for the kind words, LGHollenfeuer. We do our best. We're always trying to make the experience better so if you every have issues or suggestions, don't hesitate to let us know.

We will likely be adding DayZ+ to the standard DayZ Package in the near future. We have a lot of new stuff we're working on for the DayZ Package at the moment.

Wasteland is good fun. Now with the option of using the hive version it adds a whole different level. We're working very close with 404 Games so if you have any problems let us know.

The persistent hive version is still v1 and there are some bugs to be worked out. You can keep an eye on their bug list to see what has been reported if you run into any. http://404games.co.uk/dev/flyspray/

We are using the 2.9 mission file at the moment. We did use the Mod V1, but since the bases are not saving, and not alot of people are running that version since its alpha. We are going to wait.

I have experience with TCAdmin from SS which is cool. Although your file setup seems more clean. SS TCadmin had double or triple the file shortcuts for set options. ACP Layer seems down now though, and my server is off due to tinkering. From your message, It shouldnt be too long till its back up.

We are using the 2.9 mission file at the moment. We did use the Mod V1, but since the bases are not saving, and not alot of people are running that version since its alpha. We are going to wait.

I have experience with TCAdmin from SS which is cool. Although your file setup seems more clean. SS TCadmin had double or triple the file shortcuts for set options. ACP Layer seems down now though, and my server is off due to tinkering. From your message, It shouldnt be too long till its back up.

The bases not saving is a bummer. However It looks like v1.1 will be out pretty soon. It will be nice once everything is sorted out. Once 1.1 is out we'll get it added to the control panel.

I have not actually seen how SS have their TC Admin setup. That is the great thing about TC Admin, there are many ways you can configure it. Some people mark it off as generic but it does provide a lot of flexibility if used correctly.

ACP should be back up. We're pushing some game server migrations through the system which bogged down the monitor. All should be well now.

Its back it, Abit slow, But its up. Maintenance is a must.

Question - Is it possible to change the loading screen with your package? We would like to change the generic 404 loading screen to our clans. I have the tutorial. All the files converted. im just not sure where the files are located. I have the pbo stripped down ready to input the location of the new loading screen which has been converted to a paa. I just dont know where to put it after conversion as there doesn't seem to be all the files and locations.

Any problem with the servers? Dunno if it's me or if it affects others but the server seems to have network problems, the internet traffic comes in but it doesn't go out like there's a firewall blocking it in the middle. Anyone?

Its back it, Abit slow, But its up. Maintenance is a must.

Question - Is it possible to change the loading screen with your package? We would like to change the generic 404 loading screen to our clans. I have the tutorial. All the files converted. im just not sure where the files are located. I have the pbo stripped down ready to input the location of the new loading screen which has been converted to a paa. I just dont know where to put it after conversion as there doesn't seem to be all the files and locations.

I believe if you extract the mission file and look in the descriptions.ext you will find it in there. I don't know exactly what it's called but I believe it might be nicepic.paa.

If you can't get it to change there, try asking over on www.404games.co.uk.

Any problem with the servers? Dunno if it's me or if it affects others but the server seems to have network problems, the internet traffic comes in but it doesn't go out like there's a firewall blocking it in the middle. Anyone?

I believe Lee has got this sorted out and shot you a message on Skype.

It was a bit of a strange one. Somehow the MAC address assigned to the IP was altered which stopped the IP from working correctly. After updating the MAC address it started to function again.

Edited by Matt - Vilayer

Hive Update: At approximately 3am GMT there will be hive downtime for DayZ Package servers on the Vilayer Hive. The downtime will range from 15 minutes to 1 hour. We are setting up MySQL Replication for Westcoast, Dallas, New York, Canada, France, Strasbourg and Luxembourg. There will be no data loss as a result of this change but servers will be unable to connect to the hive during this time.

DayZ Package 1.7.5.1: We have been behind schedule this week due to the migration of all of our Master Servers to a more central location between our US and Europe networks. We are beginning work on updating DayZ Package servers to 1.7.5.1 right now. The update will be released later tonight.

We will also be starting the process of updating all Vilayer created maps to make them compatible with 1.7.5.1. These maps include Fallujah, Lingor, Panthera, Takistan, Utes and Zargabad. These maps will not be included in tonight's update. There will be a follow up update in the coming days via TC Admin for the server side files and updates via DayZ Commander for client side files.

These are physical cores not HT cores right?

They're physical cores which is why we only allow up to 4 cores to be purchased.