spex

Vilayer.com - FULL Source File, FTP and Database Access | Fully Customizable | BEC | 16 Maps | Epoch

no7cza.png

Locations:
We offer 19 locations in the USA, Canada an Europe to ensure no matter where you live there's a location perfect for you.

10z332g.jpg

28s5wue.png

Our DayZ Package offers a perfect combination of ease of use and the ability to FULLY customize your server. Those new to running servers will find the package easy to learn and user. Those with advanced knowledge will find they have access to everything they need to customize ALL aspects of their server.

This one package gives you two hive configurations to pick from. Change from one to the other with the push of a button.

Vilayer Hive

You have the option to connect your server to the Vilayer hive. One of the largest central hive databases outside of the official DayZ Hive.

This options gives you the same server to server persistence as the official hive. Player can join your server while maintaining their same character from the previous server.

Using the Vilayer hive allows you to have a customized server without the complexity of dealing with the database. We do that for you while giving you an array of tools to customize you server. Pick how many vehicles spawn, pick from 15 maps, set a default loadout, set schedules for server cleanups and vehicle spawning.

Private Hive Database

You also have the option of running your own private, dedicated MySQL server. This is not a slice of a bigger server like other hosts provide. This is your own private MySQL server that you have FULL root control of. You are not restricted in anyway.

The Private Hive Database option also opens up the server files to you. They are yours to customize anyway you choose. All files are easily editable through the control panel or FTP. This gives you the power to customize all aspects of your server.

This option also gives you access to our custom designed, fool-proof MySQL tools.

30axkwz.jpg 18c39j.jpg 2zfuc7b.jpg 2nqadee.jpg

21deuqw.jpg 2qu883r.jpg

Server File Access

Along with this you have unrestricted access to all server source files needed to customize your server. The 2 major files being the dayz_server.pbo and mission.pbo. Although almost all other files are available for you to tweak.

All server files exist on the server in a decompiled state. You have the ability to edit each individual sqf file directory through the control panel. When you start your server your edits are compiled into their respective pbo files. There is no need to download the file, extract the pbo, make you edits, recompile and upload. Simply open the file, edit and start your server.

We have customized our control panel to provide the perfect balance between features and ease of use. This means you can quickly customize your server and have it up and running without being overwhelmed by options you do not need.

20zwwtc.jpg 24wamtw.jpg 339hh1k.jpg

2m8156r.jpg

347zm1e.jpg

2s0z2mx.png

Edited by Matt - Vilayer
  • Like 6

Thought vilayer was dead by now to be honest. Dayz.st seems to have crushed them. And well vilayer support was subpar to say the least.

I figured I would mention that the comment one of the largest dayz hosts is pretty false

Dayz.st has 2269 branded servers according to Dayz commander

Vilayer has 218 branded servers according to Dayz commander

Now yes I understand that not all servers are branded but I know for sure that vilayer does not have another 1000 unbranded servers, hell I doubt they have 200 more unbranded servers.

Another false statement is saying that you have the largest hive, Dayz.st holds that crown. Now if you want to get technical and say ohh well most amount of user data. Hfb holds that crown as they host the official dayz hive.

Seems to me like a last ditch effort to get customers to a company that many people left. Hell dayz commander even left.

My only assumption to why commander left is either the download servers sucked, which they did at the time or you did not hold up some sort of deal with the commander guy, as there was an affiliate link on the rent a server button, maybe not paying him what he was owed? Not sure as I can only assume things.

Oh and just figured I would mention that you are not the first to offer a vps style dayz thing, I had one from hfb about 5 months back before they discontinued them just saying.

So all in all this post is full of lies and statements in a ditch effor to save a dieing company.

Edited by jambler69
  • Like 2

One thing that is right is that they are one of longest server providers, they are second only to hfb.

The Vilayer offering sounds interesting, I have a server currently on Dayz.st, but find it quite restrictive, so the dedicated server could be just the ticket!

I just wish your Wasteland 50man Servers were not double the price of a 50man DayZ.St DayZ server. Even with the coupon code its double the price. Thats pricey to say your connection and hardware is the same as DayZ.st, The game is practically the same. Adding double the price because you have the only 404wasteland hive is awful business.

Thought vilayer was dead by now to be honest. Dayz.st seems to have crushed them. And well vilayer support was subpar to say the least.

I figured I would mention that the comment one of the largest dayz hosts is pretty false

Dayz.st has 2269 branded servers according to Dayz commander

Vilayer has 218 branded servers according to Dayz commander

Now yes I understand that not all servers are branded but I know for sure that vilayer does not have another 1000 unbranded servers, hell I doubt they have 200 more unbranded servers.

Another false statement is saying that you have the largest hive, Dayz.st holds that crown. Now if you want to get technical and say ohh well most amount of user data. Hfb holds that crown as they host the official dayz hive.

Seems to me like a last ditch effort to get customers to a company that many people left. Hell dayz commander even left.

My only assumption to why commander left is either the download servers sucked, which they did at the time or you did not hold up some sort of deal with the commander guy, as there was an affiliate link on the rent a server button, maybe not paying him what he was owed? Not sure as I can only assume things.

Oh and just figured I would mention that you are not the first to offer a vps style dayz thing, I had one from hfb about 5 months back before they discontinued them just saying.

So all in all this post is full of lies and statements in a ditch effor to save a dieing company.

Hello Jambler69,

As always everyone is entitled to their opinion however a lot of the stuff you have stated is incorrect and my thoughts are you have only registered on this forum for the pure purpose of creating a bad image.

However to respond to your post i have a few answers,

Vilayer LTD currently hosts 3000+ game servers for a large amount of games not just DayZ or Arma based games however we do happen to host over 1k of Arma2 servers not just DayZ.either.

Branding removal is often used by our clients and our clients also purchase other forms of services to host their own version of the mod etc...

It is not a false statement, we do have the largest single PRIVATE hive to my knowledge and to get technical HFB Servers hosts the offical hive of which they do not own the offical hive. The term official negates the term private in such ways as PRIVATE MEANING ( LARGEST SINGLE PRIVATE HIVE DATABASE ).

With over 800 servers connected to the single database it's going quite well in my opinion.

This is nothing about effort, this is about providing customers the best service we possible can, as i am sure a lot of our customers will agree.

To my knowledge no one has provided the same service as this VPS style hosting, The hardware, operating system, network etc... is completely different as to what other companies may have hosted. The para-virtualization technology is of a different standard than the original XEN based services that HFB offered although the prospect that had was very good.

All i can say is that registering on this forum to slander us down and call us liers is completely unfair!

One of the things i take very seriously is the valued custom of my customers and the relationship we have with our clients. I can-not stress enough how much time i have spent with clients to ensure they get the best service possible and that they enjoy the service we offer them. Offering them full customization, Making sure they have the tools to do what they need in the best possible way etc...

To my knowledge i can-not tell even if you have been a customer of Vilayer LTD and on that basis alone have no right to pre-judge us as a company or to pre-judge any company that is currently hosting DayZ or any other form of service.

DayZ.st / HFBServers / Survival Servers are all very good companies in their own right and it's good to have friendly business with them. I don't pre-judge any of them companies and they are great at what they do.

DayZ Commander - moved his file servers and affiliate link down on his own decision, It's his program and his development if he wants to move stuff around he is free to do so, speculation on what ever your thoughts are is completely un-warranted.

One thing i find really apparent is ones urge to speculate and stir which again causes so many issues within the community, you may like other companies, you may dislike Vilayer LTD i don't quite understand why you would happen to dislike us but from my point of view, you've never been a customer so and it seems and you like DayZ.st which is great but just because you happen to like other companies doesn't mean you should slander it's competition.

I like Jaguar cars over Ford but i don't slander and speculate Ford down for example...

Anyhow i am not causing an argument just speaking in our defense and i hope that in the future we can have a relationship that is not based upon speculation.

If anyone wants to contact me with any question here is my skype.

lee.netarus,

Edited by Lee-Vilayer
  • Like 1

I have an unbranded Vilayer server, yes I have had problems but I am generally happy with it.

Not sure that tent/vehicle/player map would be a popular idea for your dedicated package though? who would want to play on a server that could possibly be abused by admins and have your gear looted?

• Like 1

Thank you,

Well we go to great measures to ensure the security of our global hive. The ACP and other items are always being worked on to ensure that you are getting all the tools that we can possibly give you without compromising the databases security.

With the new Dedicated DayZ Package you own and manage everything giving you much more control over what the DayZ Package can give you.

The only issue with the DayZ Package is that it has to be stable for customers and also a fair environment to users to use hence why we can-not just give out final database access.

I thank you for submitting your post though much appreciated!

• Like 2

Well.... Lets see....

jambler69

Member Since Today, 01:09 AM

2 posts...

Just another Troll account to try and bash a company offering a great product.

Wonder if the mods will pick up on this and make an example of it.

Edited by Leadcatcher22
  • Like 1

I've had the worst possible experience with Vilayer, my server was alive for 2 days.. then i run run run away from it, and landed on DayZ.st that was age ahead for support and server realibility. That was back in the age when Vilayer was the most common used host, while DayZ.st were emerging.

I would like to revaluate Vilayer nowaday, i hope that their lack of support of customers loss have teached em how to run a hosting service, ironically the same is happening to DayZ.st today: i've said great things about them until a month ago, now they have so many customers that if you're needs are a little over the very basic needs (putting a server online and forget about it) you're basically screwed: DayZ.st today is only "working" to acquire more and more customers, while the support is not near to what they offer months ago.

I believe there's no "definitive" hosting, they start good, they ends to be bad because they cannot cope with the user demand. This is the sad reality.. when i've finished with DayZ.st i will probably try again Vilayer, at least i can edit my f banlist with them! eheh ... but my hopes aren't that high tbh.

• Like 1

Can you explain this please?

Process Priority

Normal free

High €2.50EUR

Realtime €5.00EUR

Edited by LOLinDayZ

I took over the reigns of the trickery server from another guy who got snowed under with work so I had to start afresh and create an account with vilayer myself in November.

The guy before me had lots of issues with vilayer ACP, I myself had a few issues, mainly when I first started out.

Issue 1: Like a noob instead of ordering a vilayer hive server I ordered a DayZ public server. This was swapped fairly swiftly after I raised a ticket (same day)

Issue 2: 24th November .. couldn't start server, apparently vilayer were having problems at the time and having Dos attacks.. was dealt with and I was given a week extension to my server

issue 3: 3rd December ..vehicles were saving, tents weren't. A vilayer code update fixed it

issue 4: 11th December ..ACP was being an arse, server kept shutting down, install was corrupt somewhere and I was pretty miffed as I work long hours and couldn't be there all the time to try uninstalling/.reinstalling/testing and neither could my admin due to Uni work. John Smith (J.B on Teamspeak) reinstalled it and got it all running correctly for me, infact it was his customer service that was the reason I renewed that month after a pretty poor start.

issue 5: 13th January ..."migrating servers in Europe onto better hardware"...I thought here we go again and posted a thread on this forum asking about other users experience with vilayer but it has been absolutely fine since that migration and everything works as it should and ACP is much improved imo.

it looks like I have had alot of problems but a couple of them were probably down to my noobishness.

I don't pester them with tickets and DO NOT put EVERYTHING as high priority and expect a response within a minute. I stay calm and polite when writing a ticket, and it gets dealt with accordingly I can't grumble at the service and at the end of the day the service is pretty damn cheap.

It was supposed to be a community funded server, and was while the other guy ran it.

I took up the reigns when my community sort of got pissed off with DayZ so apart from one donation which covered half the cost of a month I have been footing the bill myself, which with vilayer is actually affordable. (Don't tell my Mrs though!)

Edited by wooly-back-jack

I've had the worst possible experience with Vilayer, my server was alive for 2 days.. then i run run run away from it, and landed on DayZ.st that was age ahead for support and server realibility. That was back in the age when Vilayer was the most common used host, while DayZ.st were emerging.

I would like to revaluate Vilayer nowaday, i hope that their lack of support of customers loss have teached em how to run a hosting service, ironically the same is happening to DayZ.st today: i've said great things about them until a month ago, now they have so many customers that if you're needs are a little over the very basic needs (putting a server online and forget about it) you're basically screwed: DayZ.st today is only "working" to acquire more and more customers, while the support is not near to what they offer months ago.

I believe there's no "definitive" hosting, they start good, they ends to be bad because they cannot cope with the user demand. This is the sad reality.. when i've finished with DayZ.st i will probably try again Vilayer, at least i can edit my f banlist with them! eheh ... but my hopes aren't that high tbh.

Hey Walker,

As you can imagine i am extremely sorry for any service related issues you may have had and i am inviting you to add me on skype at lee.netarus i will provide you a completely free server for 6 months for compensation for any issues that may have occurred in the past.

As you can imagine with us being the largest DayZ provider back in the day and we're still a very large provider of all services including DayZ, we got a little bogged down with issues and the huge demand on support, We've invested a huge amount into new staff and resources to ensure that issues like that do not happen again.

Please contact me and i'll resolve any prior issues.

So, if you're running it in realtime you are eating more of the processor and you should have to pay for it. That's is how you price shared computing resources.

The biggest problem with vilayer recently was that the private hive databases were all connected to the primary database. And the Vilayer Hive database got destroyed. I'm not overly concerned with what happened as starting from scratch is the best part of DayZ. Some of my regulars were irritated but we forge onwards.

The servers work. People play on them. And it's fine.

Hey Cody,

Unfortunately as i am sure you are aware, hacking within the DayZ community is a major problem however that issue will not happen again.

We've taken further measures to ensure that data is backed up every 15 minutes and instant roll back database manipulation has been implemented.

The next major update will be database multiplication, so there are going to be master hive servers in each location all connected to the same master / slave configuration.

The biggest issue is when hacked in data gets into the hive of which this "fresh" start has resolved all of that so we can proceed with the more major update.

If you have any other concerns though please let me know, we're about to be releasing many more features for you guys on the standard DayZ Package.

Cheers!

Edited by Lee-Vilayer

First: i've accepted the offer made to me by Lee, to test the server for 6 months (that is a huge amount of time), i'm making it clear here coz i won't be accused of licking anyone when evaluating a service, i wanted to pay for the service with the assurance that it was different of what i've experienced in the past, but he gently offered it to me for free.

So to take a different approach, i've decided to install Taviana (i'm running Namalsk on DayZ.st so i didn't wanna to have two servers with the same map), the server is still closed (i'm still costomizing it, importing the banlist, scripts, etc.), so i cannot evaluate it about the lag, ping, user load, whatever.. i'll do it in the next days/weeks when i've acquired an userbase. But i wanted to talk about the interface.

The first impression about the UI can be resumed in one word: i'm impressed! Vilayer had already a good/average web interface in place from the start but now it's beyond anything you may needs to customize your server. It's someway divided in different ways to admin your server: you can just deciding the basic setup (server name, map, whatever) and having a server running in minutes; the second level is someway similar to the old web interface, but with a lot more customizations (basically it is a frontend to the dayz settings files); and as ultimate admin tool you can remote desktop to your virtual server and do whatever you want to do with it (it's a real remote desktop, not limited, you can even surf the web from there). This approach can please the "noob" admin and the expert as well.

I believe that some of these "tools" were used by Vilayer itself, but then they have made em a little more user friendly to offer the whole package to the end-user.

I've also tested the bandwidth, i'm running the server off a french IP (The ISP is OVH) and i've measured 86mbit in download and 56mbit in upload, i guess the virtual servers (i dunno how many) are running on a shared 100mbit.

As said I'll post about the server performance as soon the server will goes public.. so far, so good.

• Like 1

glad for you, like I said they had their problems but the whole thing has improved, I had a shitty start but I'm a placid kind of guy until I know someone is taking the piss, it's a mod at the end of the day, it's hard enough for players to get their teeth into it, must be a nightmare for hosts getting blamed for every bug/security/hacker problem.

Hello LolInDayZ,

No you do not require to purchase Realtime CPU or anything like that.

The server will run just fine on standard cpu prioritization.

Hello LolInDayZ,

No you do not require to purchase Realtime CPU or anything like that.

The server will run just fine on standard cpu prioritization.

Then why is the option there, There must be a reason to sell it. If im on a node, which advertised hardware in the sale and order form. And someone else is on the same node, but with high priority bought and im on normal. Could this effect the performance of my server?

I just dont understand why you would sell something like that. If it has no effect. If it does have an effect. Then can you explain the full extent of this system and how it can effect customers.

Edited by LOLinDayZ

I have taken the plunge and ordered a 60man EU server. Whats the average setup time? And also, Paying? Where do I input bank details

It states under game servers on the front page -

• Instant Setup! - World Wide Locations
  • Quality Hardware and Network
  • Over 75 Games Supported

I Just wondered how long its gonna take

Edited by LOLinDayZ

I have taken the plunge and ordered a 60man EU server. Whats the average setup time? And also, Paying? Where do I input bank details

It states under game servers on the front page -

• Instant Setup! - World Wide Locations
  • Quality Hardware and Network
  • Over 75 Games Supported

I Just wondered how long its gonna take

Hello,

Usually setup times are between 10 and 45 minutes. It depends on the volume of servers being provisioned at the time.

If, for some reason, you haven't received a provisioning complete email, shoot me a PM with the name you ordered with and I'll get it sorted out straight away.

• Like 1