Sign in to follow this  
Mot

Buying ArmaIIco for DayZ

Hello everyone, I've been dating Day Z and War Z on YouTube a lot, and I like both but I feel like Day Z captures the more realistic approach I want in this kind of game so I have a few question which hopefully the community can help me with so I can make a decision.

So first I've read DayZ would get a standalone version, then I read it was cancelled and then I read it was delayed, so which is it?

If it was just delayed does it mean that if I buy ArmaIIco to play DayZ I would have to buy later on the standalone version?

Anyone knows an approximate date of release in the event of getting out as a standalone version?

If it continues as a mod for ArmaIIco will I have to buy the mod later on when it gets out of alpha?

If it goes MMO any chance of the standalone becoming a monthly fee type of mmo?

So my main issue is not about having to buy the game, its a good game and the devs/modders deserve the coins, but my issue is about making the mistake and having to buy it two times. I mean Arma II seems like a great game but I'm really not into pure combatsim FPS, DayZ is a FPS game but we can all agree its much more than that. I ask also for possible release dates because if its only in a few months I might buy ArmaIIco anyway and then buy DayZ standalone also, 20 euros for a few months of DayZ fun sounds like a great deal.

Hello there

1. the SA is not delayed or cancelled. There was a hope that an Alpha would be out by Xmas, but this was only the lead dev's personal target.

2.The SA is entirely separate to the MOD. Yes, if you want to play the SA you will have to buy it. If you want to play A2CO and perhaps the mod then you will have to buy that.

3.There is no release date set.

4.The MOD is free and will remain so.

5.AFAIK there are no MMO type charge plans.

I biased, but I would buy both. A2 for now and the next few months (plus all the other amazing mods) and then the SA when it comes out.

I hope this helps.

Rgds

LoK

Buy Arma2 its not like its expensive and without Dayz it is a worthy addition to any games collection...

you wont be dissapointed... and your money will go towards anything dayz related anyway...

Standalone dayz is months away, as by the looks of it Arma3...

the rest of your answers you will find within the site in a few searches,

Welcome to DayZ

Read the Stickies use the Search Function,,, make a decision, you seem a little confused about your question, let alone the game,,, and oh! welcome.

btw Orlok has more patience than a Saint.

I have watched a lot of warz on twitch, yes I had an urge at one moment to buy it but put some more thought into it. The game is a hackfest, even worse than dayz has ever been, then you have the micro transactions and broken promises and failure to fix problems by the devs. I wouldnt buy it and if someone gave me it for nothing I wouldnt play it either despite watching it on twitch tv now and again.

As for your dayz sa questions. I believe the fact it was delayed is a good thing. I t shows that they are not trying to rush it out as fast as possible just to make a few quid (just like warz has done) if you by arma2co yes you will have to buy the standalone again, you will never have to pay for the mod.

When the standalone comes out the mod will still be here rocket has said, you will have dayzmod and dayz. I think he said the mod will be more community driven at that point.

The standalone will not be expensive

Arma2oa has alot of other great free mods and missions like wasteland and too many more to mention.

How many maps can you play dayz on right now,,, ive not counted but its upwards of 10 maps

Warz is the same map, the hacker problems, the poor dev support and the money grabbing. Its ridiculous they have items for sale, when the reality is if you go spend money on them you will just end up losing them to a hacker.

No im not bias, yes I watch both being played on twitch tv.

Thanks a lot that was really helpful, if the alpha is on the months frame then I will buy armaIIco and enjoy until then the mod version.

Thanks again and see you all ingame.

For fuck sake DO NOT BUY WARZ! People bitch a lot about the hackers on dayz, but it's NOTHING compared to the bugfest they call WarZ.

I said in a post a while back there would be confusion, there needs to be more than just a thread. Some poor sods are going to be in a bad place with the wrong information.

If there is one out there with the wrong info, there will be others.