Sign in to follow this  
zzayers

Are white listed server better?

Hey i have a question when it comes to white listed servers. So far every single day when my server hits around 30+ players a hacker or multiple hackers join. This has happen every single night and day so far and sometimes its more than once. I was thinking about white listing the server but what are the Pros and Cons to this? I would appreciate help from everyone and especially people who own white listed servers!!! I'm just sick of these hackers and i have so many regulars on the server that are sick of it too.

Way less hackers but it will most likely hurt your numbers and take a long time to build a large community.

Way less hackers but it will most likely hurt your numbers and take a long time to build a large community.

Thats the thing.. our server gets up to a lot of people.. weve only had it for 3 weeks and have around 1712 unique players.. just the hackers ruin it

I would honestly go with a whitelist, but like the mod said, it does take a LONG time to build a stable community. My server went to a whitelist last week and I've just today i hit my high of players at 10, thats pretty good in one week i think. But anyways, dont expect your community to blast off to fast, It takes time and i think its worth it.

I would honestly go with a whitelist, but like the mod said, it does take a LONG time to build a stable community. My server went to a whitelist last week and I've just today i hit my high of players at 10, thats pretty good in one week i think. But anyways, dont expect your community to blast off to fast, It takes time and i think its worth it.

the thing is i have about 16 regulars on the server. some like the idea of the white listed while the others disagree.. everyone says its just to much work

Im still on the fence with making my server whitelist too. But the antihax i have get rid of 95% of the script kiddies, so I think having a whitelist would def. hurt my numbers.

Very wrong my friend, unless your using The Silent Warrior anti-hack. The other anti hack tools (dayz anti hax, gotcha anti hax, battle eye,) are useless when the kiddies use good bypasses :(

Edited by -Panda

Whitelisting is a brilliant feature to get rid of the hackers, but it comes at a cost of player numbers. My server was full the majority of the time with 60 players before I chose to use a whitelist because the mass hacker attacks were ruining our games and the server. It got to the point where there were so many hackers on it would cause the server to lagg and crash :( The whitelist solves >99% of hacker problems, but its cost was decreased player numbers. Numbers dropped from 60 to 15 (went from global rank #10 to #227, lol). It took ages to get the server popular again.

If you want a full server straight away, then dont use whitelisting.

If you want your server to be as hacker free as possible, use whitelisting, and be prepared to have a low player count until it slowly picks up over a long period of time (dependant on good advertising though).

Another option, is use The Silent Warrior Anti-Hack. Its an anti hack and admin tool that actually works. It detects when players get weapons within a specified time frame, it correctly detects teleporting, etc. It does require full database access though, so it can only be used on a private hive server where you have your own database.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Edited by -Panda