Sign in to follow this  
Malvarik

Is there a way to remove the icons from the Dayz screen?

Hello everyone i was just wondering if there is a way to remove the icons from the dayz screen (hunger,thirst,etc.) so that someone can record without having to have those on their screen.Is there a mod or something in settings that i have to change? Me and my friends wish to be able to record without these showing on the screen. Thank you for your time.

Short answer - no.

Long answer - nnnnoooooo.

Actually your wrong here mate, There is a way to remove your hud, Its been a while give me some time to look it up again, You have to edit part of your game files but neither battleye or the server kicks you for it

I guess my question here is why? Why would you want or need to hide them? Hmmmm?

I guess my question here is why? Why would you want or need to hide them? Hmmmm?

Its so someone can make a recording without them being on the screen

Or so someone can record without showing factors of hacking

dat temp blink man

Lol.....he is not trying to make a LETS play video, I think he's trying to make a record other players video, Like when I recorded for the intro for my channel I removed the hud. They are trying to creat something cinimatic not hide somethin

Lol.....he is not trying to make a LETS play video, I think he's trying to make a record other players video, Like when I recorded for the intro for my channel I removed the hud. They are trying to creat something cinimatic not hide somethin

If that's the case, use editing software that let's you crop the video. Done!

Or so someone can record without showing factors of hacking

dat temp blink man

Or maybe he wants to record cinematic gameplay. Seriously, why does everyone have to be a **** and accuse people of hacking all the time..? Get real.

• Like 1

Just turn the monitor off (default / debug) in Player Options while in-game.

Derpwashed, don't listen to him, itZ a twat.

I've been wanting to try playing with no HUD for a while now. As long as you eat and drink regularly, there's no need for the icons. I can already tell when my blood is low or when I'm bleeding. I don't play Namalsk so temp is pointless.

Me and my friends have no intention whatsoever of hacking Dayz. We just want to remove the hud so that my friend can record our new series without that showing up.

Actually your wrong here mate, There is a way to remove your hud, Its been a while give me some time to look it up again, You have to edit part of your game files but neither battleye or the server kicks you for it

I was relating to something in the options menu, not modifying your game files. Good on you though sir for offering a possible solution.

Derpwashed, don't listen to him, itZ a twat.

They removed this option a while ago. Funny that they wanted to move to no icons, thus the removal of debug, yet the end result forces people to have icons.

would also be interested in it as it can ruin certain moments when filming B) what does it matter if we remove hud

They removed this option a while ago. Funny that they wanted to move to no icons, thus the removal of debug, yet the end result forces people to have icons.

I was shocked to find the option removed completely, I wonder what the reason was !

As another one said somewhere up in the thread, set the interface resolution to large/very large and I think the icons move out of screen. When setting mine to Very Large with a 1920x1080 monitor resolution, they surely do.

As another one said somewhere up in the thread, set the interface resolution to large/very large and I think the icons move out of screen. When setting mine to Very Large with a 1920x1080 monitor resolution, they surely do.

That works. Except it moves the ammo/weapon HUD off screen too, so you can't tell which weapon is selected or the ammo you have. So, good solution for filming, not so much for playing.