Sign in to follow this  
Michaelvoodoo25

Roaming Zombies in SA

So we know there will be roaming zombies in game, so in effect nowhere is safe now. You might not be safe now hidden away up north in the woods.

Q: How are zombie spawns going to work?

A: We're probably going to spawn all zombies + loot at the start of the mission on the server to decrease lagspikes and to remove the spawning issues we had. This also allows the potential for the whole "roving zombie" crap people keep harping on to me about (seriously, I get facebooked every day with this one request).

What counter measures will you employ to get rid of them? Will you use them to lure people out or into enemy camps?

If rocket fixes the bush / tree hide trick, there will be nowhere to hide.

source: Q: Are we going to be able to hide from zombies in trees and bushes? *Here comes a swarm of zombies, I'll just sit in this bush until they give up.*

A: Yes. Although for a few months expect these new mechanics to spontaneously break and hilarity ensue

• Like 1

Well they need to make SOME way to hide, you can't fight them all the time or you'll be run down in minutes.

But that will be fun. I remember when zeds saw you and never gave up untill you killed them or lost them in a building. I remember crawling everywhere to hide from them, before they became useless and everyone ran around them like now.

that will bring genuine heart racing back into the game.

They will probably still use the same line of sight system, except that they will be in a lot more places and tracked globally by the server instead of by players setting off triggers as it is now.

Well they need to make SOME way to hide, you can't fight them all the time or you'll be run down in minutes.

Run away

• Like 1

Run away

Well you understand the word run, so the only other part of "run down" that you might have trouble with is what "down" means in the context of what I'm speaking about. It means they chase you until you die.

Hope that helped. And god damnit do I love hejibits.

Well you understand the word run, so the only other part of "run down" that you might have trouble with is what "down" means in the context of what I'm speaking about. It means they chase you until you die.

Hope that helped. And god damnit do I love hejibits.

Well, you said you can't fight them all or you get run down. I didn't hear anything about the player running away. Using the word 'Run' in your post doesn't mean that I don't understand context.

Edited by Clumzy

Well, you said you can't fight them all or you get run down. I didn't hear anything about the player running away. Using the word 'Run' in your post doesn't mean that I don't understand context.

Well I wasn't initializing a program, so "run" can only connote so many other things. I would assume if zombies are running at you, you don't stand still and pretend you're a turret... I'm arguing about the definition and use of the word "run"... I'm fucking bored :\

Well I wasn't initializing a program, so "run" can only connote so many other things. I would assume if zombies are running at you, you don't stand still and pretend you're a turret...

In my defense, that was basically the situation you described in your initial post. I simply offered an alternative to that.

^ Oh shut up guys, get a dictionary. I'll link it to you. (http://www.merriam-webster.com/)

I do believe zombies should spawn in remote locations since they can wander off in other places instead of villages, cities, small towns and bases. Not a lot, but only a few should occasionally pop out of the forests and such. :)

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 1

With roaming zombies and their ability to run indoors hopefully the Zeds become a fear factor once again.

There will always be ways to escape just not the ridiculous ways we have now.

And hopefully the best way, once again, will be stealth - or firepower.

I wonder if climbing trees will be incorporated. Bambies hiding up trees everywhere. zombies at the base waiting.

I will laugh my head off.

• Like 3

^ Oh shut up guys, get a dictionary.

Fair enough.

Well, back to the topic, I don't really want to be able to hide in trees, they just make zombies kind of a nuisance.

man, i just hope to get some fire with wind effecting it, all the bambies in trees would die, finally some new way to kill people!!!!

• Like 1

The bush thing is fixed in DayZ+ so I can't see that being too hard to fix in the standalone too. :S

New Zombies giving chase, running in buildings, and now bushes and trees won't save you.

It's deffinately going to be much harder for players trying to escape the zombies.

I cannot wait.

My last post raised a question for me, Will the buggers be able to climb up ladders? this pissed me off no end in the mod. I would like them to be fast but docile in a sense when it comes to climbing. Fair enough the higher you are the more observable you are.

I'd love also the ability for our characters to climb up on sheds and onto roof's, the coast line (Or alternative spawn points) will look mighty funny, new spawns everywhere trying to escape. Lots of waving people looking for help.

Let's hope zombies won't go pass through walls, doors and able to climb stairs along with being able to go swimming. Without that, it'd be literally impossible to run away from them since they run the same speed as us too O:

From what i've heard, some of the revamped buildings are very large and quite complex, so while buildings wont be a zombie 'reset' as they currently are, they still offer refuge in the form of a choke point from which to engage the threat, higher speed and all, they will be moving in a much more predictable fashion, what needs to be seen is just how much agro one pulls, and if the 'fight your way out' scenario is an actual valid tactic.

I hope LoS is still the same as how it is now, and Zeds can still talk to one another, it would be nice to break LoS with them inside a building bust out the other side and have them frantically looking for where you are inside, only to have one spot you through a window legging it, 'tell' the others and all come surging out behind you.

I always hated the inside building detection, I hope with new loot searching (Individual items in drawers, under beds etc) we don't eaily aggro zeds, new buildings are great and all but being able to do it with out super zombie hearing would be nice.

How many times have you gone into a building and a zed comes running in or stands outside just raRWARWAing.

Another thing, when jumping in to a game, and the zeds are roaming around, I hope when i pop into a server I don't land right smack bang into a new dead body, Unless killed via PVP, there will still be zeds there, so even then the coast will not be as safe as before.