GreenGhost

Suggestion for the DayZ Standlone : 4 SEASONS in the MONTH

Hi all.

I'd like to discuss about the posibility of implementing 4 seasons each REAL month, one per REAL week.

1st Week : AUTUMN

2nd Week: WINTER

3th Week: SPRING

4th Week: SUMMER

Starting on Monday and finishing on Sunday. With a changing weather progress, being obviously more intensive on the middle of the week (Wednes, Thurs and Friday), more hot on Summer and lowest temperature on Winter.

I don't know if climate and clothes are going to be considered as a very important challenge of surviving.

I would love it could be real cuz I think it would give this game one of the most important realistic things a game can have.

PD:There would be differents kinds of clothes, and when you create ur character, depending the day of the month it is, you will start with one or another clothes.

I'm really sorry if this topic have been spoken :(

Have a nice life !!

Edited by GreenGhost

it is awesome BUT the engine it to cope with we must find...young padawan

One week is too short. More like two weeks, or even a month for every season. But this would be pretty hard to implement. Maybe something for far down the road far after the initial release of dayz. Or even a community mod.

One week is too short. More like two weeks, or even a month for every season.

I like the idea of every month it changes or even every 2 months that way you can experience each season to the fullest and would make the game feel fresh every month or so

Rocket mentioned it would take ages to make a map with snow on, a complete overhaul would have to be taken. Every asset would have to be reworked (Snow on roofs, vehicle coverings etc)

I do not agree with this idea anyway, where is the continuity when seasons change, as you describe for example, Autumn, leaves dropping of the trees, golden brown hues, animals rare, then BANG white everywhere. It's a bit quick.

If there are goin to be Winter maps, leave them at that, let players decide which map they want to play on. they could change them as per real season if desired.