Sign in to follow this  
Snowkea

Shotgun pellet improvements

When I was using the M1014 with pellets, I noticed the spread on it is far larger than what actuall military-grade shotguns have, which looks more like this at 100m:

125323.jpg?v=1

I was wondering, are there plans to change this?

• Like 1

I do not think there are any plans to change this. In game the slugs have the spread you are looking for

But they do much less damage, which is also a bit of an issue because a slug would probably kill very quickly, but they don't.

• Like 1

100m ist quite far for pellets... In the game you can still use pellets at 200m quite efficiently, the spread is about a 2m circle and is quite deadly, well at least with vanilla hitpoints, not the DayZ superman hitpoints which is about 3x the normal value.

100m ist quite far for pellets... In the game you can still use pellets at 200m quite efficiently, the spread is about a 2m circle and is quite deadly, well at least with vanilla hitpoints, not the DayZ superman hitpoints which is about 3x the normal value.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates having to unload a full clip of an AR to kill someone.

• Like 1

shotguns are always underpowered in games unless its gears of war

I played with the config on our FEAR server once and changed the shotgun a bit because it was weak in my eyes among other weapons.....it was really deadly below 50m which was almost every distance in the game but it still didn't become the favorite weapon of the players. They still prefered spray and pray weapons...

OP, the image you posted, that is at 10m, at 100m any shotgun, even with full choke, will have a group like 1m over, and no power at all.

I do agree on the power though, up close 12g 00 buck is equivalent to being shot 9or12 times with a 9mm luger, so it should be 12k+ damage per shot at distances below 10m

• Like 1

When I was using the M1014 with pellets, I noticed the spread on it is far larger than what actuall military-grade shotguns have, which looks more like this at 100m:

http://i.crackedcdn..../125323.jpg?v=1

I was wondering, are there plans to change this?

There is NO WAY you can get such a tight pattern over 100 meters with a shotgun. No matter the choke on your barrel and shot wad your shells are loaded with. Buckshots are meant to be fired at 25-30 meters. You can keep a tighter pattern with some shotshells (Federal FLITECONTROL) at 40 meters or so, but that's as far as you can get.

Edited by Leto

OP, the image you posted, that is at 10m, at 100m any shotgun, even with full choke, will have a group like 1m over, and no power at all.

I do agree on the power though, up close 12g 00 buck is equivalent to being shot 9or12 times with a 9mm luger, so it should be 12k+ damage per shot at distances below 10m

You actually have a 100% kill probability when shooting pellets at close range in ArmA even with DayZ hitpoints, it's 2k damage? per pellet and 8-9 are coming out, so it's overdeadly to be precise.

• Like 1

You actually have a 100% kill probability when shooting pellets at close range in ArmA even with DayZ hitpoints, it's 2k damage? per pellet and 8-9 are coming out, so it's overdeadly to be precise.

I just checked, you are correct, shotgun is one shot kill in theory, I must be a crappy shot with it cause was never able to immediately kill with one shot of pellets

I'm fairly sure the picture is 100m, but I might be wrong.

I just checked, you are correct, shotgun is one shot kill in theory, I must be a crappy shot with it cause was never able to immediately kill with one shot of pellets

Maybe lag, of course from distances it's a different story. I usually shoot two or three times just to be sure enough pellets hit the target over 100m, IRL you would already use slugs at that point, but slugs are too UP imo for what they are. I actually prefer pellets over slugs since you can scatter and hit multiple people at once. My buddies shake their heads because i always try to get AKs or shotguns and would even drop a scoped rifle for them lol.

Edited by Enforcer