Joe Freedom

Warning: Background programs might get you banned

Hi everyone.

I am right now banned on ONE dayz 2017 server, although it says it is a BattleEye global ban. (EDIT: My memory betrayed me, it never stated global ban. More details in post #8)

How did that happen? Well, quite frankly, I messed up, but I wouldn't even had this anticipated even if I had thought about it. The day before logging into the server, I played Deus Ex Human Revolution, and guess what, I cheated. To do so, I first activated CheatEngine, but finding praxis points turned out to be quite hard, due to their low value and I decided to just take a trainer instead. Worked great, but after I finished and deactivated Deus Ex and the trainer, I completely forgot about CheatEngine. One of the disadvantages of Windows 8 if you've got the task bar on auto hide and start DayZ via start page. Well, cheat engine was still running, but since it was hooked up to Deus Ex and Deus Ex was closed, it was hooked up to no program at all.

Basically, when I went into the lobby of the DayZ 2017 server I play on, I was instantly kicked. (It stated I used hack #38.) Lucky for me, it's only on the one server. Also, I am in contact with one of the server's administrators. We both trying to find out if they can help me or I if I do have to contact BattleEye via the contact email adress.

Anyway: I thought I might get a warning out there, because I haven't known that before and if I did, I would have been more careful.

Programs that will you get banned, even if they merely running them in the background:

CheatEngine (1 confirmation)

Confirmed by

JoeFreedom

I simply assume there are a few programs that get you banned. If you've been banned because of another program or can confirm one already on the list, please mention it in a comment and I will update this list. Thanks.

Edited by Joe Freedom

Please refer to BattlEye's FAQ. Specifically, point 1.

Edited by Rage VG

Lol why the hell would you be running cheat engine, other than to modify or hack a games data... It is intended behavior, you may or may not be global banned.

Lol why the hell would you be running cheat engine, other than to modify or hack a games data... It is intended behavior, you may or may not be global banned.

I highly, highly doubt anyone can manage to modify anything on ARMA with Cheat Engine.

Did you even read the post, or just the title.

There is no ID included in the ban message

Reading is an ability, isn't it? I intended to hack a game. The game was the single player of DeusEx. I merely forgot to turn it off afterwards. That's an honest mistake. The interesting part is, CheatEngine was merely running, not even hooked up to DayZ. There is a list of programs you apparently aren't allowed to run. And no warning. That can't be, because you can have used them before, like I did, on another game.

Edited by Joe Freedom

There is no ID included in the ban message

Ah, forgive me. I mistook it as a Global Ban. I usually skim over it when it involves a ban since it's usually a Global Ban.

Ah, forgive me. I mistook it as a Global Ban. I usually skim over it when it involves a ban since it's usually a Global Ban.

I just looked up the exact ban message. My bad, it doesn't even mention global ban. I was mistaken. It says:

You were kicked off the game. (BattlEye: Admin Ban (BEC: GameHack #38))

Funny thing is the writing of BattlEye. Leaving out the "e" from battle, is that normal for Battle Eye?

I just looked up the exact ban message. My bad, it doesn't even mention global ban. I was mistaken. It says:

Funny thing is the writing of BattlEye. Leaving out the "e" from battle, is that normal for Battle Eye?

No, it's actually called BattlEye. If it says "Admin Ban", that means an admin had purposefully banned you.

Warning: Background programs might get you banned

Lol, of course, if these "background programs" are in fact cheat programs.

Also, you don't get a global ban for having CE open. You get a GameHack kick and that's about it. Even though admin tools like BEC will auto-ban you from this server (or all BEC servers, depending if it's streaming or not).

I don't have to explain why you get kicked for CE, do I? It's a cheat program and if someone knows how to use it, he can do a lot of stuff with it. In fact, CE is a quite powerful hacking program.

No, it's actually called BattlEye. If it says "Admin Ban", that means an admin had purposefully banned you.

That's also odd. Because the last time I've been on that server, everything's been fine. I logged off normally and I was alone, so I couldn't even piss off some admin. And the next time I logged on, I've been kicked instantly, much to fast for a human to react, I assume.

It's an automated server admin kick/ban for having CE open.

Gamehack #xxx bans are done through BEC (Battleye Extended Controls), a server admin tool.

BEC is not affiliated with Battleye whatsoever and these bans can be lifted by the server admin. See http://ibattle.org for more information.

Edited by smasht_AU

I highly, highly doubt anyone can manage to modify anything on ARMA with Cheat Engine.

Before fancy dancy scripts and bypasses, how do you think you did it? The first hackers used cheat engine to do everything.

Lol, of course, if these "background programs" are in fact cheat programs.

Yea, I am not whining about it, but infact I try to create a list. Let's say CheatEngine gets you banned. Pretty harsh, but I do get it. So what's about packet sniffer? There's always a packet sniffer running on my linux pc. Lucky for me, I have never played DayZ on Linux. Don't even looked up DayZ's wine rating. So, packet sniffer will get you banned, too? And what other possible malicious programs that can be used for non-malicious purpose? Just thought a list might be nice, so we don't have to play Russian Roulette with administrative programs.

I just had another thought. It might be helpful to create a DayZ starting .bat. A bat that uses the Windows PowerShell to look up the pslist and look for CheatEngine and all other possible programs that get you banned and if found, it should give you the option to kill them.

Should be pretty simple. I'd know how to do it on as a .sh. But I've never looked into .bat. So, anyone willing to do this with a .bat? I don't know when I will have some spare time to look into it.

In sh, it would look something like that:

ps -x >> .processes
grep CheatEngine .processes >> .found
rm .processes
if .found exists then give option to kill pid from .found OR exit 0 AND rm .found AND restart .sh
else start dayz commander / six launcher / ARMA2OA.exe

Can somebody do that as a bat?

I did wrote to battleye 1 week ago. I still did not get a answer from them. I also got global banned. I purchased the game 2 weeks ago with the intentions to play it and have fun. some people sayyour key is stolen when u get global banned. what do we do now ? I bought arma2 oa just to play dayz mod only.

help please.

I did wrote to battleye 1 week ago. I still did not get a answer from them. I also got global banned. I purchased the game 2 weeks ago with the intentions to play it and have fun. some people sayyour key is stolen when u get global banned. what do we do now ? I bought arma2 oa just to play dayz mod only.

help please.

Only Battleye can help you. No-one here can.

Guest Dwarden

you ignore the fact you were kicked and not globally banned ...

guess that clearly shows BE detected program which use might lead to abuse and as result you were forced out of the MP session ...

it's up to the server admin(s) to give you benefit of doubt and ban/unban You ...

Cheat Engine is as powerful as any hack. But is normally used to figure out the memory regions and pointers to said regions to make simple SP trainers and cheat in SP games.

Still, it was detected as running in the background and the server added you to it's ban list.

The only thing you can hope for is getting in touch with the server admin to have him unban you but i find that highly unlikely. Server admins have their panties in a bunch most of the time.