{GBYC} EvilBunny

GREAT SERVER, BALANCED, FRIENDLY, TRY US --> Devils Castle Will Fall | DayZ 1.7.6.1 | [GBYC] - New Abandoned Cities | Alt Loot Tables | Sidechat on

Server Changes  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Day&Night Changes with Streetlights

• Keep current setup 1.5Hrs night 6.5Hrs day every restart
    • Use setup of 3Hrs night and 5Hrs day every restart but add streetlights
    • Extend Night but dont add streetlighting.

fair point.... i am for realism too and tbh i never looked at it from that point of view.. altho i might add generators to the cities that you can activate by adding fuel to them for temp lighting... that the last remaining people used before they died off :P

I like that generator idea. Multiple generators (depending on city / village size) that can restore light to certain city / village sections perhaps ?

I like that generator idea. Multiple generators (depending on city / village size) that can restore light to certain city / village sections perhaps ?

i will look into it as lights are easy enough to add in.. there are 10s of ways to do it based upon player location etc.. however a whole new model will be alot more complex and more than likely require dayz_code.pbo changes which i refuse to do as it requires client side update/files changing.. thats why rmod was removed to stop players being responsible for getting content to allow them to join.... so will have to see... as an idea its great altho it may be tricky in practice to implement. shall see.

How about keeping day/night as it is but illuminating cherno and elektro a bit for new players?

the two power plants in cherno have switches, however it does nothing, im sure you could figure somthing out

the two power plants in cherno have switches, however it does nothing, im sure you could figure somthing out

i did not know that... hmmm i might have a look... see if i can come up with some scenario/event that required a family to be rescued from the pub in cherno before the power fails :)

lol could be a laugh but i would need to up zomz to make it harder but then cherno become Vhard for new spawns so cnt do that lol.. i will think on it.

I have altered the event code too so that every death during an event your humanity will be reset to base 2500. I will sort out those that lost hero skins manually afterwards. However for now at least the entire server player base that plays the even wont be running around in bandit skins when its not a warranted bandit skin.

Edited by {GBYC} EvilBunny
  • Like 1

Sorry i didn't post up after (hacker incident) the other day but, i just feel so bad that i couldn't figure out all the crazy stuff that happened that day, and i was feeling low and ashamed.

First off all i apologize for any inconvenience that happened that day for all the people that were on the server.

I Had no idea what he had or was capable of so all the kills seemed legit, i was not to know he had these silenced explosives and i am in no way connected to him whatsoever we had just been playing for the past few hours.

so to all the people that play on the server i'm only going to say this once, i'm no hacker and i'm a friendly person (Abit crazy) but i just like to have fun, and for someone to hack in DayZ to me is just Low.

So again i apolagize to all players that were affected and all is forgiven i hope.

i play completely legit and have even helped a majority of the people new and old to the server

Omg freaking out. I just dumped my dmr and like 8 dmr mags in a chopper To go pick up another dmr from barracks and the server went down as I ran away from chopper. What happened man? Still not back up 10

Minutes later?

Omg freaking out. I just dumped my dmr and like 8 dmr mags in a chopper To go pick up another dmr from barracks and the server went down as I ran away from chopper. What happened man? Still not back up 10

Minutes later?

5am for me muka sry i cudnt do owt .. will check it wen i get to wrk in 30... sounds to me like server decided it was being attacked. So it cuts all open connex for an hour.... will look into it this morning thanks for ur patience tho mate.

Minutes later?

5am for me muka sry i cudnt do owt .. will check it wen i get to wrk in 30... sounds to me like server decided it was being attacked. So it cuts all open connex for an hour.... will look into it this morning thanks for ur patience tho mate.

Someone tried to attack the server itself. :(

sigh...

nothing was affected but as a result it gives itself a timeout of minimum 30mins :(

sorry about that mukka but thanks for letting me know..

I am sure you guys would rather it die for 30mins than the server be out for 4-5days while it gets cleaned and rebuilt lol

Just to reiterate really.... no damage or data loss was caused by last nights attack (well early hours of this morning).

I appreciate everyones understanding about the 30-40minute downtime. Cyas all again tonight.

What is the average player count on this server?

hey mate. thanks for the interest.

well its been 5days since we took rmod off and numbers have been steadily climbing.

depends on the day though to be honest..

if its quiet 3-5 people

it its event day on friday up to 20.

normal night but fairly busy then its about 10-15

they are just an idea for you.. hope to see you join us though and bring some friends... really trying to establish a good stable community with the knowledge that we handle hackers promptly and take care of our player base.

again cheers for the interest mate.

Hey man all good. My stuff was there it didn't even seen to restart. All that came up was you were kicked. And both servers on that ip were nowhere to be seen. But all good. Got my dmr back lol. Crisis avoided

Someone tried to attack the server itself.

sigh...

nothing was affected but as a result it gives itself a timeout of minimum 30mins

sorry about that mukka but thanks for letting me know..

I am sure you guys would rather it die for 30mins than the server be out for 4-5days while it gets cleaned and rebuilt lol

That's a good thing man. No harm done. However as far as I was aware I was the only one on the devils instance and there were 2 others on the newbie one.

Hey man all good. My stuff was there it didn't even seen to restart. All that came up was you were kicked. And both servers on that ip were nowhere to be seen. But all good. Got my dmr back lol. Crisis avoided

That's a good thing man. No harm done. However as far as I was aware I was the only one on the devils instance and there were 2 others on the newbie one.

both servers on that ip???? ahhh we may have an ip conflict somehow ... new server i am creating and setting up for our webpage and own forum my have stolen ip before i static set it... either way i will do an ip search make sure ours is unique or i will obtain new one anyhow.

hey mate. thanks for the interest.

well its been 5days since we took rmod off and numbers have been steadily climbing.

depends on the day though to be honest..

if its quiet 3-5 people

it its event day on friday up to 20.

normal night but fairly busy then its about 10-15

they are just an idea for you.. hope to see you join us though and bring some friends... really trying to establish a good stable community with the knowledge that we handle hackers promptly and take care of our player base.

again cheers for the interest mate.

Just to point out, in the months I've been playing on this server this is the first occasion I've seen any hacker/attack event. And there's no doubt that in the event of data being disrupted the admins would have fixes me up with my gear again. Ill be on first thing in the morning AUS time. If anyone's still about at that time approx 10pm GMT I would be super grateful if I could get a blood transfusion at the nwaf. Got 1200 blood lol

Definitely unique... maybe our host that we use atm while ours is in production accidentally duped the ip. our server would still count it as an attack and block all connections... meh either way all is good and the interuption was a mere 25mins i can see from logs so should be fine.

Just to point out, in the months I've been playing on this server this is the first occasion I've seen any hacker/attack event. And there's no doubt that in the event of data being disrupted the admins would have fixes me up with my gear again. Ill be on first thing in the morning AUS time. If anyone's still about at that time approx 10pm GMT I would be super grateful if I could get a blood transfusion at the nwaf. Got 1200 blood lol

hee hee ofc mukka.. cheers for that :P i will be about tonight if you need a transfuse.

both servers on that ip???? ahhh we may have an ip conflict somehow ... new server i am creating and setting up for our webpage and own forum my have stolen ip before i static set it... either way i will do an ip search make sure ours is unique or i will obtain new one anyhow.

Yeah? If you go remote and put ip and port in it displays 2 "servers" to play on

Yeah? If you go remote and put ip and port in it displays 2 "servers" to play on

getting confirmation on this now.. be back with an answer within 30mins

Definitely unique... maybe our host that we use atm while ours is in production accidentally duped the ip. our server would still count it as an attack and block all connections... meh either way all is good and the interuption was a mere 25mins i can see from logs so should be fine.

No big stress mate. I was just having a mini freak out at the time because I didn't know what was happening and I'd just seconds before dropped my gun lol

No big stress mate. I was just having a mini freak out at the time because I didn't know what was happening and I'd just seconds before dropped my gun lol

program you using btw?? sixupdater?? or dayz commander or built in arma2 search

Edited by {GBYC} EvilBunny