Sign in to follow this  
Dabaroony

SA - Tracer rounds as an item

Had the idea of making tracer rounds an item instead of a setting, the thought being that they could be slightly more common for hunting/sniper rifles due to use in training and sport shooting, meaning if you only had tracers then you have to be sure your shot being seen won't matter. Implemented as a sort of a PvP balance.

Thoughts?

Personally i would find this annoying (I find tracers in general annoying) but if they seek to add it in I suppose it wouldn't be a deal breaker however i would prefer they didn't, as for it making it harder to snipe... lets be honest if you miss with a shot you will be found anyways just the muzzle flash and the noise of the shot is enough.

Yeah I Agree with above. There are already way to many giveaways as to the location of a sniper, for example noise,muzzle flash and dirt kickup.

I know that atleast in the RM we carried only 2 or 3 tracer rounds for target id's, nothing more, they would be pretty limited.

Personally i would find this annoying (I find tracers in general annoying) but if they seek to add it in I suppose it wouldn't be a deal breaker however i would prefer they didn't, as for it making it harder to snipe... lets be honest if you miss with a shot you will be found anyways just the muzzle flash and the noise of the shot is enough.

Considering that the entire idea was meant to be an annoyance to snipers, I'll call this positive feedback.

Muzzle flash and noise only matter if the shot was fired within audible range directly in your field of view.

Considering that the entire idea was meant to be an annoyance to snipers, I'll call this positive feedback.

Muzzle flash and noise only matter if the shot was fired within audible range directly in your field of view.

Indeed it would be an annoyance to snipers, however as for audible range, I don't know about you but i can hear a sniper shooting at me from 1000m (i know the range because my friend was behind him and told me) Plus if they did add them and i decided to go sniping i would probably just avoid using those rounds period thus making them semi useless to anyone who knows to just not use them and by extension not making them annoying.

Indeed it would be an annoyance to snipers, however as for audible range, I don't know about you but i can hear a sniper shooting at me from 1000m (i know the range because my friend was behind him and told me) Plus if they did add them and i decided to go sniping i would probably just avoid using those rounds period thus making them semi useless to anyone who knows to just not use them and by extension not making them annoying.

I don't know about you, but I've been tagged with more than one 12.7mm round at well over 1km away. As far as your personal choice of ammo goes, this comes with the assumption that you would have regular rounds to use, as well as the assumption that everyone plays the game the same as you.

Furthermore, by your logic of ignoring tracers, would it not make sense in the game world for them to be slightly more present, as other survivors would come to a similar conclusion? (I'd rather have a can of chili, but seeing as how everything's been looted already, I'll likely have to settle for some Vienna sausages).

Almost nobody uses tracers for shooting, most shooting ranges ban their use as well, and snipers don't use tracers.

• Like 1

I don't know about you, but I've been tagged with more than one 12.7mm round at well over 1km away. As far as your personal choice of ammo goes, this comes with the assumption that you would have regular rounds to use, as well as the assumption that everyone plays the game the same as you.

Furthermore, by your logic of ignoring tracers, would it not make sense in the game world for them to be slightly more present, as other survivors would come to a similar conclusion? (I'd rather have a can of chili, but seeing as how everything's been looted already, I'll likely have to settle for some Vienna sausages).

I'm not saying everyone wouldn't use them but i would think a good bandit would be smart enough to use regular rounds, Also why wouldn't regular rounds be in existence? with the over abundance of military bases Chernarus has, and the inevitable gun stores of Chernarus+. As far as presance of tracer rounds there would be a lot less than regular rounds due to the fact that Chernarus is/was a war zone. (FYI i don't play as a bandit just thought being a bandit and not being seen is common sense?)