Guest Dwarden

BattlEye server side filters [update]

Guest Dwarden

Warning:

Latest BE filters : http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/139058-battleye-server-filters-for-dayzmod-1771

below BE filters are DEPRECATED since 1.7.7 : http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/139058-battleye-server-files-for-dayzmod-177/

since DayZ release I keep adding & updating BattlEye filters for DayZ dedicated servers

BattlEye now supports definition of 18 filter files, while 17 are server side related

if anyone forgot or isn't aware of it's existence , actual location is still at :

https://code.google..../browse/filters

these filters started as proof-of-concept and evolved to default filters set

these filters try to cover majority of script kiddies abuse , especially remote type (as local always can be hindered)

these filters aren't perfect so mistakes might happen (bug me on IRC / email etc. if you sure there is mistake and have proof about your claim)

these filters can't cover everything due to being used by many default servers

- as many admins might add / remove what they need depending on the modifications / missions they use or more aggressive level of detection etc.)

note: I'm not responsible nor care about the community ban-list located next to the filters

p.s. sticky thread on BIForum related to these features http://forums.bistud...ogging-Blocking

p.p.s. and yes I do work for BI :)

Edited by Dwarden
  • Like 14

I am going through all of this now, I had done all of this when it came out and should have followed more closely I suppose but so much else to focus on...

I noticed quickly going through the scripts there is no references to pastor or butterfly, or eagle... I don't know if those get used or not but if people spawn into seagulls why not the other animals?

FYI I had a guy spawn 5 pastor's on my server the other day but I have no idea if that means he skinned himself like that or spawned a dog on the server that was running around or what...

There is frankly a BOAT load I don't get about the hacks and scripts and the game/server mechanics... I'm a newbie to all of this...

Can these new scripts prevent:

Dogs being spawned

AI Helicopter swarms being spawned

Nukes

Helicopters surrounded by buses

Mass teleports

Map Banned Vehicles being spawned in and left usable

Duplicate vehicles being created and STAYING in the hive after destruction/restart

I have ALL of these problems on my server... (i'm running createvehicle, mpeventhandler, publicvariable, remoteexec, scripts, setdamage, and setpos) and almost NO evidence of ANY of the above is left in the logs...

It's not even a super hi population server, only on the weekends does it get very busy... all the regulars who work hard all week end up either getting killed on the weekend or having all their stuff destroyed or spawned away...

I'm going to go through all of these scripts and get them up and running on my server even though I really want to focus my efforts elsewhere right now.

If you can't answer all of above PLEASE PLEASE answer this...

Why can't Admins have an IP locked BE tool that allows them spectator or some kind of more powerful tools for active admins... YES there might be abuse but I think that with active admin abuse reporting and a group of responsible admin oversight it will be a FAR FAR smaller problem than the user hacking is now.

I don't play on my server at all anymore. Hardly at all in the public hive. The few brief windows I have to actually play I just log on wherever the group I'm on TS with is going.

Guest Dwarden

first realize difference between game engine and BattlEye ...

if you want to spectate someone that's not job for BattlEye but camera system within in-game scripting or hardcoded in engine ...

setvariable.txt -> add

5 "execVM"

5 "%"

please

24.01.2013 22:39:32: John (85.225.90.216:64475) bdee8e48dea7647ee5fd157d0390f049 - Value Restriction #25 "dayzlogin2" = rs'\z\ad"";e=e+""dons\dayz_co"";e=e+""de\compil"";e=e+""e\object_se"";e=e+""tFixServe"";e=e+""r.sqf';};};0"";___v2=e;0", "0"] execVM "\ca\Modules\Functions\variables\fn_swapVars.sqf";}] 96:5 Survivor2_DZ

Thanks for your work, I'll add these filters as recommended for DayZ Anti-Hax.

• Like 1

Guest Dwarden

why I would need do that ?

the publicVariable.txt and setVariable.txt are for the names of variables

while publicVariableVal.txt and setVariableVal.txt are for the content of variables

so take notes ;)

Edited by Dwarden
  • Like 1

why I would need do that ?

the publicVariable.txt and setVariable.txt are for the names of variables

while publicVariableVal.txt and setVariableVal.txt are for the content of variables

so take notes ;)

Ah, thanks. So the ExecVM function call won't be caught?

• Like 1

Guest Dwarden

it is already , just look into publicVariableVal.txt ...

your suggestion was for wrong file ...

Edited by Dwarden
  • Like 1

All I know is I've updated these scripts and ran them all and there is almost NO increase in auto kicks/bans or reduction in cheating... Here's a little tidbit from my server console log about 10 seconds ago:

13:32:52 BattlEye Server: (Direct) BioHazarD: hi

13:32:54 BattlEye Server: (Direct) BioHazarD: press B

13:33:05 BattlEye Server: (Direct) BioHazarD: :D

13:33:21 BattlEye Server: (Direct) BioHazarD: O.o

13:33:27 BattlEye Server: (Direct) Kail: :P

13:33:28 BattlEye Server: (Direct) BioHazarD: how did you get that

13:33:29 BattlEye Server: (Direct) BioHazarD: XD

13:33:34 BattlEye Server: (Direct) Kail: .... :P

13:33:37 Player Kail kicked off by BattlEye: Failed to update

13:33:37 Player Kail disconnected.

13:34:38 Kail uses modified data file

13:34:38 BattlEye Server: Player #2 Kail () connected

13:34:38 Player Kail connecting.

13:34:39 Player Kail connected (id=76450822).

13:34:39 BattlEye Server: Player #2 Kail - GUID: 99a5c892a2420f8ced053d1dd42ab49e (unverified)

13:34:40 BattlEye Server: Verified GUID (99a5c892a2420f8ced053d1dd42ab49e) of player #2 Kail

13:36:34 BattlEye Server: (Direct) BioHazarD: LOL

13:36:37 BattlEye Server: (Direct) BioHazarD: Check this

13:36:50 BattlEye Server: (Direct) BioHazarD: LOLOLOL

13:36:58 BattlEye Server: (Direct) Kail: lol

13:37:08 BattlEye Server: (Direct) BioHazarD: Im happy

13:37:08 BattlEye Server: (Direct) BioHazarD: :D

13:37:10 Player Kail kicked off by BattlEye: Failed to update

13:37:10 Player Kail disconnected.

13:37:28 BattlEye Server: Admins should give players being kicked for "BattlEye Hack #2" or "BattlEye Hack #3" between January 15, 19:00 GMT and January 17, 13:00 GMT the benefit of the doubt. During this time these violations could have affected legitimate players as well.

13:37:58 Kail uses modified data file

13:37:58 BattlEye Server: Player #1 Kail () connected

13:37:58 Player Kail connecting.

13:37:59 Player Kail connected (id=76450822).

13:37:59 BattlEye Server: Player #1 Kail - GUID: 99a5c892a2420f8ced053d1dd42ab49e (unverified)

13:37:59 BattlEye Server: Verified GUID (99a5c892a2420f8ced053d1dd42ab49e) of player #1 Kail

13:39:11 BattlEye Server: (Direct) BioHazarD: Dude

13:39:17 BattlEye Server: (Direct) BioHazarD: I can dicinagrate buildings

13:39:19 BattlEye Server: (Direct) BioHazarD: its grate

13:39:21 BattlEye Server: (Direct) BioHazarD: great*

13:39:23 BattlEye Server: (Direct) Kail: lol

13:39:30 BattlEye Server: (Direct) Kail: Want car

13:39:35 BattlEye Server: (Direct) BioHazarD: hold on

13:40:30 Player Kail kicked off by BattlEye: Failed to update

13:40:30 Player Kail disconnected.

13:40:56 Kail uses modified data file

13:40:57 BattlEye Server: Player #1 Kail () connected

13:40:57 Player Kail connecting.

13:40:57 Player Kail connected (id=76450822).

13:40:57 BattlEye Server: Player #1 Kail - GUID: 99a5c892a2420f8ced053d1dd42ab49e (unverified)

13:40:58 BattlEye Server: Verified GUID (99a5c892a2420f8ced053d1dd42ab49e) of player #1 Kail

13:42:19 Player Skye disconnected.

13:42:27 BattlEye Server: (Direct) Kail: I HAZ A FLYING DILDO

13:42:31 BattlEye Server: (Direct) BioHazarD: LOL

13:42:41 BattlEye Server: (Direct) BioHazarD: wait

13:42:42 BattlEye Server: (Direct) BioHazarD: dude

13:42:50 BattlEye Server: (Direct) BioHazarD: check the gear of the truck

13:42:51 BattlEye Server: (Direct) BioHazarD: LOL

13:42:58 Player Kail kicked off by BattlEye: Admin Ban

13:42:58 Player Kail disconnected.

13:43:07 BattlEye Server: RCon admin #1: (To BioHazarD) You too bitch

13:43:11 Player BioHazarD kicked off by BattlEye: Admin Ban

13:43:11 Player BioHazarD disconnected.

How are people dropping cars with specific inventory in game, desintegrating building? PLEASE take the time to check out some of the videos I've posted on YouTube... Me server gets ASS RAPED every weekend in new and interesting ways it makes it pointless for a legit player to try building up a base or fixing vehicles because they will all be gone or destroyed come monday morning...

I'm really not trying to bitch but I don't understand this stuff enough and feel that the documentation and reporting system SUCKS really bad,

On top of that we are FORCED on a public hive to run BE which IMO is not NEARLY as effective as a responsible admin counter-hacking...

I got global banned for using a tool to get myself unclipped through a wall while testing a new release (and that was only because I ran it wrong or it was a 3rd party CD theft tool I have NO idea) ON MY OWN SERVER WHEN NO ONE ELSE WAS ON... NO ONE was killed NOTHING was destroyed or spawned in... I moved from inside a closed off room I clipped through (dismount bike animation clipped me through a wall to a un-enterable building)... I teleport 2 meters so I can keep testing a Build release THE NIGHT IT WAS PUT OUT... so I'm sure my players will not have major issues... and I get global banned.

For the record the "tool" I was using was "local only" IE I can't even spawn in crap that will stick or other people can use.. it ONLY affects me... yet every weekend I go running around the map someone has spawned in SUV's (not even allowed in chernarus) or helicopters flying around surrounded by a box of buses... or nukes, or AI "helicopter swarms".... NONE of which have so much as a hint to their existence in ANY of the logs that I can find...

The ONLY thing that makes catching hackers easy in the logs for me is:

1. Complete shitheads who type talk about hacking like above

2. They are dumb enough to blow up TONS of stuff...

I know for a fact that several players TP ALL AROUND the map but it doesn't get caught by any of your logs nor do they get kicked...

Again a lot of this is MY fault as I haven't taken the time to go through all this logging, scripting, and interpreting...

I add on average 5 bans a day based on what I find in the logs, but it takes a LOT of combing through and work, and I KNOW that not only am I missing a LOT of hackers. I'm fairly sure I'm COMPLETELY missing the MOST SERIOUS ONES...

I had ZERO and I mean ZERO entries for these two guys:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/118521-cifor-youtube-channel-helicopter-swarm-script-run-on-our-server/

The ONLY way I even knew something happened was I was in game and the sky went dark and ash started blowing all around (this was about 11k from where they nuked Elektro)...

I know it's long but PLEASE take the time to watch all 3 parts... THIS is what legit admins are facing and having to do in order to figure out whats going on...

I nearly died 3-4 times having to RUN down to Elektro because I don't have 1/10th of the power that a hacker does on my own server...

I am more than happy to provide you with logs and details regarding what script/log files I had running at the time... but agin ZERO entries...

That 45min. video for ONE hacking incident took:

2hrs of running

1hr of running around the town seeing WTF had happened

1hr of reviewing logs trying to see if the two guys were logged in any way I would have noticed if I wasn't on or reading the console log

2hrs of video editing to try to show how impossible it is for a caring admin to have ANY control or order on a public hive

I'm not trying to beat you or BE up. But you guys can't keep blaming DayZ and DayZ can't keep blaming you... And we as admins of public hive servers are left with 2 options...

1. Watch the public hive burn in front of our eyes despite our love for it

2. Give up and walk away

/rant.

And on a side note I want to be clear how much I do understand what a difficult task you're faced with... however I think BE and DayZ can come up with a VERY simple system to solve this...

Admins can't get or kill on their own servers and they can't be banned on their own servers...that CAN NOT be a hard thing to impliment... Shit even if it's done on the honor system the GOOD admins could sniff out the bad one's in a jiffy....

We make a list of the remaining public hives, who is admin'ing them and then start dealing with that i/o trying to ban every hacker in the universe that can just get another CD key for free or dirt cheap...

Admins left standing can split duties of keeping the un-claimed or hacker friendly public hive servers up and safe....

Keep in mind this suggestion would likely either force me out of control of my own server or force me to accept outside help as currently I am the ONLY active admin for BOTH of our servers... the private hive is all but empty so it's not much work... but the public hive is absorbing WAY too much of my time w/o help and with the way hackers are dealt with now.

I know that you are employed by BE only, but you are the main contact between BE and DayZ no?

Pretty sure DayZ Dev team would be happy to hand over Public Hive issues/security to a community group.. it's all but been stated.... and I can't imagine you like having to be one of a small group reviewing THOUSANDS of daily hack reports coming out of this game ONLY...

I think that BE focusing on logging if the Admins are cheating, then the Admins focusing on getting rid of cheating players.... we will end up with a MUCH MUCH cleaner playing field VERY shortly...

Guest Dwarden

shall be up2date for 1.7.5.1 now ... w/o warranty

and updated again

Edited by Dwarden

Guest Dwarden

one more update ...

addmagazinecargo.txt (added new boiled water, food items)

1 "food" !="FoodCanSardines" !="FoodSteakCooked" !="FoodCanFrankBeans" !="FoodSteakRaw" !="FoodCanPasta" !="FoodCanBakedBeans" !="FoodmeatRaw" !="FoodbeefRaw" !="FoodmuttonRaw" !="FoodchickenRaw" !="FoodrabbitRaw" !="FoodbaconRaw" !="FoodSteakCooked" !="FoodmeatCooked" !="FoodbeefCooked" !="FoodmuttonCooked" !="FoodchickenCooked" !="FoodrabbitCooked" !="FoodbaconCooked"

1 "Item" !="ItemSodaEmpty" !="ItemSodaPepsi" !="ItemBandage" !="ItemHeatPack" !="ItemMorphine" !="ItemWaterbottle" !="ItemWaterbottleUnfilled" !="ItemWaterbottleBoiled" !="ItemToolbox" !="ItemKnife" !="ItemWatch" !="ItemCompass" !="ItemJerrycan" !="ItemSodaCoke" !="ItemEpinephrine" !="ItemPainkiller" !="ItemBloodbag" !="ItemWire" !="ItemMatchbox" !="ItemMap" !="ItemAntibiotic" !="ItemFlashlightRed" !="ItemFlashlight" !="ItemJerrycanEmpty"

Guest Dwarden

@magyc thanks, seems fine, so i added that ...

Thanks for this!

Although within 3 minutes of getting my public server updated I logged in to see if it was up. Alt-tab'd out to check the FTP and lt-tab back in... the ONLY other player on the server teleported to me, killed me, when I joined back in... it was daylight... lol.

Guest Dwarden

did you reloaded the filters ? via

loadscripts

loadevents

BE RCON command ? or restarted server ?

also i hope You have properly enabled signatures version 2 in server config , verifySignatures = 2;

if all answers are yes, then be aware i/this can't stop every cheater and script kiddie ...

(in fact i can't cover everything from head ... especially what i do not know about ;) )

p.s. i see you post quite long , spammy and angry posts all the time ... really hard to read anything of value from those

Edited by Dwarden
  • Like 1

Thank you, Have done. Will recheck.

I know, I'm sorry, Will do better.

Seriously I know what a task you're up against and how hard you guys work at it. A lot of my frustration is out of lack of knowledge. So I should spend more time researching the scripts and security but have so many other irons in the fire it's hard to find time.

Guest Dwarden

BE filters updated again ...

Edited by Dwarden
  • Like 1

I got global banned for using a tool to get myself unclipped through a wall while testing a new release (and that was only because I ran it wrong or it was a 3rd party CD theft tool I have NO idea) ON MY OWN SERVER WHEN NO ONE ELSE WAS ON... NO ONE was killed NOTHING was destroyed or spawned in... I moved from inside a closed off room I clipped through (dismount bike animation clipped me through a wall to a un-enterable building)... I teleport 2 meters so I can keep testing a Build release THE NIGHT IT WAS PUT OUT... so I'm sure my players will not have major issues... and I get global banned.

No. You got global banned for cheating on a BE enabled server. Next time turn BE off before using hacks on your server

Admins can't get or kill on their own servers and they can't be banned on their own servers...that CAN NOT be a hard thing to impliment... Shit even if it's done on the honor system the GOOD admins could sniff out the bad one's in a jiffy....

Why? Admins can't cheat? That would be a silly thing to implement... It doesn't matter if you are an admin or not = using hacks on a BE enabled server will get you banned. Turn it off before you test hacks on your server.

Edited by TSAndrey

Guest Dwarden

ye, updated :)

What do I change in your publicvariable.txt so it only logs dayzdeath + illegal things?

I dont want these logged as it make it hard & time consuming to siv though:

09.02.2013 11:56:25: WolfOfDeath (***.***.***.**) d08f******************e9e - Value Restriction #21 "remExField" = [<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,"playmove","ZombieStandingAttack2"]

09.02.2013 11:57:05: Tobias (***.***.**) da*********************7 - Value Restriction #55 "remExField" = [<NULL-object>,,"JIPrequest"]

09.02.2013 11:55:55: AlTaIrVlAd (**.***.***.***) ed5******************582 - Value Restriction #27 "dayzCharDisco" = atchbox","ItemHatchet","AK_47_M"],["30Rnd_762x39_AK47","30Rnd_762x39_AK47","30Rnd_762x39_AK47","30Rnd_762x39_AK47","FoodCanFrankBeans","FoodSteakRaw","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaPepsi","FoodCanBakedBeans","8Rnd_9x18_Makarov","ItemBandage","8Rnd_9x18_Makarov",

In just 10 mins the log is huge, there are loads of the above (plus more) for all players.

Guest Dwarden

BE filters updated yet again ... report any troubles