Sign in to follow this  
overlander35

Oh DayZ

Oh DayZ

Hello everyone. I hope you are having enjoying the zombie apocalypse, I know I am. However, I haven't been enjoying it so much lately. Let me tell you the story. Gather around everyone.

I spawned in Elektro and raided every building before deciding to head up north. I left with a Winchester and lots of ammo, some medical supplies, and a stockpile of food in an ALICE Pack. I ended up finding a bike and driving it to Nizhnoye. While looting buildings in Nizhnoye, I was dodging zombies and one of them barely got a hit on me. This one hit INSTANTLY knocked me out and caused me to die because I was eaten by zombies while unconscious. Let me just say I was at full blood, full drink, and full health. This pissed me off but I shrugged it off and kept going. I got a lucky spawn just south of Nizhnoye and headed up to collect my things. After I had successfully collected my things, I headed up north to Berezino. In Berezino, I went to loot the deer stand just south of the city. Whilst climbing up the ladder, one of the soldier-skinned zombies hit me once and again, INSTANTLY knocked me out. Same old story, I died while unconscious. Now, I am getting annoyed. Again, a lucky spawn (I usually get Kamenka). I collect my things and make my way west to the NW Airfield. On the way, I find a motorbike which helps my cause. I arrive at the airfield about 30 minutes later, after getting a bit lost. I park my bike in a pine tree and make my way very carefully to the barracks. I sneak into the barracks and to my great joy I find an M16 Acog. I am ecstatic as I am still relatively new to the game, and this is considered amazing loot. I also pickup a G17. Now, I head east and then north to go loot the other barracks. Right as I'm entering the barracks, a zombie hits me once, and as you can probably guess, I was INSTANTLY knocked out, and of course, I died. This time, I was angry. After 2 hours of playing and finally having good gear, I die for the 3rd time in a row by an instant knockout by zombie. I had full blood, full drink, and full health every time!! Come on! Dying to a bandit, while annoying, is still a fair death. I find my deaths to have been complete and utter bullshit. Thanks for reading, I would appreciate if you left your own BS stories in DayZ. Then again, you can't blame the design team considering it's still a mod, and they are doing a great job. Anyways, thanks for reading :)

- Overlander35

P.S.: Please don't hate.

• Like 6

Strange to happen so many times in a row maybe the server might have had the zombie damage up or just a glitch but yes would be rather annoying

Maaan that sucks. But that's DayZ for you, I guess... Look at it this way... Historically, any wound inflicted by a zombie that breaks the skin generally results in death, such is the nature of the zombie virus. Better luck to you, though!

May these beans ease your woes

Oh my dayz, oh my dayz, oh my dayz tell me why?

A zombie punched me,

In the forehead,

Now I'm bleeding, timer, dying.

• Like 1

Aye the server I admin we cranked the damage on zombies up so that 2-3 hits will kill you, We like it difficult, people are scared of zombies on our server. standard vehicle spawns and starter gear tho, that extra shit is stupid that people put in thier servers

Had an M14 Aim, and was set on food, meds, etc.

Just finished repairing a car.

1 hit zombie knockout, bled to death.

30 minute run to my body to find it was gone.

At least it wasn't that bad, lol.

Well, i think you deserve a lot of beans...

If you are realy new to the game, most of the Player just disconnect if they are faceing the Death, but you didn't even the third time on a realy annoying trip :thumbsup:

I think too this was a Server with custom Zombie hit damage, cause instant nockout happens to me mabye once in two weeks ;)

Edited by Lappihuan

Thanks to everyone who has given their beans and commented! I play on a veteran server so I guess zombie damage is up, but who knows! Not much you can do :P