Daffy Ducky

DayZ Animal Suggestion

Seeing as 3rd person is being removed from the standalone, and there are quite a few players who are going to be very upset about it, as a sweetener why not add Giraffes?

...you could sit on their heads and get a buddy to run around just in front of you, this would recreate the 3rd person experience almost exactly.

Edited by wabbit
  • Like 2

acording to wikipedia:

A drop bear (or dropbear) is a fictitious Australianmarsupial.[1]

I am sorry, no. its fictitious, it isnt real

acording to wikipedia:

A drop bear (or dropbear) is a fictitious Australianmarsupial.[1]

I am sorry, no. its fictitious, it isnt real

What do you mean, not real?

Just on the yesterday, I was taking a walk through my private bannana forest when a pack of them ambushed me!

They demanded my leather wallet and that I accept their religeon!

I had no choice but to accept their culture and blend in within their society, to become one until the time was right.

I waited a fort night to make my attempt, I had snuck my gigantic 1990's boom box in my front pocket into their camp amongst the trees, and I turned it to full volume, and played the Sonic X theme on full volume, their only weakness!

This was my window of opportunity! I managed to slip past the mango statues of Wakanoah, the protectors of the sacred grounds, and made my way back to my home.

How can you say such a lie when I have gone through such a life journey?!

Seeing as 3rd person is being removed from the standalone

Wait, what? Where did you hear that? As far as I know, it's staying in.

Nah it's true they are also removing the trees and adding Soyuz rocket boosters to bloodbags for faster transfusion.

• Like 3

I think, since we are in the European areas, to add wolves. Wolves at night will force you to be more careful about how you do things.

one f*ckin' word.....wait for it....

MAN BEAR PIG

:o

uuh, that's three words

• Like 1

if you knew dayZ it has been said many times that this is not a zombie game....an INFECTION spreads throughout the population and INFECTS the population (its an infection on steroids...which is at least possible) not dead rising from the grave

Well one of the 'what if' scenarios about real 'zombies' was if rabies went airborne. Uncontrolable/unreasonable infected that can spread the infection via bite or scratch. The only good thing about that type of 'zombie' would be that anything with rabies has a 'time limit' so to speak before it dies (cant remember if its hours or days).

Back on topic, I'm pretty sure its been suggested by someone already but, add rats, mostly in cities, risk of infection but large enough to hunt/trap/kill and get a peice of meat off of them. (Rats are estimated to be one of the species of animals to thrive ((at least for a short while)) after humans 'die off', with your average dairy cow to be one of the first to go extinct after man goes.)

uuh, that's three words

Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaftskapitänsmütze....you see we can make one word out of EVERYTHING!!

Man-Bear-Pig; now your argument is invalid!

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

hey seriously...cats! and why not, like corpses with the their environmental sound of flies, introduce honey combs with an ambient noise of bees..and honey has moreover slightly antiseptic effects.

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

hey seriously...cats! and why not, like corpses with the their environmental sound of flies, introduce honey combs with an ambient noise of bees..and honey as moreover slightly antiseptic effects.

bees and honey is a good idea, bee hives would be simple to model, you could light a fire nearby to reduce the risk of being stung, a swarm of angry bees chasing a survivor would make enjoyable viewing

edit - cats, not so sure, what would they bring to the game?

Edited by wabbit

*rides around on horse* *horse gets shot* *horse falls on survivor and makes him*puts on cheap beetle glasses*.a not survivor*

edit - cats, not so sure, what would they bring to the game?

That's the difference between games with great atmosphere and blunt, empty feeling games. A game bears so much more atmosphere by introducing elements, that do not directly contribute to the game progression or progression of the character. They are just "there" to add depth, to add immersion, add more authenticity...or maybe tension or fear... How about you walk through dayz' woods in the middle of the night with your flashlights on and suddenly see the reflective eyes of a cat.

I hereby also declare:

I am not a fan of implementing all sorts of things, just to be of any use somehow. I like more little, subtle things that create "magical moments" ingame and add to immersion as well.

Hello, graveyard ? Yes, this is shitty post, i'll be there in a minute.

Hello, graveyard ? Yes, this is shitty post, i'll be there in a minute.

indeed, this is a pretty shitty post...well done

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

on topic: would be nice to have more animals wondering around the forest and attack humans not zeds. so far i've seen plenty of cows/goats standing around or walking around. we need animals like lion or pigs that chase human in the same way the zeds react.

I agree with the OP.

so in the future if humans turned into zombies, why cant koalas get infected and turn into drop bears. Allow them only to spawn at night in the woods. If it dropped on you that would be fuckin scary mang

honestly, i'd hate to see zombie animals.

it'd be too annoying in my opinion, but i'd love to see more animals walking around the streets and forests.

I would like to see dangerous animals added to the forests but the whole infected animals thing seems unnecessary. With the addition of lootable clothing for various parts of the body coming to standalone, adding the ability to loot the fur off of an animal you have gutted to make into a piece of clothing would really fit into that whole customization system. If dangerous animals were implemented they should be relatively rare.

Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaftskapitänsmütze....you see we can make one word out of EVERYTHING!!

Man-Bear-Pig; now your argument is invalid!

indeed, but he wrote it "MAN BEAR PIG"

that was what i was referring to

GRAMMAR NAZI STRIKES AGAIN BITCHES!

indeed, but he wrote it "MAN BEAR PIG"

that was what i was referring to

GRAMMAR NAZI STRIKES AGAIN BITCHES!

he was me...INCEPTION!

he was me...INCEPTION!

soo, you are saying that it was not an alternate personality?

Just a note to all the people who complain about realism the is actually a form of "Zombie" in the world right now a Small Bug that infests Bee's and takes control of the body while it lays its eggs and causes the bee to fly around randomly its only say one evolutionary cycle away from being able to turn Human's into true Zed's instead of Infected like what they are in DayZ no undead flesh eaters in DayZ only people infected with the virus and a portion of Humanity thats immune