CreepySalad

Player Skill. (This is not a leveling thread).

Maybe give a invisible xp to the person every time they do it to make it easier and easier every time they operate. A newb might shake a lot and screw up the needle or cut.

You would of course loose your xp if you die :) giving more value to the player than just his loot.

Not necessary, you would already start out bad at it, and improve after time. That's the entire point.

Not necessary, you would already start out bad at it, and improve after time. That's the entire point.

the idea itself has potential, although realizable under massive effort i'm afraid, to me personally, what it lacks is that at some point, although you've died over and over again you know everything and your character is again and again on the same level immediately....as you've learned everything in your lives before, besides the fact that you have to regain gear. but this maybe could be resolved by rarer useable loot, weapons, ammo etc.

Edited by joe_mcentire

the idea itself has potential, although realizable under massive effort i'm afraid, to me personally, what it lacks is that at some point, although you've died over and over again you know everything and your character is again and again on the same level immediately....as you've learned everything in your lives before, besides the fact that you have to regain gear. but this maybe could be resolved by rarer useable loot, weapons, ammo etc.

Yeah, it's pretty much the same now.

If you knew something before you died, you don't forget it.

And you use that to your advantage.

If you died by a sniper, you know where they are and if you should avoid them or not.

And you know where all the good loot is, where a camp you may have found was, where a vehicle you saw was, etcetera, etcetera.

It's about the player's experience.

Not the character's.

haha i know that it is like this right now... that's the change i would like to see ;)

a mechanism to better prevent a possible fading in player's experience

Edited by joe_mcentire

I found something!

Like this, but less goofy.

And no heart surgery.

I hope that's right.

I can't see it on my phone.

Edited by CreepySalad

I PISSED MY PANTS watching this!!! HAHA Hilarious!!!

Edited by joe_mcentire

Yeah, it was pretty funny.

But playing the game, although funny, is pretty cool.

There's loads of ways to go about it. Some are more effective.

You don't HAVE to use the saw. You can use the hammer, or your hands, for example.

a medical system like ACE-mod would be suitable, as it just make things more complex.

Making things more complex is always a good thing.

But "mini-games"... perhaps regarding lock-picking, that'd be quite authentic.

But nothing like DeusEx-Human revolution hacking...

It just gets annoying and is a waste of time after you did it 20, 30 times.

haha this video... rofl

(There you see: Even a shitty simulation effort would require hundrets of hours development time.

And then we are still far from anything authentic and useful.

DayZ can't be the mother of all simulations)

Reading this thread:

At first I was like,

untitle.JPG

But the I was like,

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

stop the memes please, no originality=no fun

I like the idea, but implementation would be a bummer

The simplest solution would be a menu command thingy (like now give transfusion), but more difficult, like, you would have to look at your patinet, see where he's shot, then go for like trat left leg, desinfect (with whiskey you found in ethe pub), remove bullet with multittol, clean and desinfect again, close the wound, badage, etc; = patient dies of infection becasue you didn't wash your hands first

Basically you as a player would remember the proper realistic procedures to do it, they would take realistic time, but would not require a minigame etc. not as imersive but still better than just "bandage"

I like the idea, but implementation would be a bummer

The simplest solution would be a menu command thingy (like now give transfusion), but more difficult, like, you would have to look at your patinet, see where he's shot, then go for like trat left leg, desinfect (with whiskey you found in ethe pub), remove bullet with multittol, clean and desinfect again, close the wound, badage, etc; = patient dies of infection becasue you didn't wash your hands first

Basically you as a player would remember the proper realistic procedures to do it, they would take realistic time, but would not require a minigame etc. not as imersive but still better than just "bandage"

I just think it'd be better for immersion.

But yours works too.

If this ever does get implemented, you shouldn't remove the bullet!

Nvr 4get