Sign in to follow this  
Mother Phuftbucket

Is it okay to abort when a hacker spawns on you?

I just wandering through the Forrest in the NWAF when someone just spawned there turned around proned and I dont know what he did after that because I ran out of the airfield whilst being chased by him and he had something which sounded like a shotgun but it was firing really fast. So is it okay to abort a server when a hacker spawns on you?

Edited by Mother Phuftbucket

I would say yes. However my yes means that it was actually a hacker. Not some nub that is server hopping or just actually randomly spawned in on you.

Saying he was chasing you while using "what soudned like a shotgun but much faster" makes me wonder if it indeed was just a lucky coincidence. Oh well, better safe than sorry(as long as it doesn't become a habit :) )

• Like 1

You did the right thing they thrive on grieving logging out lets us grieve them

• Like 1

It's fine, he cheated and probably has infinite health. The choices in that case are: Lose everything or Log.

• Like 1

I hear a hint of a hacker on side channel and I prepare to log out of the server and visit some other time. So if you know it is a hacker, then yes, abort, log out, shut down the game, whatever it takes to spoil the twisted idea that hacking is fun for the hacker.

• Like 1

Yes! That kept my latest character alive over the weekend. Hadda do it 3 times before they found out who it was. He even tried nuking me out in the forest but it only got my atv. lol. Good times!

I got killed by him just then and when i was trying to abort it was lagging so much. These cheaters are the biggest whimps on the planet. I had survived for almost 3 days. BattlEye is useless

Same thing happened to me and my friend just an hour ago, We where minding our own business riding an atv. Then suddenly went from a full tank of gas to empty, I looked around and their was a guy in a hero skin standing in the field pointing a gun at us. I darted into the woods not knowing he was a hacker yet, I flanked around him while my friend fired at him from behind the atv. Then I unloaded on him, A whole FAL mag into his head, He turned and looked at me and was about to shoot until my friend unloaded on him.He turned back toward my friend and started walking slowly towards him. He walks straight up to him then shoots him in the head and kills him. Then he turns and starts walking in my direction. As soon as he gets around the tree and looks at me...I abort in his face. Funny thing is...I told the server admins about it and they just laughed and ignored me, Which makes me wonder if it was one of the admins? WWWWIIIEEEERRRRDDDD (rant over)

Edited by DanielTy88

If anyone ever pops out of midair in front of you just abort. IF it was just pure luck that he was spawning in no one is going to be mad.

I wouldn't grudge anyone for logging out after having a hacker on them, no matter what. At the same time, I actually don't mind people logging off if they happen to get logged in on aswell. It's beyond their control completely, and really puts them in a bad position that is completely unavoidable. I haven't done it myself, but I have logged in on someone in a bush on the outskirts of Stary Sobor once. I could've shot him, but I let him log off because it put me at a unfair advantage, willfully or not.

Does anyone have any hack-free servers that i'd be able to join? I'm sick of playing in a server and getting all this good gear then getting killed by a hacker.

I log off right away if something funny happens eg. dancing, teleporting, really don't care if it's considered combat logging or not.

Edited by Drabik

NO. You must fight him in a fight to the death,

only using beans to kill each other.

I took only 5 and survived. You are not a true player until you do this....

I've been alive for 4 days (still going) on this particular DayZ+ server and at least once a day I survive hackers

Day1: survived a nuke

Day2: hacker took over my body (character) right when I got to the tents in Stary Sobor. I DC'd immediately.

Day3: somehow survived a black SUV w/chain gun on the roof. Only because the bastard was too greedy and started shooting at a heli overhead. (luck?)

Day3: got teleported with a bunch of other people in front of said black SUV. Managed (idk how) to log out within a second to the sound of bones cracking and minigun shots.

Day4: More SUV's with miniguns.

I survived a god mode teleporting hacker 2 days ago. He spawned on top of me with an AS50 and fired a shot but missed because I think his barrel was actually sticking through my body. My screen went white like when bullets land near you so I stood up and turned around and he was right in my face so I moved a bit and shot him 5 times in the face with my DMR, and when he didn't drop I started running around him in circles laughing at him over direct chat and he was spinning around trying to shoot me but missed every shot because he sucked so bad. Then when I heard him reloading I alt+f4'd. Sucker

• Like 1