Cpl.AJ

GLOBAL BAN THIS F*CKER! MR. FRIENDLY

Name: Mr. Friendly

Server: US 3532

Time: 9:42 PM Hawaii Time (Was night time in the server)

So this evening i got on DayZ and for some reason i was on the beach, with the bare items. bandage, painkillers etc. I thought i was on a Private Hive, Also because it had something similar to the monkey monitor. Anyways, i get onto another server and it turns out, i was killed, or somehow force killed by a hacker, because i don't remember dying today. Once again, the monkey monitor like debug was there. I finally switch to 3532. It too had this monitor known as "F*ck boy monitor" I ask on side chat whats with it, and Mr. Friendly replies "Idk" So i ask if there was some kind of mass hack attack on multiple servers and he replied "No. The monitor is mine." This guy practically told me he was a hacker, as you can see from the screen shots. It was pitch black in the server, and all I had was a Remington with a flashlight (found it before i switched to 3532) and i suddenly heard a car engine. I turned off my light and went prone. After a few minitues i switched it on and there was Mr. Friendly, with an unknown friend in a military off road. They told me to get in and i played bambie and asked why they were hacking and they replied "All we are doing is driving around" Mr. Friendly had a ghillie with night visions equipped. He then got on the mic and said he could give me items. He told me to exit the car and I told him "Please don't kill me or spawn me somewhere" And he knocked me unconscious. Shocked, I just sat there waiting for my hourglass to reach zero, but it was taking awhile. At least 10 minutes to go halfway. Then a creepy message popped up on my screen (refer to images) Then out of no where my Arma 2 window closed and my mouse began wildly moving around the screen as if someone was taking control of my computer! I hurridly force shut down the computer, and I'm guessing it must have been Mr. Friendly. WE NEED TO TAKE ACTION! If he has the ability to go into people's computers, this isn't good!

post-132026-0-80809000-1358756485_thumb.

post-132026-0-87491600-1358756531_thumb.

post-132026-0-04778600-1358756539_thumb.

post-132026-0-12402800-1358756564_thumb.

post-132026-0-39056500-1358756606_thumb.

Then you must have an Trojan on your Computer... Downloaded on some site or somewhere else.

The Arma 2 "hackers" actually Script Kiddies are only able execute script on the Arma Engine not on your Computer.

Edited by Paddy0610
  • Like 2

Then you must have an Trojan on your Computer... Downloaded on some site or somewhere else.

The Arma 2 "hackers" actually Script Kiddies are only able execute script on the Arma Engine not on your Computer.

I scanned and nothing came up so im guessing I did something to stop whatever was happening. Nevertheless, this prick is a hacker.

nice, he claimed to be a hacker, but only with a name which he can change at will, nothing will happen, cool story bro

• Like 1

That's weird. I was taken control of and it cause my character to spin in circles and try to go Rambo on friendlies with an LMG, so I exited the game. Maybe that's what happened to your cursor? I don't know.

The last part has a logical explanation. When your game closed/crashed, the resolution changed, thus relocated your cursor. Since you were hurriedly trying to move it, and it was resetting its position, it appeared to be moving around to you.

I honestly doubt someone would be able to take control of your computer without permission, yet be unable to spell "Disturb". If it even happened.

Also, we can't give out Global Bans. Why would be be able to give them out if we can't remove them?

That's weird. I was taken control of and it cause my character to spin in circles and try to go Rambo on friendlies with an LMG, so I exited the game. Maybe that's what happened to your cursor? I don't know.

Someone controlling your character is another thing, as they are not taking control of your hardware (Keyboard/mouse), simply your character input, which is software.

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 2

perhaps. I'm open to anyone's input on this situation.

No trojan. No virus. It's a lame script (mod) added to an other scripted mod (DayZ) which is a scripted for the 'stand-alone' mod of Arma II (AO)

Need Server Owner/Operator of US 3532 to pop-by, see this, check logs and submit a BE-report..Doubts it would do anything as most these douche's use stolen-keys to begin with. :(

Some see this 'game' as a visual-masterpiece...Some just break it down to simple charts&lists of 'data'.

Execute a script'ette of an npc on a PCand what-happens? Uncontrolled-movements?

Hackers can't take control of your computer like that. Rage's comment was pretty much dead on. Nothing to worry about.

Never say never. Can they manipulate the server so it spawns items and so on it aint that big a deal to manipulate the server so it injects commands back to his computer. It whould be nice to see his packetlogs from when he got nocked unconcius. It is not the first case i have seen.

• I cannot speak to the on your own computer issue but I have some information from my interaction with Mr. Friendly and I need some help figuring out the fix. I am new to the game (just started 10 days ago).
  • I ran into him on Darkworld DayZ - US server. 5:30 PM 19 Jan 13. I was running out of Elektro when the "Shadowy Monitor" appeared like a debug menu on my screen. I ran to the small dammed water at 100 112 to fill my canteens and as I was doing so I got shot. I figured I had gotten into his "territory" so I chalked it up and respawned. Monitor reappeared with me. almost immediately, player padjuanx got shot friendly fire by Mr. Friendly. Immediately after that I got shot near Krutoy Cap by Mr. Friendly who appeared out of nowhere and shot me at point blank range. After that padjuanx got killed by him again and I figured there were shenanigans afoot so I left the server.
  • The next server I logged into I saw an error like the screenshot A below. No "Shadowy Monitor" so I thought nothing about it and played until I died.
  • Later logged onto server US3532 and saw the F*&% Boy monitor just like the OP saw (again it said Shadowy Monitor in the first server). Logged off.
  • Yesterday 20 Jan13 I logged into server US3156, got the No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMarkers.00000000... error but clicked through it and got no monitor so I played for a good long time. Died once, respawned, ran to my body, stuff was all there. Made my way northwest, found an offroad vehicle that needed parts, got an engine, gas tank and a wheel, installed them (and noticed that none of the red nor yellow statuses changed to green on those repaired areas) Set up camp, and logged out. Logged back in to be sure everything was ok and instead of going back to my camp I got the choose character screen at the beginning and all of my items on my character were gone.
  • Went to other servers, some gave the F Boy monitor, all gave the config.bin error. able to save stuff and location on some servers to to others but when I went back to US3156 start from scratch.
  • Very Frustrated by this as a new player. Deleted and reinstalled DayZ, played ARMA II and OA as admin in steam, etc to try and fix it. no dice. Don't want to do anything on US3156 till fixed and pretty griefed that the error message is tagged to my player account. Don't know if it is on the hive or on my system.

post-143267-0-80284600-1358821924_thumb.

Edited by Flat Iron 88

• admin in steam, etc to try and fix it. no dice. Don't want to do anything on US3156 till fixed and pretty griefed that the error message is tagged to my player account. Don't know if it is on the hive or on my system.

Had this about 2 Days ago , just check the file intergry with steam and all will be fine again.

I scanned and nothing came up so im guessing I did something to stop whatever was happening. Nevertheless, this prick is a hacker.

Did you used windowed or fullscreen mode? sometimes when games are windowed u move the ingame and Computer Mouse at the same time. So if he took Control of your ingame client giving him commands trough the engine it could have affected your computer by mistake.

Edited by Paddy0610