Tiger205

Tents & Vehicles General

I found a helicopter, only the Hull is greenlit, everything else red, well Engine is orange.

It won't accept a Rotor or anything except Fuel and Scrap metal.. why?

edit: I'm guessing I forgot to save the chopper, yet there is no option for it, do I have to be standing in a certain position for the option to appear?

Stand behind the door gun a little towards the tail rotor and look towards the gun. That's usually the best spot to get the repair context to show up.

I'll try that thanks.

Last thing... I found and repaired a white truck, I saved it once I repaired it and then drove it all the way to Elektro, I was driving for a while because the fuel went below half.

Anyway, the server owner restarted the server for the latest DayZ update, then when I logged into the game I had no vehicle, I couldn't find it in Elektro. I guess it's gone for good?

I'll try that thanks.

Last thing... I found and repaired a white truck' date=' I saved it once I repaired it and then drove it all the way to Elektro, I was driving for a while because the fuel went below half.

Anyway, the server owner restarted the server for the latest DayZ update, then when I logged into the game I had no vehicle, I couldn't find it in Elektro. I guess it's gone for good?

[/quote']

Should be at the location where you saved it last, if not, can sometimes come back after a restart.

Or someone might have stole it :D

Not really clear on this: If I die, can I just go back to my tent and then save it again to prevent it disappearing, or do I HAVE to set up a new tent and move everything over to it? If so, that's an unnecessary pain in the ass since my camp is in a really good spot, and I have multiple tents. :/

Not really clear on this: If I die' date=' can I just go back to my tent and then save it again to prevent it disappearing, or do I HAVE to set up a new tent and move everything over to it? If so, that's an unnecessary pain in the ass since my camp is in a really good spot, and I have multiple tents. :/

[/quote']

Yes, you have 2 days until your tents will disappear after you died and then all the loot inside will end up in just a big pile on the ground.

Anyone had any luck with making a new tent since 1.5.8.2? I know they have always been a pain to set down. I have just spent an hour and half running around all the open flat spaces in a very large area with no luck.

Same for me. Have no luck to place the tent even on airstrip.

It does seem a bit strange. Maybe I should make a post about this in bug reports or trouble shooting?

Yep, I can't place tents. No matter how flat or object free the area is.

Not really clear on this: If I die' date=' can I just go back to my tent and then save it again to prevent it disappearing, or do I HAVE to set up a new tent and move everything over to it? If so, that's an unnecessary pain in the ass since my camp is in a really good spot, and I have multiple tents. :/

[/quote']

Yes, you have 2 days until your tents will disappear after you died and then all the loot inside will end up in just a big pile on the ground.

Well actually not entirely correct... That is how it's supposed to work... But in the group I'm in we have kept a tent of a dead group member for... more than two weeks... We tried not saving it for three days still there... Haven't got any other tents from a dead group member yet (seeing as I refuse to die and place all tents ^^) so not sure if it is a fluke, would be nice to hear if any other have experienced this or it disapearing fast

- Whitey

Where is the best place to get find tents? I've only ever found tents that have been placed by others.

Where is the best place to get find tents? I've only ever found tents that have been placed by others.

I find them occasionally in Supermarkets.

Residential areas like supermarkets and apartment buildings will spawn them.

I've found all but one of mine in apartments.

Ah, nice one. What other good locations for apartment blocks in the norht? I'm way up north so Cherno and Elektro ideal locations for me to get access to.

@Z-GrimV - I think there are some apartaments in Berezino, maybe it's not strictly north, but still closer than Cherno and Elektro. :)

I found myself a Huey, and repaired it a bit, last thing I have to do is a hull repair, and there is the problem - I've already used about 6-8 scrap metal to repair it, but nothing really happened, it's still marked red. How much more scrap metal I need to get it done?

Are vehicles can be saved outside the map? I mean we check all airfields and hospitals and there is no Huey. So we start to search it in the wilderness but we dont know should we check places out of border?

Vehicles are from my experience unstable and buggy as sh*t. Every time I finally find a vehicle its gone after the next server restart/crash/shutdown/whatever and never appears back again.

I still am having massive problems placing tents. No matter how clear or flat the area, they just can't be placed. I have tried in clearing in the forest with a very slight incline, I tried on grassy, flat, mountaintops, I've even tried on flat roads, but I keep getting the same message. Does anybody know how to get around this an actually place tents?

The way the vehicles save is weird. I found a GAZ sedan a couple of nights ago, and drove it from the NE airfield to Novy Sober. The server crashed and me and the car started where I found it when I got back into the server.

By the way - tents are still fucked because I can't put any tents in the same places I used to before those three updates. Whatever rocket did fucked the system hard up.

Also I'm not going to bother the OP anymore. Apparently people don't know what 'search' is for.

Having major troubles placing a tent. Un-possible. Please fix. Our old tent -might- despawn tomorrow :(