Tiger205

Tents & Vehicles General

You can't pick up tents of other people, thus if you die you get a new character and therefor can't pick the old one up...

- Whitey

Why are there no bicycles implemented in the mod? It would be a cheap and cheerful way of getting around faster :P

Are vehicles such as the ATV, Pickups and Motorcyle's a lot further inland? I've never spotted a single vehicle near the coast or the surrounding area.

I've been across a Huey only twice, I found a dead bandit next to it with tons of loot. While I was taking his shit a guy crept up behind me and blasted me! I never even got a chance to check it out but it was very cool to see one stranded in the field. The next time I saw one was when I was being chased by about 9 or 10 runners and with no ammo I was screwed, then all of a sudden I hear cracks and it is a bunch of guys on a roof killing the z's behind me. Turns out there were repairing a Huey on the roof. I traded a bunch of scrap metal and toolboxes for ammo. I wonder if they ever got it up and running!

There was a bus in front of the apartements in electro so vehicules do spawn near the coast and not only inland.

Also, OP could be updated, its lacking. :P

So I've heard that vehicles are finite, by which I mean there are only so many of any vehicle in the map and they only respawn after being destroyed or taken and never saved. so for example if a group of people or even a single player were able to collect all the vehicles and save them in a hidden location they would never respawn until destroyed. Is this true or is it just the spawns are really that rare?

Yes you can have more than one tent.

I'm not sure if you can pack it' date=' but I've heard you can remove it.

[/quote']

You can pack whatever you placed until you die. After that you don't have the option to pack OR remove.

Vehicles aren't loading after server restarts most of the time. I've had stashed vehicles not show up for days, then one day they'll be sitting where I left them filled with the same gear. We're pretty sure this affects un-repaired vehicles at their default spawn locations.

Also, it has been mentioned that vehicles are supposed to appear at their location of destruction after a server respawn, but this hasn't happened ever to my knowledge. I don't recall whether that was just a mod or a team member that posted that little snippet though.

Updated.

Also information about vehicle spawns is not necessary. It would be better if left alone in my opinion.

yes but are they finite or are they just rare. its really shitty when 1 person can hide 6 vehicles if they are finite.

yes but are they finite or are they just rare. its really shitty when 1 person can hide 6 vehicles if they are finite.

removing/disabling the terrible arma radar system from dayz vehicles would help fix this.

Yep. My guess is ~10 vehicles on a map and in some servers you have clans bragging about having 6 vehicles. Now go and find a vehicle for your group :(

Increasing the randomness of vehicle spawning would be nice. And having some indication of total server uptime would help to find out if there's any point in searching for them. Because you don't have a chance to find vehicles on a server that's been online for long time without a wipe.

Wasnt Tents "Fixed" in 1.5.7 Ive heard several people talking about that you should be able to pack it up and re place it after you die? Can anyone confirm deny this? as of 1.5.7?

How do you pack up or move a camping tent? The only option i have is to "save old camping tent" and when I select that option, nothing happens.

*NVM. I was able to see the option to take it down, but only after looking at it from the side at a certain angle. After that I could pack it.

Wasnt Tents "Fixed" in 1.5.7 Ive heard several people talking about that you should be able to pack it up and re place it after you die? Can anyone confirm deny this? as of 1.5.7?

wat

do tents and vehicles follow you from server to server?
- tents are tied to servers and survive server restarts

Read the damned OP, it's there for a reason.

No and I hope there won't be. The equipment loot sheet is too much already and I don't want something similiar to that for vehicles.

Just a quick question, I have ran across all vehicles besides the ATV and Bike and I haven't seen them in videos on youtube, do they even exist?

Does anybody know how to fix the headlights on a vehicle? Can't seem to find a way to do it and we tried multiple things such as attaching windshields, fixing the hull. Does anybody have a clue?

every time i found a vehicle, the headlights could be turned on/off with L, so i dont think you need to repair them :)

Yep. Lights are the only thing working even in otherwise completely disabled vehicles :D You can destroy them by shooting them, but I didnt try that in Dayz so I don't know if it can be fixed.

Btw doesnt the DayZ mod make vehicles superfragile and does superdamage to passengers? I was completely healthy, driving an UAZ and as I was slowing down a to stop under a tree, I did hit a tiny twig hanging from the tree with the top of the car at 0.0001 kph, UAZ went instantly from ok to fubar and I fell out instakilled. lolz.

After that I don't even attempt to run over zombies because I fear that the car could explode when colliding even with a crawler :D

I am wondering, if it's like only 20 vehicles at every server restart and someone saved a vehicle, does that mean there will only be 19 vehicles spawning at the next server restart?

I'd like to express general appreciation here.

This.

Also, thread could use a sticky / content could be put in a sticky?

Just a quick question' date=' I have ran across all vehicles besides the ATV and Bike and I haven't seen them in videos on youtube, do they even exist?

[/quote']

Yes, both ATVs and motorcycles exist, if you meant a bicycle, that I've not seen.

Vehicles have been not spawning after server restarts for close on a week now. We're hoping some of our vehicles will pop back in again after 1.5.8.

If they show up again I'll have to take some video of riding them, they're a blast. Unless the ATV flips, then you're screwed as the flip context menu isn't available for DayZ.