Sign in to follow this  
zak757

Carebear is a Derogatory Slang

Like calling a homosexual a faggot.

Or calling an black man a nigger.

Or calling a mentally disabled man a retard.

Or calling an aboriginal an injun.

It is rarely used in the proper context, it makes you sound like an uneducated asshole, is often directed toward the wrong people, and it criticizes people for what they are. I was under the impression that hardcore gamers were more mature, but I don't see that to be the case. This word should be censored.

If your reply is nothing but "quit crying", "QQ", "its just a word", you don't have anything to say, and nobody is crying, so don't even bother and piss off.

it doesn't even make sense in this game, and eve for that matter, its a known fact that if you want to pvp in eve you need to bear, since isk doesn't just magically accumulate in your wallet from station spinning.

considering there is no safe zones, no market, no economy and no real winning scenario or situation, whatever you lose can be gained back within a 2hr play session.. carebearing doesn't exist in dayz because there isn't enough pve to grind for a situation to arise for it to pay off more than what anyone else grinds normally... sure you can 'bear' all the best items in dayz, but does that make you any better off than a guy with a makarov at close range? not really. grinding all the loot in dayz only makes you a juicier target so the 'bearing' which is just a derogatory way of saying grinding, is actually balanced in dayz because all the bearing in the world doesn't save you from perma death..

Go call a black person a nigger in real life, then go call a DayZ player in real life a carebear. I'm sure you'll get two very different responses.

You are wrong, carebear has been one of the top slang terms in MMO communities for many years. It usually has no place in FPS games since they are nearly 100% based on PVP, but in this case it has made it's appearance for obvious reasons. It certainly does not hold the same power racial insults, most of the time people who use it don't even mean to offend the PVE players, they are just annoyed that the PVE aspects of the game start destroying the PVP aspects (Wow, Rift, War).

I don't think carebear is that offense, just a term that get dropped when PvE and PvP conflict a bit. I think OP just used it as an excuse to post those other words.

You are wrong' date=' carebear has been one of the top slang terms in MMO communities for many years. It usually has no place in FPS games since they are nearly 100% based on PVP, but in this case it has made it's appearance for obvious reasons. It certainly does not hold the same power racial insults, most of the time people who use it don't even mean to offend the PVE players, they are just annoyed that the PVE aspects of the game start destroying the PVP aspects (Wow, Rift, War).

[/quote']

I'm with Sixteen18, "carebear" isn't even close to as serious of an insult as the OP makes it out to be.

Overreacting on the internet is fun, huh?

It is rarely used in the proper context' date=' it makes you sound like an uneducated asshole, is often directed toward the wrong people, and it criticizes people for what they are. I was under the impression that hardcore gamers were more mature, but I don't see that to be the case. This word should be censored.

If your reply is nothing but "quit crying", "QQ", "its just a word", you don't have anything to say, and nobody is crying, so don't even bother and piss off.

[/quote']

Yes, lets compare derogatory terms with ties to racism, oppression, violence and even genocide, to a term from the super cereal internetz that generally refers to individuals who only want low risk high reward gameplay.

Saying carebear is equal to nuggets is an insult to black people everywhere.

It's like me saying calling white people crackers is equal to bigger.

until "codfag" is a term of the past, carebear will be a term of the present. p.s. cod sucks but i still run around shooting people all day.

It is rarely used in the proper context' date=' it makes you sound like an uneducated asshole, is often directed toward the wrong people, and it criticizes people for what they are. I was under the impression that hardcore gamers were more mature, but I don't see that to be the case. This word should be censored.

[/quote']

Saying you thought Hardcore gamers were mature is stereotyping. You assume that ALL hardcore gamers are exactly the same?

Instead of calling people carebears or hardcore gamers, just call them people. Everyone is different and everyone acts a certain way.. don't critisize someone for grouping up certain players and then do the exact same thing.

Like the guy who compared hackers destroying his gear to a woman being raped' date=' you're a massive idiot and you need to never post again.

[/quote']