Imafighter

If third person was removed from DayZ...

I'd want a FoV slider that didn't change my 'Aim down sights'.

i only play first person anyway so yes, I play all FPS like that.

Correct me if i'm wrong but it is a kind of First Person Shooter right?

• Like 2

The server I play on is first-person only.

I use first person during combat, but to run for 15 minutes in first person is kind of boring, I tend to like to be in third person when out in the wilderness.

• Like 5

I actually tried playing dayz in first person ONLY. When in first person you zoom way to much. You can double tape - but then your sights are screwed up and you have to undo it every time you are going to shoot.

Cons: Bad FOV, You can't peak over small ledges that you should be able to see over. It can get a bit disorienting sometimes. Looting and using certain objects because a pain in the butt.

Pros: Better immersion, Can't cheat and see people you would never be able to see, People can sneak up on you better, you can no longer third person around corners and such you need to actually lean.

Edited by harley001

I actually tryed playing dayz in first person ONLY. When in first person you zoom way to much. You can double tape - but then your sights are screwed up and you have to undo it every time you are going to shoot.

I have toggle zoom out bound to middle-mouse click. Easy.

I have toggle zoom out bound to middle-mouse click. Easy.

I have 95 FOV set manually, and I just hold the right mouse button and it zooms in when I use the sights.

Regards,

10Lives

IP please? :o

DayZ+ UK2 (whitelisted)

81.19.212.45:2332

www.dayzplus.com

Needs more players, bring friends, lol. Everyone plays the one with 3DP:ON and 24/7 daylight. u,u

It's good when people are on though. :)

DayZ+ UK2 (whitelisted)

81.19.212.45:2332

www.dayzplus.com

Needs more players, bring friends, lol. Everyone plays the one with 3DP:ON and 24/7 daylight. u,u

It's good when people are on though. :)

Thank you much.

No, I like choice and DayZ was one of the first games i liked which offered me this. I can honestly say i would not have spent as much time playing it, if there had been no other way of playing.

• Like 1

I played on 1st person only for about 3 months so yes, it's much better.

• Like 1

i edited the config so it's constently zoomed out in first person, Trying to land a heli in first person servers is always a challenge but one i enjoy, makes the game harder but everyones on the same playing field

Is there a little program you can use for altering your FOV yet? I wouldn't mind so much if i had a real viewing area. (But choice is still good)

I don't know. One of the main reasons I enjoyed DayZ, was because I needed a big break from 1st person servers in ArmA.

I would still play it. Right now I only use 3rd person because everyone else on the servers I play with uses it. No point in tying a hand behind my back.

I would probarbly still play but i do really like the 3rd person camera and mostly use it as 1st person view gives me a headache after like 10 minutes lol.

I do prefer 1st person only servers. Give the game much more immersion. But truth to be told. Arma2 is not designed to play it 1st person. For starters, fix the damn mirrows. There is some reflection, but you can hardly see anything in them. I know there's a mod that fixes that, but I don't know if the DayZ servers are compatible or if it will get me banned when I use it, so I don't right now.

Then, doors need to be fixed. You shouldn't be able to run through doors like in a "real" fps game, but it's also unrealistic to assume I am stuck in a door because of my backpack and have no idea how to move to get on. Entered enough doors with a backpack in my military time to know, it's far easier in real life.

Also, gras is somewhat of a problem. There's gras in front of me. I can't see anything. What do I do? I lift my head. Doing some kind of a half push up. I don't get into kneeling position, exposing my whole body because of 5cm too high gras.

And I can't hold a chemlight without almost blinding myself in first person. Chemlights are really annoying in first person.

So, even with all these mistakes, I still do prefere first person over third person. Also, I also sometime really like to take a good look at my character. Add mirrows in buildings, I'd say ;)

Of course I would still play. I'm with rocket crosshairs and third person should probably be removed. Quoting his recent AMA on reddit

I want to remove the crosshair but I suspect we will have it configurable by servers. Same with 3rd person, but no firm decision is made yet we need to test everything out with you guys first. --rocket2guns