Rastamaus

Are KOS kiddies cowardly and stoopid?

If you see a player before he sees you then, as far as that particular relationship is concerned you hold all the cards, you have all the power, now what you choose to do with that power speaks volumes about you as a person.

You have several options.....

1. Stalk them, follow them to see if they lead you to a well stocked camp or a working vehicle loaded with stuff. Clever.

2. Avoid them, move away silently and be glad they didn't spot you ensuring your own survival. smart.

3. Engage them in conversation, maybe you need blood and they can help, maybe they have information that may be of use to you. Perhaps they want to team up. You can even hold them up and take their gear. Genius.

all of the above if executed with intelligence will benefit you, maybe a great deal maybe less so but we can be sure that none of these options will do you any harm..... IF executed with intelligence.

There is a fourth option favoured by those who lack courage, social skills and intelligence.....

4. Shoot him dead and take his gear, all you can ever gain from this course of action is whatever the player has on him, maybe he has everything you could want, more likely he doesn't. you also alert nearby players to your location and have made an enemy, a lot of enemies if he's in a clan. Dumb.

I am forced to conclude that those who automatically select option 4 are deliberately depriving themselves of opportunities and increasing risk to themselves therefore they must be stoopid.

It takes no courage whatsoever to shoot on sight, in fact i'd have to say it is behaviour born from fear. It takes no brains whatsoever to shoot on sight either, in fact I'd have to say that KOS it is a brainless auto-response to that very same fear. Therefore I conclude that those who KOS are cowards.

In summary KOS Bandits must be both Cowardly and Stoopid.

I await your thoughts....

Edited by Rastamaus
  • Like 15

A bunch of them do it because they like it when people hate them.

No one normal wants to be hated, it is more likely that they find, due to the poor strategies they employ in life, they do indeed attract a lot of hatred, the only way they can feel any sense of control over this is to behave in a way that encourages more hatred thus creating for themselves the illusion that all the hate coming their way is in fact desired and deliberately cultivated.

edit - either that or they are sub-normal

Edited by Rastamaus
  • Like 3

Some do it indeed out of fear (had it one time.. someone shot me his awnser was you walked in with a machine gun!!! Yeah.. but did I shoot or aimed at you?! no )

And some do it for fun (hate them just let me play my game!!) they are not normal bandit cause they shoot for fun at you and dont give anything about the stuff your carrying)

I never shoot on site only if I now for sure its a bandit, so I get killed alot by normal survivors (and that are the fear ones !) :lol:

• Like 3

when i get bored i snipe from hills! ... not at players but the aggroing zombies chasing the bambis. a guardian angel of sorts! kill on sight tactics don’t suit my personality

• Like 5

I actually don't mind being hated in a video game, I think you underestimate the ability to separate an online persona and someone's "real" life.

I'm more curious as to why you need the attention and validation that you're style of gameplay is more honorable or intelligent.

• Like 5

I actually don't mind being hated in a video game, I think you underestimate the ability to separate an online persona and someone's "real" life.

I'm more curious as to why you need the attention and validation that you're style of gameplay is more honorable or intelligent.

just airing my opinion on a public forum, a place designed for exactly that

• Like 1

I believe your just over thinking into it too much. With all that "due to the poor strategies they employ in life" jazz. Its a game. There are bandits. There are dicks who like to shoot people for fun because its a game. I for one do it often because quite frankly I just dont trust you or anyone. Even though you pray to high heavens that youre friendly I dont take that risk, unless you're talking to me on skype, teamspeak, mumble. Etc. I dont care for you. But in other words. Get over it. Its a game. If you really wanted revenge hunt those fuckers down instead of crying about it and calling them out on the boards.

• Like 3

I believe your just over thinking into it too much. With all that "due to the poor strategies they employ in life" jazz. Its a game. There are bandits. There are dicks who like to shoot people for fun because its a game. I for one do it often because quite frankly I just dont trust you or anyone. Even though you pray to high heavens that youre friendly I dont take that risk, unless you're talking to me on skype, teamspeak, mumble. Etc. I dont care for you. But in other words. Get over it. Its a game. If you really wanted revenge hunt those fuckers down instead of crying about it and calling them out on the boards.

It is true, thinking is one of my many vices.

This thread isn't about hate or revenge, they are subjects raised by others, yourself included, it is, like 99% of all threads on all forums an exchange of opinions and ideas, as for crying.... nope, no tears here.

• Like 1

DayZ is a game world full of guns...what else are people supposed to do?! Infected in the game are a joke after you've got to grips with how to out run them and there are only so many times you can loot the NWAF and Stary before you get a bit bored of that...why not shoot at people? The rush of knowing you could die is what makes DayZ great and what better way to get that rush than engaging in combat with someone!

Edited by Timmymachine109
  • Like 1

DayZ is a game world full of guns...what else are people supposed to do?! Infected in the game are a joke after you've got to grips with how to out run them and there are only so many times you can loot the NWAF and Stary before you get a bit bored of that...why not shoot at people?

fair and valid point.

personally speaking i'm not anti pvp, in fact all of my favourite moments in dayz have involved gun play, i just don't see the point in shooting for the sake of it when there are so many other options to explore.

• Like 2

I'm a friendly player. Depending on circumstances, I will either, let them pass, or shoot on sight.

If I saw them first, and from a good cover position, I will try to have a small chat with him, then be on my way.

Of course, if it just so happens that I turn a corner at the same time he does and we have this awkward moment of DayZ intimacy.... reflexes takes over; Unknown generally gives fear; fear of danger. Unknown = Potential danger. At such a distance, there won't be time to make contact. Unload clip first, then grieve later over this event, potentially make up for the action and leave a small stack of beanZ, soda, or even a pistol.

Of course I don't take such pitty over people with bandit skins. Of course, it doesn't make me any better than them, but hey, bandit skins are signs of higher threat to me. Plus I don't lose any humanity in doing so. Bury their remains, then continue journey.

• Like 4

Just because I want to kill you doesn't mean we can't be friendly. :3

• Like 3

DayZ needs bandits, it needs that feeling of danger they bring but there are bandits and there are bandits.

i'm a bandit in the sense that if I don't know you in game then i view you as prey however I never shoot on sight. I prefer to hold players up and rob them if i need gear.

I think the OP is talking about that minority that seem to only enjoy the act of killing another player for it's own sake and I hate them too, it is dumb to shoot fresh spawns for example, it is stupid to kill on sight regardless of the circumstances, it does demonstrate a slight lack of imagination and intelligence.

• Like 3

Just because I want to kill you doesn't mean we can't be friendly. :3

For that song, that also made me think of another open-world game that I won't mention... beanZ.
  • Like 1

bandits killing in order to gain extra loot is a tactical decision... killing unarmed players who are looking to loot an area the bandit has an interest in is also tactical. but to lay on top of a hill and snipe anything that moves just for the hell of it? nothing tactical about that, but a personal choice made by the person who has paid money (arma2/oa) for the game which entitles them to play how they want. diplomatic reply?

• Like 4

I know exactly what you mean. Smart bandits I respect. Bandits, or murderers, who run around just killing folks "4 teh lulz" are just plain stupid and should go play WarZ.

• Like 3

Why do people constantly bitch about bandits and snipers? You are in a lawless post apocalyptic former soviet republic with guns everywhere and zombies. Why wouldn't you expect it to be full of bandits, jerks and psychopaths? You have to act like everyone you meet could be an enemy and that every tower or hilltop has a sniper.

Making zombies more dangerous wont change anything. Lurching drunken hobos without guns and are hardly a threat to people who have them.

• Like 4

Why do people constantly bitch about bandits and snipers? You are in a lawless post apocalyptic former soviet republic with guns everywhere and zombies. Why wouldn't you expect it to be full of bandits, jerks and psychopaths? You have to act like everyone you meet could be an enemy and that every tower or hilltop has a sniper.

Making zombies more dangerous wont change anything. Lurching drunken hobos without guns and are hardly a threat to people who have them.

this is not an anti all bandit/sniper thread - i am a bandit, my clan are bandits and some of us love to snipe but we never shoot on sight, we never kill fresh spawns/unarmed players, we always look for new ways to take what we want. This thread is aimed at the idiot minority we all know exists.

• Like 2

I could have killed 'em all, I could've killed you. In town you're the law, out here it's me. Don't push it! Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe. Let it go. Let it go!

Edited by Blindingsun

fair and valid point.

personally speaking i'm not anti pvp, in fact all of my favourite moments in dayz have involved gun play, i just don't see the point in shooting for the sake of it when there are so many other options to explore.

My problem is that since you don't see the point or enjoyment that its unintelligent or cowardly or any of the other negative descriptions that you've attached to it.

• Like 2

Smells Like Teen Butthurt. :lol:

• Like 1

My problem is that since you don't see the point or enjoyment that its unintelligent or cowardly or any of the other negative descriptions that you've attached to it.

As you say - that's your problem.

I don't see the point or enjoyment in 'wrestling' either, (not romano greko wrestling, that's a great sport) I mean the one with made up storylines and over tanned steroid addicted clowns that choreograph their 'fights' and pretend to hit each other, in fact I feel a deep sense of embarassment when i see 'adults' going crazy when they watch it, I think it too is stoopid but lots of people think it's the best thing in the world and wouldn't hesitate to tell me so.

My point is we disagree, you think that shooting on sight no matter what the circumstances is not stoopid or cowardly and I respect your right to be wrong.

Edited by Rastamaus
  • Like 1

Eh, think what you want about KoS bandits, but we get what we want 90% of the time, and I have taken out squads of 4-5 on my own without an issue, and if I die then the dead player gets avenged and I get to enjoy scavenging again.