Sign in to follow this  
ididi9 (DayZ)

Clothing ideas for SA

As Rocket has said the new engine allows you to change shoes, trousers, tops, jumpers, hats and glasses.

Here are some of my ideas for using this:

Shoes:

- Soft soled shoes which reduces the sound of your footsteps

- Running shoes which increases sprint speed

- Militairy Boots which are waterproof so keep you warmer and stop you getting flu

Jumpers:

- Waterproof jumper which doesn't affect temperature but stops you getting flu

- Wooly jumper which keeps your temperature high

Trousers:

- Not sure what they would be called but some trousers that are quieter when prone and crawling

Hats:

- Balaclava hides whether your identity

- Face mask reduces the risk of getting flu

• Like 1

i think the clothes are only aesthetic although some could be used for warmth

Rocket said that clothes will be more functional than aesthetic.

Hello, here is my first post, I have tried looking for other pages by searching clothes on the forums and it has led me here so if i missed a more popular thread apologies.

Anyway down to buisness, I think a really good idea for clothing would be 'tags', you find a bit of coloured cloth which is probably a common spawn and wearing them would simply put an arm band on, purely for decoration, so clan members or groups can all find tags and put them on. Also I feel it would go with the concept of dayz, you can have seperate colours so your group knows whos the pointman or uniform colours to easily identify each other, also if you want to infiltrate another group you can quickly put their colours on for an extra heartbeats deception time.

High end clothing in Dayz standalone :)

Clogs-Helmet-Thong-Fire.jpg

The context of that picture boggles me.

I wonder then if weather will play a major part in the SA, they have said major work would have to be done on a new mapo for snow so will the weather be harmful so as to need the functional clothing?

what? there will be snow?! god dammit is there a summary of already confirmed facts anywhere? please pm me a link!

- Running shoes which increases sprint speed

I would suggest changing increased running speed with lesser fatigue while jogging .. seems more realistic

Edited by UmBe

i want to see exactly such a functionality in the standalone... while the stats can be discussed, i think the general idea is brilliant (and was mentioned by rocket aswell).

people should think about what they wear, and what their focus is.

they can wear a brown T-shirt which makes them stealthier than a yellow jacket for example, but will catch a flu more easily.

I would suggest changing increased running speed with lesser fatigue while jogging .. seems more realistic

Meh, Can you say you run the same speed in hiking boots as you do in trainers?

also maybe the adding of wet clothes affecting you

say if you began to swim and got out of the water again your clothes would be wet and you would either have to dry them or put on a fresh pair

or maybe the option to put all your clothes in your pack and then swim...

or maybe the option to put all your clothes in your pack and then swim...

The second you said that, I knew someone somewhere will want to run around naked in Chern.