colekern

What kind of base do you wanna build when base building is added to DayZ standalone?

I can't help but think player infrastructures in DayZ would be rather pointless. I mean it'll be about as useful as base building in Ace of Spades.

• Your base is going to stick out like a sore thumb. Not to mention the engine quirks where trees "disappear" the farther you get.
  • They're going to be completely defenseless because no one is going to "hang out" there. And let's say there are - well, what happens when you disconnect? Booby traps? Oh, it will kill me. But I'm just going to respawn and run back because I know exactly where it's at.
  • If it's barricaded people will just server hop and gain access that way.

I mean I see the usefulness with tents and tarps or camo netting to hide some gear and vehicles. But underground tunnels and bases with buildings like hospitals? I don't know for me it kind of defeats the purpose of the game. Which this would be a different story if this were a sandbox MMORPG like Wurm Online.

Though in the end this is just my opinion.

Edited by What's new in Cherno?

A place to stash my gear and some medical equipment, and a comfortable place to sleep! Room for my friends and there stuff too!

Simple tent and covered tarp for a car.

Smack dab in the middle of a field.

No one would have the balls to approach it.

Edited by Charb
  • Like 1

Simple tent and covered tarp for a car.

Smack dab in the middle of a field.

No one would have the balls to approach it.

That. Is. Genius.