Spadis

Is it possible to trust?

Even though the bandit skin isn't realistic, I think it is a good idea. If you kill X number of people you stand out as a bastard that should be hunted down. It would encourage teamwork because if someone is a known murderer they stand out. You can be a bandit if you like, and get all that sweet easy loot, but you also make yourself a target to every single person that comes across you.

The bandit skin should stick with you across deaths, the only way to get rid of it should be doing good things.

This game would really be great as an MMO. No level system (of course), just a much larger map. You should be able to build fences around an area that stops zombie spawns. Guilds would form and claim land. Some guild would eventually claim some prime loot area as their home and everyone would have to go to war with them to capture it.

I thought just like you OP until just yesterday evening.

There I was fully geared out, bored, looking for action.

I decided to put myself into harms way and walk into town firing my M16 into the air exhausting a full clip in hopes of attracting zombies and maybe even players alike.

After killing about 15zombies and receiving no damage my legs were broken with one swing of a zombie. Realistic? Not really but that's beyond the point.

I had everything I needed. Bandages, pain killers, plenty of water and cooked meat plus misc food. 8 Clips for my primary and 7 for my secondary yet... I had NO morphine. I felt like such a moron and more over completely vulnerable to anything or anyone likely to stumble upon me.

I crawled for 1.5 hours from nearby town to nearby town looking for morphine with no luck when I saw a barn. I made my way inside on my belly and to my shock another player comes stumbling inside and quickly runs out after spotting me in the corner.

I didn't have my mic plugged into my PC at all as I hardly use it and felt a bit of panic. I aimed my weapon toward the doorway to which he was last seen and used direct coms to chat and notify the player I was friendly, no response....

The barn had two entrances and after hearing the player open a can of soda I knew he was making his way behind me. I positioned myself and again pointed my weapon at the doorway ready to open fire at first sight. Again I called out I was friendly and not to fire. I even announced that my legs were broken broadcasting my vulnerability. He finally responded as friendly and thought of course he's probably tricking me.

He announced he was going to enter, what could I do. Open fire, or let him in. I decided to let him in, in hopes that maybe just maybe he would be nice enough to provide any morphine he could spare. I did my little prone rolls left and right to avoid any incoming headshots until I noticed another gun pointed directly at me from behind.... his friend.

Again I kept rolling and rolling ready to open fire at any moment. I had them outgunned but I was outnumbered, I was waiting for a fire fight and expected it to happen. To the contrary they were very nice and understanding, they apologized for having no morphine and cooked some meat in front of me in the same barn.

They even offered to scour the town we were in for morphine for me but I declined telling them I had just cleared it. They offered to accompany me and even clear other towns but I felt like such a burden I waved goodbye and went on my own way. They saluted me on my way out.

The point is, I was completely vulnerable and a sitting duck. Outnumbered and in truth I only had 4 rounds in the current mag of 8 I had stocked. I knew if we had a fire fight, even though I outgunned them, I would have died for not reloading.

There are nice people out there, you just have to give them a chance.

-Sorry for the long post.

I'm not a bandit. Except for the couple guys I game with using TS I avoid people like the plague. Was playing DayZ alone one one day and was creeping through one of the small interior towns. Accidently tripped a zombie horde. Madly ran into a small building and had to start shooting to protect myself. That only made it worse. As I loaded up my last Makarov mag, listening to all the shreiking right outside the walls I knew I only had about 1 more minute to live, right?

Wrong. Suddenly I hear "honk honk". Now I've seen vehicles from a distance but I've never been in one yet. "Honk honk" OMFG it's getting closer! He's coming closer!! Salvation!! or Salvation??

Obviously he could see the swarm of infected outside my building and heard the shots. I hear him pull up close by. "HONK HONK". So I took a deep breath, had visions of the last scene of the movie Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and burst out of the doorway blasting off my last Makarov mag.

There beside me was a glorious white 4x4 pick-up truck. I zig-zagged thru walkers and hoped in. The guy took off and we left town.

Long story short we built up a bit of trust and "relationship" as I thanked him profusely. By then I had a team speak buddy online but my new friend refused to pick him up. Guess he didnt like being outnumbered so early in our friendship. I needed food and ammo but again he said no. He was after fuel and parts. Anything else we came across by chance was mine he said.

So it was a case of "I saved ur life, u can ride along, but on my terms." LOL I respected that. we parted ways an hour later friends. never saw him again. Hope he's ok.

Today I was stucked in the Fire station. I lost a lot of blood and had a broken leg. Not because of zeds, it was because of ladders. But that's a different story.

The thing is, two people came along shouting "friendly "with some zombies behind them. I helped them defeating the zombies, and one of them applied me a blood transfusion. Nice, eh? They asked me if wanted to join, and I replied that I had to log out. At this point he shot in the head. Maybe it was because of my AKM he saw. I don't know it.

The point is, this is madness! You help them, they help you and than they kill the you. You can't trust none.. There is no real life logic you can apply in this game.

It's generally easier to play when you can consider everyone a hostile, you don't need to worry about people backstabbing you because there is no backstabbing to be had if you just shoot everyone on sight.

You also have easy access to supplies in the form of unwitting survivors. Yes, it's mean but you need to be mean in order to survive. Killing people gets easier the more you do it.

You stop hesitating to pull the trigger.

Cries for help become pleas for death.

You gain the mentality of a hunter and relish in the thrill of the kill.

Your whole perspective on the game changes.

You can trust people, just don't get bent out of shape when their agenda is different.

Like shooting you in the head and taking your food, water, guns and ammo. Or leaving you to die in a zombie infested building.

Avoid' date=' or try to communicate in direct communication channel rather than kill. There is still too much kill-on-sight going on, and I guess most are doing it because they fear the other one will do it.

[/quote']

Bullshit. Was killed by a lovely interracial couple after two minutes of direct chat communication and zombie killing. And taht after two deaths in a row while being unarmed.

F*ck dis shite, now I'm killing anyone who isn't my clanmate.

It's hard to trust a stranger, especially if you talk trough voice comm and they don't bother answering back... had to kill someone because he woudn't talk to me.

Long story short we built up a bit of trust and "relationship" as I thanked him profusely. By then I had a team speak buddy online but my new friend refused to pick him up. Guess he didnt like being outnumbered so early in our friendship. I needed food and ammo but again he said no. He was after fuel and parts. Anything else we came across by chance was mine he said.

So it was a case of "I saved ur life' date=' u can ride along, but on my terms." LOL I respected that. we parted ways an hour later friends. never saw him again. Hope he's ok.

[/quote']

He's dead I'm afraid.. nobody survives forever unless you happen to set up camp next to a water and food source out in the wilderness, if you have a car its too tempting to bomb through cherno/electro and showing it off to the noobs along the coast also chances are someone or some group wasnt happy that he had a car and they did not. I did it in a bus and within 20 minutes of riding it it was shot to shit, I was shot to shit and it blew up with me in it.

I would say he maybe had that car (and his life along with it) for a few hours at most if he's lucky lol

Regarding the direct voice chat as mentioned by several players beforehand if I try and communicate through comms and get no response as far as im concerned you're a hostile. Friendly players are most likely to respond (obviously since they want to be well, friendly) So just a tip, make sure your mic is plugged in and working ;)

*stuff*

I just wanted to ask what your in-game name is so that I can kill you on sight for that outdated super annoying meme of a signature ;p.

jkjk....

but not really lol

We should bring back bandit skins, that is all.

I've been shot by so many morons I'm starting to get very tired of this, and by morons I don't mean bandits, I just mean morons who seem to be there just because they're bored of their generic CoD shooters.

Do it in my style. make a fireplace at night. and sit and relax with a friend, then listen to zelda songs. and after that loot :3. *cough* snipe survivors *cough*

Just thought i would mention that today i have to put my trust into a stranger last night i got killed by a door lol spawned again got some more gear on my travels went to Stary Sobor. Was attacked by some zombies, I have a cough, a broken leg, low blood and can only crawl and i have no morphine :(. I logged out after hiding in a tent, I know when i log in i am either going to get shot or bleed to death as there is no way (unless some poor soul has died near by with a stash of morphine) that i am going to survive without having to ask if someone is near by to help if there isn't anyone i am sure to get my face eaten off by zombies :S

As iv Said to all My company is willing to Assist those who need it our Goal and Mandate from the US D.O.D is to restore order and law to this area during these troubling times.

Avoid' date=' or try to communicate in direct communication channel rather than kill. There is still too much kill-on-sight going on, and I guess most are doing it because they fear the other one will do it.

[/quote']

+1

Welcome to DayZ ^^

Ok Dalereo Im willing to put my faith into your company I need morphine blood and antibiotics I don't have much gear but in return your more then welcome to help yourself to what I have or I will do a hospital run and get you some supplies to pay you back.

Watch this space :)

Ok Dalereo Im willing to put my faith into your company I need morphine blood and antibiotics I don't have much gear but in return your more then welcome to help yourself to what I have or I will do a hospital run and get you some supplies to pay you back.

Watch this space :)

We dont Require anything in Return,This is apart of our Duty to Restore Order.

Thanks for the offer but i died logged in came face to face with another injured player we looked at each other communicated and decided to try and make it to the town in stary sober together both crawling like worms but zombies ate me for breakfast :( Just shows there are still some awesome people out there that want to buddy up :D

Don't turn your back on these bastards...

(\_/)

( . .)

c(")(")

They have nasty, great teeth!

YES. It is possible to trust. However you must understand the bigger picture and know that most players will just kill you, usually on sight but sometimes behind your back after you team up. Trust is something that is not easy to earn but super easy to lose.

Good luck and have fun out there.