Sign in to follow this  
1clash1

Weaponry that makes sense given the setting

I have in fact played the game, I've spent longer in the vanilla game than in DayZ.

I haven't heard anyone else make this assumption and it seems to me that in DayZ it's supposed to be a generic eastern european country that has encountered a zombie outbreak. Anything that happened before this seems pure speculation, not to mention the fact that all the buildings are intact and there's no real evidence of armed conflict.

rocket has said before that DAYZ takes place in the "armaverse" as the devs call it meaning the chernarus operation did take place meaning US and other western forces were present in chernarus. also rocket has stated that when the infection first occured british spec ops were dispatched which means a fresh influx of your dreaded western weaponry, in short they have there place and they fit well what would be nice though is if i could loot said weapons of the dead soldiers rather than just running into a building and finding it there.

• Like 2

Did you even read my post?

Yea I just don't really give a damn, and if you want realism in a game, play a realistic game without zombies eh?

Yea I just don't really give a damn, and if you want realism in a game, play a realistic game without zombies eh?

You sound like a retarded 12 y/o flamer... STFU.

• Like 1

Since markets in eastern europe are full of stuff like old swords and chinese katana replicas, I'd whish there would be more melee weapons.

And a machete for Taviana.

+1 agree, less weapons (escpecially high-spec mil gear) = better game for all. Pistols and shottys should be the 'norm', rarely should you encounter snipers, instead of all the time.

• Like 3

I like to imagine that the US Military was sent to assist and aid in the infection. We're all over the world, doing all kinds of humanitarian missions. You just never hear anything about the good we do.

It makes sense that there would be a number of NATO weapons, with M4s and M9s being the most common, all the way down to M107s being the rarest.

Immersion is great, but only to an extent... Does limiting the guns we can use to a very small pool really add anything to the game? No. Keep the current ones- and hell, give us more weapons to pick from too.

Its not an FPS and you don't need better guns or more to kill zombies. I rape zombies constantly with headshots with a makarov and other survivors. If you suck so bad that you need an automatic weopan so you can spray the whole damn map with gunfire and come away with only a shot to the knee thats your fault go play CoD. Otherwise learn to aim a gun and deal with what you find, just like a real survival situation.

you're an idiot that obviously does not know what the game is about

+1 agree, less weapons (escpecially high-spec mil gear) = better game for all. Pistols and shottys should be the 'norm', rarely should you encounter snipers, instead of all the time.

I agree except the sniper part. Obviously you probably wouldnt find tons of high powered shit, but i am sure you would see a lot of hunting rifles and what not. I mean there is a lot of woodland and wildlife i am sure the former citizens liked hunting, especially with all this camping gear and deer stands you find

• Like 2

I'd say more Russian guns but same amount of American guns. also the guns arent just there from out of the blue there is a lot of evidence of the US military being there at one point e.g. smashed HMMWVs and chopper crashes are usmc hueys

• Like 3

And you're just an idiot that throws out accusations.

Who are you? Oh no one cares.

And you're just an idiot that throws out accusations.

Who are you? Oh no one cares.

o c'mon please stop this childishness...maybe time to close this thread

• Like 2

nah dont close a sweet thread because of silly banter

there are tonnes of snipers due to dupers