Sign in to follow this  
Imafighter

Time of day?

I've been noticing alot of servers with "24/7" daylight. Do a lot of DayZ players prefer playing in the daylight? Since whenever I find a night time server, there is barely anybody on it. At most, I found a twelve player server.

Also, if anybody knows a server that goes day and night and has a lot of players, could you link me?

I really like the idea of playing at night, alhough I didn't play it very often because I felt it was quite broken. The fact I couldn't hold a flash light up and shine where I was going and run is crazy. I had to stop so often just to see. Also you can hold a flashlight and a pistol at the same time in real life. So it just wasn't to fun personally but the server I played on was daytime pretty much whenever I played (it had a day/night cycle) so it wasn't a big concern for me. I hope they improve night time in the standalone because it opens a whole new style of gameplay!

So much players prefer to play in daylight because it's more easy to play, u have so much vision. I like the night too, because it's more hard to be see by a zombie...

Many folk prefer Day servers as night IMHO doesn't quite work.

It's either too light (monochrome) or pitch black so many players flock to day only servers.

I'd like to see more mechanics introduced to promote night play. For eg, have zeds "sleep" at night etc.

Rgds

LoK

i dont know about you, but i play GAMES for FUN..

stumbling around in pitch black, not being able to see shit (unless u use the gamma-cheat, which i wont). or finding a nite server with a moonlite night making my game seem like an ol B&W TV show..

NO thx..

i personaly dont feel playing in the dark adds to the expereince at all, if anything it makes it more boring cuz u cant see anything..

might aswell just turn the puter off and stare at the monitor..

24/7 daylite servers for me..

if nitetime was made to be more "fun" and less like being blind i'd reconsider but as it is now.. no sale...

stumbling around in pitch black, not being able to see shit (unless u use the gamma-cheat, which i wont). or finding a nite server with a moonlite night making my game seem like an ol B&W TV show..

NO thx..

i personaly dont feel playing in the dark adds to the expereince at all, if anything it makes it more boring cuz u cant see anything..

if nitetime was made to be more "fun" and less like being blind i'd reconsider but as it is now.. no sale...

By "fun," do you mean killing players? Because thats pretty much the only reason not to have fun at night.

Couple of Servers have been posted today with 24h daytime.

You just need to look in the Private Hive Forum.

If you are a member of a clan, Can i suggest you all play on a night time server, broken it may be but the fun you'll have is out of this world. Go on try it, you will laugh your heads off.

It's so much better in a group, on your own it is terrible (And broken)

NO thx..

Couldnt have said it better myself, while i dont play specifically on 24/7 daytime servers i do avoid night servers. Night time is so black you literally cant see your gun in front of your face, use a flashlight? They suck. Use flares? Also suck. Just make you a big moving target for everything within 1000 meters. The moonlit nights are alot more forgiving and ive often played in moonlight however simply seeing a server is night is enough to make me not play on it.

When night time is revamped to be more 'playable' for the lack of a better word i will certainly look forward to playing at night.

Couldnt have said it better myself, while i dont play specifically on 24/7 daytime servers i do avoid night servers. Night time is so black you literally cant see your gun in front of your face, use a flashlight? They suck. Use flares? Also suck. Just make you a big moving target for everything within 1000 meters. The moonlit nights are alot more forgiving and ive often played in moonlight however simply seeing a server is night is enough to make me not play on it.

When night time is revamped to be more 'playable' for the lack of a better word i will certainly look forward to playing at night.

Its not broken. Also, unless you are playing this to PvP, you really shouldn't care if a player sees you. I would actually welcome them coming over. Center of attention and being friendly is always a good scenario.

I dont like to play at night... Because player cheat with there video setting!

So if you dont cheat the video setting and have the chance to find NVG !!!

It is totaly useless !!! I like to play in the dark... but since it is so easy to

change setting to see almost like day time... I dont play at night no more :(

I dont like to play at night... Because player cheat with there video setting!

So if you dont cheat the video setting and have the chance to find NVG !!!

It is totaly useless !!! I like to play in the dark... but since it is so easy to

change setting to see almost like day time... I dont play at night no more :(

I don't care if people use the video settings thing. I still choose to play on normal.

I don't care if people use the video settings thing. I still choose to play on normal.

Good for you :)

But i get bored playing with this disadvantage.

* We are not legion to play with normal setting in night time.