Sign in to follow this  
brockahlys@gmail.com

dayz still wont work! :( (pictures)

hi i have a few photos its not working and i hate it, spent 1600 bucks ona good computer that wont run dayz for some reason anymore :(

hopefully sombody can please help ! sorry ive posted so much but i really want it working..

post-137006-0-73948000-1358346653_thumb.

post-137006-0-41078300-1358346754_thumb.

best bet.... search on google... you cant find any come back here..

Did you run Arma II and Arma II OA first?, you mentioned a new computer is all is why I suggest this, otherwise in commander click on the settings tab and double check to see if the path is pointing to where Arma II is located on your system, if that doesn't work and everything there is correct then your next step is of course, google.

yep run it (as admin on steam) still dont work. ive played arma 2 oa but dayz commender dont work, downloading six updater but i dont think so :/ i really want it to work!

When it says 'validate your directories' I think it means go to DayZ Commander > Settings > Game Directories and check that you've specified the correct locations.

The problem is that it can't find a file.

When you install the game from steam, you need to run it at least once from steam to set up the registry.. Then Dayz Commander finds ARMA automatically.

The default is

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2

Have you checked that the .exes are actually there?

Also, I noticed that you have updates available in DayZ Commander ?

yep run it (as admin on steam) still dont work. ive played arma 2 oa but dayz commender dont work, downloading six updater but i dont think so :/ i really want it to work!

Yeah not sure here, according to the guy who is responsible for dayz commander, you have to run both arma 2 and arma 2 OA manually before you start commander, basically close commander then run the games, then open it up and try again, but you've probably tried that.

It always says a file or 2 failed to accuire or something with steam everytime i've validated i wouldn't worry about that bit.

Have you started operation arrowhead to the main menu after validating?

In DayZ commander have a look in the settings at the boxes for the steam version about replacing files you might have to check that box or not, mine doesnt work when i check it for some reason i just start it with DayZ commander

It always says a file or 2 failed to accuire or something with steam everytime i've validated i wouldn't worry about that bit.

Have you started operation arrowhead to the main menu after validating?

In DayZ commander have a look in the settings at the boxes for the steam version about replacing files you might have to check that box or not, mine doesnt work when i check it for some reason i just start it with DayZ commander

Thats from within Steam, aye? Ibelieve those would be the beta.exe that Steam will always overwrite.

mZLY suggests to VERIFY from WITHIN DayZ COMMANDER :) do-able?

No, I meant check that he's actually installed the games into the default Steam directory.

Also, you do have to run both ArmA 2 and ArmA 2:OA up to the main menu before you install DayZ. Have you opened them once each from Steam?

it works now, not sure what happend.. . but how do i get maps like taviana and lingor? wouldnt mind playing those sinze cherno stuff i never find a decent wep....

Click install/update in DayZ Commander. They have loads of mods and maps available.

Edited by mZLY

Play WithSIX works fine, most people prefer Commander as it's more user friendly and caters to DayZ's many modceptions though.

Edited by mZLY

Manually update your settings in DayZCommander and make sure they are pointing to the directories the game is installed. I don't use Six so not sure exactly how additional mods work but yes they are also available through it.

Edited by smasht_AU