Sign in to follow this  
svittidiu

Where do you find ghillies?

What are the best buildings and best cities to find ghillie suits? I haven't had luck finding them.

I find them really common in Day Z Taviana. They are in standard residential spawns.

In Original Chernarus, I seemed to find them the most in Castles. I must say though I prefer the camo clothing and the 15% armour protection it gives, it's saved me a couple of times.

I've found a ghillie suit twice out of my whole time playing DayZ. I found them both in a pub in Electro, however, they spawn in residential/military spawn zones, which can be found all over the map.

This website may come in handy for you if you still need to familiarise with the loot spawn points/types:- http://www.dayzdb.com/map

Ghillie Suits can be found all around Chenerus, in Residential, Military, and Crash Sites.

The sort of camo you wear is your own preference. If you like to stay invisible and go long range with a sniper, the Ghillie is your best friend. Camo-clothing is for a bit more stealthy assault, crawling through the forest while staying within the environment. If it does have some sort of armor boost, that's also another boost for those assault or defense situations.

...but you can always stay Vanilla with the survivor-skin.

I've found more ghillies in Residental buildings than in crash sites!

• Like 1

They can spawn in all residantel buildings. The highest chance you have in Pubs/Bars and the Office/school buildings. They also spawn at heli crashsides but NOT on regular military spawns like barracks.

The Camo suit doesnt give you 15% protection. Thats servercontrolled and no server gives you the protection.

any civilian, from the worst shack(hell yes!) to school buildings..and also in crashsites..i think these are all the possible spawns..

my advice:

just look everywhere..there are spots where players don't go, like one exits houses or towns with only a few loot spawns..

The Camo suit doesnt give you 15% protection. Thats servercontrolled and no server gives you the protection.

i believed it was like the hero skin, 9mm bullets protection..

Just find a guide on the Internet, search for example on google for "best route for finding ghillie suits?"

Edited by KC Pr3lLoX

Heilo crash sites or in apt buildings, they spawn in residentials as well, and you can check husks around the map

found 2 in the same spawn at barracks. also m249 and ragnefinder

Cherno gives you the highest chance of finding one, but it's not somewhere I would go if I were fully geared. Berezino has a large amount of residental spawns and is relatively safe, provided you have a buddy on overwatch to save you from the hatchet.

I played for about a month or more (waiting for standalone) and have never found a ghili. I only found camo clothing once and that was at devils castle.

I've found seven or eight Ghillie suits. They were all in churches, or these odd red brick buildings with an arch over the front doorway.

Ghillies are found in small medium and large value residential buildings. Of course the greater value the spawn the higher chance of having a camo/ghillie spawn. I find that churches usually wield better results when trying to find one, but at the same time small value residential buildings out number the medium/large so be sure to check all.

Search for other peoples bases. I accidentally logged on a wrong server when I was planning to log on the server where my base is, I spawned at my base location only to find 10 more tents, obviously someone else built a base the exact same place as me. found 30 ghillie suits and 10 camo clothings

Edited by BanditHunter

If you read this, please read it with a David Attenborugh voice in your head

They are an elusive creature ...... Only coming out at night to feed.. You may seen them hiding under trees stalking there prey from a distance. I was lucky enough the other day to observe one of these creatures in the wild, when, being be a new spawn with nothing on me , one of these elusive creatures appeared and struck me down with his G36K, a new form of defence adapted over thousands of hours of evolution. So look out for this fiesty creature and be wary if you spot it. Maybe offer it some nice fruit or a can of sardines and it may well let you pass unharmed. Oh and look out for the dragons....