grimsonfart

Survivor, stop yelling "Friendly friendly" when im aiming at you!

Why are people still doing this? I mean, it does not help. If i want to kill you, i will. If i ask you to drop your gun, it means that i will let you live, but only on the premis that you do what i say, and try to pull out your secondary is not one of those things

There is a reason alot of us shoots on sight, people cant be trusted. How manny times havent you been screwed over by someone who "said" they where friendly, and the next second you are eating dirt. You complain about ME shooting on sight, but the truth is its not my fault people cant be trusted. Lets hope that the standalone fixes some of these broken mechanics.

Keep surviving mates, avoid me and eat beans

Edited by grimsonfart

Yes, it is your fault. You shoot players, then you're part of the problem not the solution. I have never killed a single player. I can be trusted.

And what the heck has any of that to do with "mechanics"?

Edited by Sula
  • Like 26

Yes, it is your fault. You shoot players, then you're part of the problem not the solution. I have never killed a single player. I can be trusted.

I think he may mean gameplay.

At what point have i said the opposite? Yes its my desision to shoot, but lets look at a faulty game mechanic: Bandit/surivor skin. If i see a bandit, i might shoot him on sight especially because he has the bandit skin, but does that make him a bandit? Same with the survivor skin, the friendly looking survivor might just be a bandit. How do you get the bandit skin? By shooting other people. The fault here is that if you want to defend yourself by shooting back, you might kill the actuall bandit and now, you are the survivor in a costume. Also, humanity resets after death (if im not mistaking), which means that you might be a bandit in a survivor costume. And then the hero suite, you get that by being nice. Now you might also get it bye continiously giving bloodbags to your mate and suddenly you are a bandit in a hero suit Edited by grimsonfart

I think this guy is trying to tell us he is a bandit.

• Like 10

I think this guy is trying to tell us he is a bandit.

Not really, just very cautious survivor who likes to listen to others people opinion :)

If i ask you to drop your gun, it means that i will let you live, but only on the premis that you do what i say, and try to pull out your secondary is not one of those things

You do realize that when someone drops their primary, they automatically pull out the secondary? How many people have you killed due to that perceived threat?

• Like 11

This is unbelievably illogical. Sure if you play on the same server for your entire DayZ career and you never have any new players joining your servers, then this logic is valid - but if you're like the majority of DayZ players you will be going from server to server so noone will ever really know your temperment. It's like saying "I'm a nice guy" and expecting everybody who has never met you to predetermine you're a nice guy.

The OP is right, people can't be trusted... if you're experienced. It's in our psychology to fear danger and that is exactly what an unknown player with a GUN is, danger. You have a major malfunction in your common sense and survival instinct if you aren't immediately cautious of someone wielding a weapon that can kill you. That being said, how far you are willing to go to test this 'trust' is player bias but at the end of the day the saying "Fool me once, same on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" applies drastically on how we approach a player once we've been playing for a long time.

Edited by Cdrive

And what the heck has any of that to do with "mechanics"

problem? hahahah

You do realize that when someone drops their primary, they automatically pull out the secondary? How many people have you killed due to that perceived threat?

I am aware of that. As secondarys are very weak, i usually tend to run around and if they start shooting me il just blow their head off easily. Another thing is that these situations with "drop ur weapon or im shooting ya" is with people that dosent have alot of firepower. I i suddenly run into a guy with a DMR bullets are off instantly. Edited by grimsonfart

Humanity doesn't reset after death, it's tied to your CD key. That's the whole point of the system - you can tell what the player's long term play style is like. But yeah, with the amount of assholes claiming they're friendly and then shooting you in the face a couple of seconds later, shouting you're friendly isn't going to help much anymore.

Humanity doesn't reset after death, it's tied to your CD key. That's the whole point of the system - you can tell what the player's long term play style is like. But yeah, with the amount of assholes claiming they're friendly and then shooting you in the face a couple of seconds later, shouting you're friendly isn't going to help much anymore.

Really? Well that was not the case in the previous versions. I guess i better read the changelogs :P

I don't get this.. So did you write this to brag about your murdering skills or did you actually try to make sense?

Edited by Sutinen

(...)

The OP is right, people can't be trusted... if you're experienced. It's in our psychology to fear danger and that is exactly what an unknown player with a GUN is, danger. You have a major malfunction in your common sense and survival instinct if you aren't immediately cautious of someone wielding a weapon that can kill you. That being said, how far you are willing to go to test this 'trust' is player bias but at the end of the day the saying "Fool me once, same on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" applies drastically on how we approach a player once we've been playing for a long time.

...and this mindest is the real problem. The only thing that brings you to shoot other people is YOUR psychology that say to YOU that a unknown player with a gun will shoot on you. For me is this mindset idiotic. The only danger in this game are the zombies because they will hurt you ever! All the other violence in this game comes from the broken mind of humans...

if you KoS other survivors, then you are part of the problem, not the solution..

sure you can deflect the blame saying everyone else does to, but if your not willing to step up to the plate and stop KoSing, then there NEVER will be a solution..

cuz i have ZERO faith Rocket will ever add mechanics to stop KoS from being the epidemic it is now, even in SA.

...and this mindest is the real problem. The only thing that brings you to shoot other people is YOUR psychology that say to YOU that a unknown player with a gun will shoot on you. For me is this mindset idiotic. The only danger in this game are the zombies because they will hurt you ever! All the other violence in this game comes from the broken mind of humans...

Lets say you are a very friendly person, GOOD. Lets say that you never shoot anyone no mather what, BAD. This psychology will get you killed over and over and over and over again. You will end up having to run all the way back to beretzino to get your beans back a couple of times a day. The only reason i would not shoot an heavily armed player is if i have an advantage over him. As an example i can say that i have an AS50 on taviana. I was sneaking around in the mountains at the east airfield. I saw ALOT of people but did not shoot a single one. Why? Because they where not a threat to me

We're animals. Regardless of how intelligent and cunning we are as a species we are still animals, and many of our instincts and 'gut feelings' come from the most primitive parts of our brain. If there is a real (gun) or percieved (suspicion) feeling of danger you will not approach it. Hate to break it to you but unless you're Pocahontas or Snow White you will never walk into a forest and have all the animals come running to you in complete trust of your 'good' nature.

It's not a 'broken mindset of humans' it's the mindset of every living thing on this planet and is the only reason we are around as a species today. There is nothing broken about it, and the only thing broken is your opinion. No offence.

Edited by Cdrive
  • Like 3

if you KoS other survivors, then you are part of the problem, not the solution..

sure you can deflect the blame saying everyone else does to, but if your not willing to step up to the plate and stop KoSing, then there NEVER will be a solution..

cuz i have ZERO faith Rocket will ever add mechanics to stop KoS from being the epidemic it is now, even in SA.

yes yes yes!, im a part of the problem, so are you. When 90% of the playerbase will shoot you on sight, i would rather not take the chance in loosing my 34 day old character with the best gear possible. To fix this problem (which is pretty much impossible to fix) everyone needs to be friendly. I am not going to sacrafice my beans just to "try" and stop KoS.

it's youtubers fault..in real life we say hello, or good morning..bandit skin means bandit in the north, in towns it can be an average player who had to defend himself..

• Like 3

Whenever I encounter another player close range, the first thing I do is point my weapon at him and tell him to drop his gun, or go for cover if he hasn't spotted me. My actions depend on what he does next, but I have a rule: don't shoot unless fired upon.

• Like 2

It's obviously your fault, the people who say "Friendly" are putting themself at risk to ensure that the both of you live. To fix this mechanic of the game, we'd need to remove you from the game ._.

• Like 2

Whenever I encounter another player close range, the first thing I do is point my weapon at him and tell him to drop his gun, or go for cover if he hasn't spotted me. My actions depend on what he does next, but I have a rule: don't shoot unless fired upon.

Same here, if he hasent spotted me, i might give him a chance, but when he has spotted me its just one way or the other (alive or daed)

It's obviously your fault, the people who say "Friendly" are putting themself at risk to ensure that the both of you live. To fix this mechanic of the game, we'd need to remove you from the game ._.

Fair enough, now remove 1000000 players