Meeshe

Most Useful Weapon..Your Thoughts

In response to teh post title i'd have to say in my opinion the best all round weapon and most useful weapon I've used is the M16 ACOG.

It's really under rated, it has awesome range (800m makes it a decent DMR, all be it not as powerful as it's counterparts), a decent scope, common mags (which makes up for the lack of power) , useful zombie killer, adaquet weapon for supressing or even killing people, not too noisy, looks like a common M16 froma distance. I really think it's a fantastic subtle weapon.

Other than that I usually try to aquire and keep hold of an M4A3 CCO and for sniping I prefer the M107. Side Arm I love the 1911 and always have one, useful for zombie killing and the occasional clipping of players.

Edited by Box

okay, my setup can vary depending on what i have. If you have a large rucksack with enough food to last you trips then keep any long ranged weapon like your CZ550 in there, and keep any assault weapon on you. The reason I do this is because you will always have to auto fire in close encounters especially if you don't have the jump on them or they are already firing on you, this way you don't have fumble with weapons. The backpack sniper is for when you do hear a sniper or they are trying to sniper you. here you can get behind cover quickly switch the guns through the backpack and counter sniper. This is my opinion, don't tread on me.

But my favorite gun in all has to be the any m4 varient since ammo is so plentiful everywhere. favorite pistol is a PDW (if I can find one) they use two types of ammo the g17 ammo and the PDW ammo so more chances to find more. Sniper wise its the m24/m40a3- This sniper is for all elite snipers since it tests your abilities. You going to have to aim for the head and regualry ajust the range. All in all its my main choice over the overpowered m107/AS50 any time.

Edited by jesterthemolester

A good starter combo is 1911 and Winchester

1911 is a one-shot vs zombies and ammo can be found everywhere (you can also convert it from the revolver ammo)

Winchester is pretty common, ammo is plentiful at barns, semi-auto (15 rounds per mag) and quite accurate, so you can be good both up close and on mid range. It's also quiet and looks badass.

Im going to go against the grain a bit here and say the most useful weapon would be the players themselves. A smart, resourceful, tactical player could take down large numbers of zombies or players using whats around them. If you are a smart player any weapon you wield can be deadly. Obviously if youre outgunned youre outgunned nothing you can do about it but take as many down with you as possible. But honing your survival skills and practicing proficiency with as many weapons as possible will make you the player a deadly weapon.

• Like 1

For me it's the axe every time. Have to say, I cannot work with that cz550 thing. It zooms in too far for anything but sniping and I rarely need to snipe even when hunting animals.

I quite like the revolver, and it's some how reassuring to have a fancy primary but I'd rather carry my axe any day. I don't bother picking up primaries of any kind unless I think they're essential where I am at the time. I just stick with my axe. I used to just not bother with Lee Enfields but now I don't bother with primaries unless I think I'm on a server where PvP is likely. :thumbsup:

Edited by Sula

Crossbow is nice for looting a City. AKM for PvP. Winnie for Hordes of Zs. Sidearm Revolver i prefere the scope over the M1911 scope. Ammo is the same

favorite pistol is a PDW (if I can find one) they use two types of ammo the g17 ammo and the PDW ammo so more chances to find more. Sniper wise its the m24/m40a3- This sniper is for all elite snipers since it tests your abilities. You going to have to aim for the head and regualry ajust the range. All in all its my main choice over the overpowered m107/AS50 any time.

It can also use M9, M9SD, MP5 and MP5SD mags so very easy to find ammo for. Quite accurate and the only secondary with a full auto option makes this my favorite secondary too, even with the crap sights.

• Like 1

If I need to go single primary I prefer the M16A4 ACOG. Sure it doesn't deal 8000 damage like the M14 and whatnot, but it's quiet, can use STANAG SD rounds, and can get accurate headshots from 600m. Just have to practice hip fire and using the scope, but that's what armory is for.

For best double primary loadout I go with M4A1 CCO SD and DMR. You can swap the DMR with M14 AIM if you like, just depends on how good with the DMR you are and how close quarters you plan on fighting players.

Fresh spawn though, as others have said, can't beat the axe/pistol combo. Winne can work fine too if you feel you need a gun, or you can usually find an AK or an MP5 in a firestation or deerstand. If you go with AKM, I'd choose your shots wisely. It's considerably louder than the other variants, so you either have to be ready to lose zeds or be accurate with your sidearm when you need to deal with zeds.

D'oh Ive passed by a couple winchesters, keeping my cz-550, sounds like I made a mistake there. Having a gun with a scope felt so badass I didnt want to drop it, but not much love for it so far. Been unlucky finding a sidearm I guess, but will keep looking. FINALLY figured out to equip an axe last night so if I can clear out some room in my inventory, Im a hoarding packrat, I can test it out on some Zeds later today.

So much good info here..

....Just have to practice hip fire and using the scope, but that's what armory is for.

Im not familiar with this? Is it in Arma 2, like a gun range or something?

it's a gun range but in open terrain and with missions that you can also disable.really good, also for practicing with vehicles. if you cannot go for single player disable dayz or run twice arma

• Like 1

Yeah, the armory is on Arma II, you choose a weapon or vehicle, then go into Chenarus and get missions to unlock more or just screw around. There's also the editor to practice on, but I've found this can be confusion an unintuitive to people not familiar with Arma and its editor. It is great fun once you learn to use it, and it's where I did most of my Heli practice.

What you might want to considering doing if you want to keep the CZ 550 but still use another rifle (since it is pretty rare for a civilian rifle) is find a tent, and either stash the CZ in there for now, or drop off some non-essential combustibles (ammo for other guns, extra food/drink, extra meds you don't need at the moment) so you have room to put the CZ in your pack and you can either pull out the hatchet or find a Winchester or something. Best place to find a tent is a supermarket, but I've had good luck in the pubs and schools too. It does take 3 spaces when you find one though, so make sure you have at least that available.

• Like 1

i'd say that the winchester only SEEMS quiet..zombies and other players hear a quite different sound, consistently louder

Most useful weapon (besides the Hatchet) has got to be the AKM

Not too rare, quite easy to find ammo - one hit kills for zombies, zeroing so you can snipe those pesky bandits and a Full option to fill bandits with lead when they get too close.

Sure the M14 is good but its not the most common weapon around.

Revolver... Rick Grimes all the way.

But it all seriousness, my favorite gun is the AKs74u, ammo is plentiful, sights are good, its so pretty!

Greatest allround I believe is one of my favs and always in my loadout/backpack is the: DMR. The DMR is a semi-automatic sniper rifle with a good clip size, accurate, 1-2 hits to bring a player to the floor, scope woth good sight, you can reload m24 mags to make DMR's, ok amount of ammo, can be used with NVG's.

If not this I would use my most favourite which is the M4A1 CCO SD. Silenced, great sight, nice mag size, ammo is rare, but if your using it properly its not a big deal, ultimate zombie slaying weapon, kills players nicely with the addition of the silencer. Its because of the attachments that make this gun more favourable to me, even if it is less damaging than the average akm.

The most useful weapon? The one in my hands, because no matter what gun, stick, rock, or hatchet I am carrying, is the most useful and dangerous weapon.

After tonights session, I see what some of yall mean about the hatchet. Killed my first three Zeds tonight using it. I had to clear out most of the czech pack I had found yesterday, but was able to get my cz-550 in there. I just cant let it drop I guess. But doing so was worth it because I love the hatchet. Quiet and deadly.

Funny story, For the last 2 days Ive been trying to work my way north from Cherno. I came upon a barn and 2 house combo on a road. Lots of open space after I come off the hill Im on to get there. I slowly work my way down there, getting close to a wall next to the barn. SHOTS ring out. I race to the wall and freeze. Zeds are aggroing , more shots ringing out and a bit later more shots. A death message on side chat during this.I would of high tailed it back to the trees but it was a long way with no cover so Im stuck there. I wait about 20 minutes stuck pinned down afraid to move and expose myself. I finally work my way around the wall and into the barn. Nothing really there, I take some time checking out the enterable house and the surrounding countryside and cant see any movement other than the Zeds. Its getting dark now so I cross the street to the house, Killing my first 2 Zeds EVER with my hatchet haha and find hardly anything in the house, But I hear some flies. I find the body, kill a Zed eating(?) on him, and loot a M1911, compass and binoculars. YAY! I dont see any dead Zeds anywhere.

So Im wondering, did this guy lose his cool and start firing at the Zeds and lose the battle. There were a lot of shots fired that I heard. Or did two guys come together, meet and battle it out, the other guy taking off after killing the other? Just got me wondering.

I use the compass and see i was heading south! I thought I had been heading north. On a hunch I headed over the hill and of course I see Cherno industrial buildings in the distance. Last 2 days, I had walked in one big circle /SMH

ANyway off topic there.

Im going to keep the m1911 and keep my Cz-550 in the pack and hatchet in mainhand because of yall. Thanks. Would love to get my hands on some of these other weaps yall are talking about. And matches, where the hell are the Zeds hiding all the matches.

For what happened to the guy, it's very possible he just couldn't deal with zombies, depends on what the shots sounded like. Typically though if a zombie agroes on a player regardless of reasons, after said player dies a couple zombies will stay by the body and "eat" it until they're killed, despawn, or agroed to something else.

Sounds like what you need now is a map and matches (and an Alice pack). I'd recommend heading to Zelenogorsk from there and and looting what I call the western market belt. It's Zelenogorsk, Pustoshka and Vybor, all of which have supermarkets, and Vybor has an office building if you get really unlucky. High chance of finding a tent on the way too, and some nice spots to the west to stash it.

Zelenogorsk us NNW out of Cherno, about 5km or so (I forget) then you just take a left when the paved road breaks off and follow that all they way up to to Vybor. You will hit a small town called Sosnovka in between Zelenogorsk and Pustoshka, just don't bother with that.

For Zelenogorsk though, if you think you're getting lost, look for a giant radio tower on a hill. This is green mountain, which is 1km NE of Zelenogorsk. (I don't recommend going up there though, that place is haunted, no joke). Worst comes to worst, head south, find Komarovo or Kamenka and follow the roads leading North out of them, you'll reach Zelenogorsk in about 10-15 min from there.

Happy Hunting :D

• Like 1