Sign in to follow this  
kevinwebb94@gmail.com

Best DayZ snipe ever? maybe.

InbeforeTLDR

So I was on Taviana today, managed to fix up a little bird to fly around solo. Didn't really know what to do so I just flew around for a bit and explore since I don't know the map very well.

I spotted a red sedan in the town called "Boye" so i decided to follow it, non-hostile. The server I was on had no side chat so I couldn't communicate. Anyway I followed it to the big golden-gate bridge where it passed by a Humvee. everyone gets out and they have a fire-fight on the bridge in which the 2 guys in the sedan die and the 3-man humvee squad takes their loot.

At this point I am thinking: damn that humvee squad, I should do something!

I maintain an altitude of about 550 meters and watch them. they get back in the humvee and drive towards Boye, where I was before. I decide to land on top of Khlumek mountain (the snowy mountain next to Boye) and scout them. I am armed with an M24 and range-finders.

I run a little ways down the mountain and start scoping them. They've parked their humvee on a road in the town that is in my view, I start scoping and they appear to be looting dead bodies. The rangefinder reads 961 meters at this point. I zero my rifle all the way to 800 meters.

So I think to myself: well, this is probably too far to get a kill, perhaps I can snipe the tire of the humvee and suppress their advance (or just annoy them)

I shoot a round off at the tire, aiming above as needed. This causes the bandits to start scurrying about and they manage to aggro some zombies. I fired another shot off at the tire, a little higher this time.

Next I took aim at one of the bandits who was fighting with a zombie, and fired. Not sure if I hit him, but it scared them enough that I am pretty sure 2 of the 3 guys combat logged.

So the third guy was bleeding, I assume from a zombie. He ran about 50 meters into some trees and went prone. I thought this was my perfect chance!

Remember he is about 950 meters away (I think), and I am zeroed at 800 meters. I centered his body on the second mildot below the crosshair, and fired. Luckily for me, I managed to see the dust cloud when the shot hit the dirt. It was low. He didn't move when this happened. So, I then centered his body on the third mil dot below the crosshair, and fired. Success, bandit was killed!

Sorry for no pictures or video. inb4coolstorybro

Edited by Remote
  • Like 1

I once shot a bandit with a makarov from 1000 meters.

Sorry for no pictures or video. It's true though!

I once killed a player that was on top of a mountain with a tin can from the base of the mountain.

Remote dont let the get to you was a nice story an i quite frankly actually do believe you anything is possible if ya ask me :D

just dont bother with troll and disbelievers they wont get you anywhere look for the people that give respect and gratitude

Its alright - nice story.

And actually, what i said was true, some guy posted a thread about bringing down a Heli with a Makarov - he was flamed because he said he'd upload the video but never did.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/59865-1-makarov-shot-brings-down-a-helicopter/page__hl__makarov

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 1

There was once a bloke who brought down a heli with one shot from a Makarov.

True.

Can confirm, i saw the video.

Probally legit too (edit-internet sarcasm)

Ohh to the OP sounds cool, really, I don't think people go to such lengths to simply say I shot somebody. Makarov/heli poster didn't say anything other than he shot a helicopter with a makarov and we all know how that turned out...

Edited by Trizzo

Probally legit too.

No, trolling. I don't think you can even do that. You would have to fire at a ridiculous angle. I will give truckloads of beans to anyone who can do it though.

Just record what you do. It makes it much easier to impress people when you pull out a sick video.

Ask Steak and Potatoes about the best sniper shot, since he has it.