Sign in to follow this  
Hartraft

Fishing Rods

I had a quick look and couldnt find any topics on fishing rods with the search function.

I think it would be a good idea to implement the option of fishing to get your food. This would require the use of a fishing rod with bait. To restrict it from being a food farm where you can get an endless supply of fish make it so that there is a 1 in 50 chance of catching a fish each cast (for example). The fish would also need cooking (or different benifits between raw and cooked)

Alternatively to make the game more realistic or harder the devs could incorporate a fishing simulator to actually make it hard to catch fish.

Not sure I'd want to "relax" in a post apocalyptic wasteland, especially when there's the possibility of someone getting an easy kill because I was loafing about fishing lol. It'd be great to have a wealth of options for nourishment for sure, but not really imagining fishing would be something that would fit here.

And then you could use your fishing rod to pull zombies and enemies towards you! ... oh wait... that's Minecraft.

This could be a neat element, truthfull even though a lot of these ideas are cool i would be fearful if too many made it into the game just due to so many mechincs existing may lead to shallow gameplay with an overcrowding of features.

This could be a neat element, truthfull even though a lot of these ideas are cool i would be fearful if too many made it into the game just due to so many mechincs existing may lead to shallow gameplay with an overcrowding of features.

Totally agree. There could be a 100 different ideas such as this one that could be implemented but if too many get put in it would probably just turn into being a game with a 100 different mini simulators.

That's why I think a mechanic like this could just boil down to a simple % chance of catching a fish each attempt with each attempt taking 5 seconds.

I had a quick look and couldnt find any topics on fishing rods with the search function.

Not sure if you're trollin or what - I got two pages of results when I searched for fishing rods.

Lucky you're from Tassie, otherwise I wouldve lost my shit.

• Like 1

Not sure if you're trollin or what - I got two pages of results when I searched for fishing rods.

Lucky you're from Tassie, otherwise I wouldve lost my shit.

Haha lucky indeed.

Funnily enough I did a search earlier and it came up with like two threadsow when I search again there is a couple of pages. Spelling mistake by me perhaps? Anyway my bad!